Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
316
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

316 Views
Message 21 of 69

KidBoy2:   The fact is marketplace competition will save you. You sound like you do not want people to save on their health care...why?

 

 

How? Without the individual mandate, the risk pool will have older and sicker people and they are exactly the demographic that insurers do not like. What insurance companies are going to compete with lower premiums in order to attract the people who cost more to cover?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
316
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
313
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

313 Views
Message 22 of 69

umbarch64: 

Since Life IS a right, that which enables life to continue must be considered a part of life. Do not provide it and Life is eliminated.  That is not only an act of omission, but an overt action since the ability to provide that necessity is available.  The Constitution says a person cannot be 'deprived of life without due process of law.  I don't think I need belabor this point.

 

Adequate Health Care to enable life to continue is therefore a Right, just as life itself is a Right.

 

Agreed. Healthcare shouldn't be treated as an ordinary commodity that we can make do without until we can afford it. It's a neccessity. Period. I hope we get to a single payer system eventually such as Medicare for all. It has worked well and is administered at a lower cost. Perhaps such a system could still have private policies as gap fillers to cover what Medicare doesn't? I think that would work. The private insurance companies add no value to our healthcare system except to act as middlemen who take a cut. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
313
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
308
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

308 Views
Message 23 of 69
mick posted..

If your going to keep repeating Falsehoods and offer no supporting sourcing why bother - every Statute of Reference you've offered to date - I've spent a reasonable amount of time refuting - including citing facts and the Actual Statutes - most BTW were in the link you were cutting and pasting excerpts from so I know you know the facts..........................

=================================================

"If your going to keep repeating Falsehoods and offer no supporting sourcing why bother"

Falsehoods? Like this...


Even before Obamacare there were laws were Heath Insurance Companies could not sell across state lines.

Seat belts...they are great.

Wear Your Seat Belt for Insurance Discounts!
www.carinsurancecomparison.com › Auto Insurance Discounts
Just tell your car insurance agent that you put on your seat belt every time you ... but there are also other seat belt programs available that may help you save.

There are also many discounts for things like anti-lock brakes..air bags, etc.

============================================

Enough of this back and forth as you keep posting things about me that are not true.





Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
308
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
308
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

308 Views
Message 24 of 69

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

@KidBoy2 wrote:
mick posted..

Insurance is about Risk not Competition

=======================================

Its about both.
Before Obamacare there were no rules preventing Insurance Companies from Competing - The USA still had the

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even before Obamacare there were laws were Heath Insurance Companies could not sell across state lines.

The rest of your post is what you think which is fine but it show (I think) that you are making a case for a single payer system.

Seat belts...thats a few one.

If your going to keep repeating Falsehoods and offer no supporting sourcing why bother - every Statute of Reference you've offered to date - I've spent a reasonable amount of time refuting - including citing facts and the Actual Statutes - most BTW were in the link you were cutting and pasting excerpts from so I know you know the facts..........................

 

Seat Belts are a example of the kinds of Legislation Health Insurance Companies not only support but fund the research that shows they save lives - however - not a single individual who paid for Vehicle Insurance got a rebate or a reduction in rates when Seat Belts became mandatory in every state but my own - even  though the number of deaths and serious injuries went down dramatically and saved the Insurance Industry Billions

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
308
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
302
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

302 Views
Message 25 of 69
Mlseker posted..

I posted..
Look at Canada look at Cuba..it does not work.

One reason its a mess know is that our government is in control of much of our heath care...like the Obamacare mess.

A free market is a market with competition...just look at what WalMart has done to lower prices for all and they pay taxes and make a profit.

For profit is a good thing. Would you want our government to control all business..I think not unless you want to live in a communist country...I do not want that...do you?


Mlseker answered..



Thats a cop out answer. you used the tired argument of "look at someone else", but the fact is they like it. i never said government should control all business, thats an accusation you are making to divert from the fact you cant tell me why you think the citizens of the US dont deserve afordable healthcare.

So it begins.

========================================================

"
" you cant tell me why you think the citizens of the US dont deserve afordable healthcare."

How can you make that statement? I can not tell you because its not true. OK?

The fact is marketplace competition will save you. You sound like you do not want people to save on their health care...why?
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
302
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
302
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

302 Views
Message 26 of 69
Mick posted..

KidBoy2 wrote:
mick posted..

Insurance is about Risk not Competition

=======================================

Its about both.
Before Obamacare there were no rules preventing Insurance Companies from Competing - The USA still had the

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even before Obamacare there were laws were Heath Insurance Companies could not sell across state lines.

The rest of your post is what you think which is fine but it show (I think) that you are making a case for a single payer system.

Seat belts...thats a few one.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
302
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
309
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

309 Views
Message 27 of 69

@KidBoy2 wrote:
mick posted..

Insurance is about Risk not Competition

=======================================

Its about both.

Before Obamacare there were no rules preventing Insurance Companies from Competing - The USA still had the

 

1. Most Expensive Healthcare in the World and the Worst Outcomes

 

2. Near the Bottom on just about every Criteria & Healthcare Indicator that Data is compared on - Infant Motality - Life Expectancy - Access to Comprehensive Quality Affordable Insurance - Timeliness - Equity - Coordinated Care - Preventitive Medicine

 

This State Line issue is a False Narrative - it's a Lie - it's a Straw Man meant to further confuse the uninformed - If Governors and State Legislations weren;t adverse to Health Insurance Companies competing across their State Lines - Again - There Was No Federal Statute to Prevent it

 

But Health Insurers Paid these same Governors and Legislators - Big Bucks - to Forget About Competition

 

Visit the Campus of any of the Largest Healthcare Insurance Providers in the Country and see if the Millions they spend on Landscaping and Architecture would lead a reasonable person to think they are struggling - visit the Ponzi Market Boards and check out their Stock History

 

Health Insurance Companies Have Enormous Chunks of Meat on Their Bones and there is no reasonable argument anyone can make that supports the Notion that Health Insurance Companies are going to be engaging in a Price War to get the Sickest Most Expensive to Care For Clients onto their Programs

 

Insurance Companies will fight hard to get Legislation to force people to wear Seatbelts

 

But they will fight even harder against Legislation that forces them to Compete

 

Thats Exactly what Obamacare was intended to do - force Competition and Legislate Minimum Standards of Comprehensive Quality Care - the Red States and the Republicans in the US Congress did everything they could do to sabotage Americans getting Good Quality Healthcare at Affordable Prices - just like every other Civilized Country in the World already has - truth be told they sabotaged it by refusing to do anything - like expanding Medicaid - unfortunately for them - enough Red Staters cared more about their Citizens then they hated Obama and now Millions of Americans have Healthcare and Red State Governors like Kasich in Ohio are not going to be grabbing a Megaphone and Telling their Sickest Citizens to Give up your Healthcare becuase Anthem & United Healthcare are going to start competing across State Lines for your business

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
309
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
311
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

311 Views
Message 28 of 69

There are a whole bunch of flawed assumptions and false equivalencies floating around here.

 

Life is a right.  That's a moral principle.  If you say otherwise you risk forfeiture of your own.

 

Life isn't 'just a moral principle', that principle is memorialized in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, the very foundations of this Nation, the Constitution being technically 'the law of the land' to which compliance of all other law is mandatory. 

 

Is that right so far?  IF so...DO YOU AGREE?   Say NO and a bigger problem than you can ever imagine exists between us.  Since that can only be resolved somewhere other than discussion here, Let us move on as though you said YES.

 

Since Life IS a right, that which enables life to continue must be considered a part of life. Do not provide it and Life is eliminated.  That is not only an act of omission, but an overt action since the ability to provide that necessity is available.  The Constitution says a person cannot be 'deprived of life without due process of law.  I don't think I need belabor this point.

 

Adequate Health Care to enable life to continue is therefore a Right, just as life itself is a Right.

 

That being said...private enterprise has no legitimate right to establish any proviso whatsoever in regard to life or the support system that makes it possible for life to continue.

 

You see where this is going....so I will leave it at that and see what sort of equivocation comes back.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
311
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
298
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

298 Views
Message 29 of 69

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MIseker posted..

Healthcare is a right, not a priviledge. Introducing private insurance into healthcare is simply greed. The bigger the pool, the better the risk is spread..and thats the argument for nationl healthcare. you eliminate all the CEO pay, cut the admin costs, streamline the paperwork. SImply saying anything run by the govt is a mess, is a dodge from the debate. its a mess now. tell me why any health care company should be on the stock exchange please. the mission of any insurance company includes profit. If its single payer by the govt, the only mission is to provide healthcare to everyone. So folks, i need you to tell me why you are against healthcare for everyone.

==============================

Look at Canada look at Cuba..it does not work.

One reason its a mess know is that our government is in control of much of our heath care...like the Obamacare mess.

A free market is a market with competition...just look at what WalMart has done to lower prices for all and they pay taxes and make a profit.

For profit is a good thing. Would you want our government to control all business..I think not unless you want to live in a communist country...I do not want that...do you?




Thats a cop out answer. you used the tired argument of "look at someone else", but the fact is they like it. i never said government should control all business, thats an accusation you are making to divert from the fact you cant tell me why you think the citizens of the US dont deserve afordable healthcare.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
298
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
296
Views

Re: GOP - Marketplace Competition Will Save You

296 Views
Message 30 of 69
MIseker posted..

Healthcare is a right, not a priviledge. Introducing private insurance into healthcare is simply greed. The bigger the pool, the better the risk is spread..and thats the argument for nationl healthcare. you eliminate all the CEO pay, cut the admin costs, streamline the paperwork. SImply saying anything run by the govt is a mess, is a dodge from the debate. its a mess now. tell me why any health care company should be on the stock exchange please. the mission of any insurance company includes profit. If its single payer by the govt, the only mission is to provide healthcare to everyone. So folks, i need you to tell me why you are against healthcare for everyone.

==============================

Look at Canada look at Cuba..it does not work.

One reason its a mess know is that our government is in control of much of our heath care...like the Obamacare mess.

A free market is a market with competition...just look at what WalMart has done to lower prices for all and they pay taxes and make a profit.

For profit is a good thing. Would you want our government to control all business..I think not unless you want to live in a communist country...I do not want that...do you?



Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
296
Views