Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

 

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
433
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

433 Views
Message 51 of 100

Paul Ryan Suggests New Health Care Bill’s Tax Cut For The Wealthy Is No Big Deal

 

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday said he’s “not that concerned” about criticism of the wealthy getting a tax cut under the GOP’s new health care bill.

 

Fox News host Tucker Carlson told Ryan it’s “kind of a hard sell” to argue the wealthy should get a tax cut under the American Health Care Act. Ryan brushed it off.

 

“I’m not that concerned about it, because we said we were going to repeal all the Obamacare taxes,” Ryan said. “This is one of the Obamacare taxes.”

 

Ryan also argued that getting rid of those taxes would help with the GOP’s tax reform efforts later this year.

 

There has been widespread opposition to the health care bill since it was rolled out earlier this week, including from some conservatives in Congress. Health care organizations, senior advocacy groups and insurers have also criticized the bill.  

 

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-ryan-tax-cut_us_58c1632be4b0ed71826a773d?

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
433
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
434
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

434 Views
Message 52 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Inside the Republibubble people have more because they're BETTER - better workers, better thinkers, better planers, and all they have is soley because of THEIR efforts. Conversly, if people have less is because they're WORSE - worse workers, worse thinkers, worse planners, and their poverty is ALL THEIR FAULT.

 

This is how Republicans can continue their totally unCrhistian attitudes - they seriously believe that IF ONLY the poor can be encouraged to make a greater effort, they they will no longer be poor, and Republicans think encouragement can be provided by making sure those sluggards get NOTHING from the Government.

 

Strange they do not apply this thinking to capital gains, deferred interest or inherited wealth....or maybe not so strange since they worship unearned wealth and the undeserved rich.


No, this is not about class warfare, "from each...to each...." or any of that jazz. It is simply about prioritizing "needs" before "wants".


That just simply Factually Untrue -Why is the Republican Bill focused more on the Tax Implications than actual Healthcare

 

1. Folks making $20,000 a year take the biggest hit at any age under the GOP plan, a recent Kaiser study found.

 

A 27-year-old would get only $2,000, instead of $3,225 under Obamacare, on average, while a 40-year-old would get $3,000 versus nearly $4,150.

 

However, the biggest loser would be a 60-year-old, who would receive only $4,000, instead of nearly $9,900 under Obamacare.

 

2. Enrollees in their 50s and early 60s benefited from Obamacare because insurers could only charge them three times more than younger policy holders. The bill would widen that band to five-to-one. 

 

That would mean that adults ages 60 to 64 would see their annual premiums soar 22%, or nearly $3,200, to nearly $18,000, according to a study by the Milliman actuarial firm on behalf of the AARP Public Policy Institute. Those in their 50s would be hit with a 13% increase, or just over $1,500, and pay an annual premium of $12,800.

 

Also, the GOP bill doesn't provide them as generous tax credits as Obamacare. A 60-year-old making $40,000 would get only $4,000 from the Republican plan, instead of an average subsidy of $6,750 from the Affordable Care Act, according the Kaiser study.

 

3. Higher-income Americans could pay fewer taxes, get more tax benefits.

 

The legislation would eliminate two taxes that Obamacare levied on the wealthy to help pay for the law.

 

4. Impact of Immediately Repealing Obamacare Taxes Including the Premium Tax Credit

 

Should Congress decide to immediately repeal all tax aspects of Obamacare, including the premium tax credit, the results will be sure to create headlines.

 

In this scenario, because low-income taxpayers would lose their subsidies in the form of the credit, while the richest 1% would continue to save, on average, $33,000, those earning less than $89,000 will actually experience a tax increase.

 

In fact, 7% of taxpayers earning less than $25,000 would see their taxes rise by an average of $3,900 because of the loss of the premium tax credit, while 3% of middle-income taxpayers -- those earning between $25,000 and $89,000 -- would experience an average increase of $6,200 resulting from the loss of the subsidies.

 

Nearly everyone in the Top 1%, who earn more than $774,000 a year, would enjoy a hefty tax cut, averaging $33,000, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center.

 

Those in the Top 0.1% would get an average tax cut of about $197,000.

 

5. . Insurance companies could get a big tax break.

 

Obamacare allowed insurance companies to deduct only $500,000 of their executives' pay as a business expense.

 

The GOP bill would repeal that limitation, starting in 2018.

 

Top insurers pay their leaders millions in compensation every year so this provision could mean a nice tax savings for the companies.

 

6. In total, the immediate repeal of the Obamacare taxes will amount to a $350 billion tax cut for the richest 1% of taxpayers over the next ten years. The remaining 99% will either win or lose, depending on whether they currently claim the premium tax credit.

 

Sources

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2016/12/15/obamacare-repeal-results-in-tax-cuts-for-the-ri...

 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/economy/republicans-obamacare-repeal-replacement-bill/

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
434
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
433
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

433 Views
Message 53 of 100

Trump, Bannon, ORielly, limbaugh all spread this baseless propaganda-any other documentation would be considered by some fake news-so... 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
433
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
0
Kudos
437
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

437 Views
Message 54 of 100

Mr DRUMP 

 

The quotes are clearly stated on the first posts of this thread.  Please read and stop repeating yourself. 

George
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
437
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
442
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

442 Views
Message 55 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk9152see rker321 post


I did and saw nothing about Trump, Limbaugh, Bannon, and O'Reily. So, the question stands - do you have any quotes to support your post?



@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk9152see rker321 post


I did and saw nothing about Trump, Limbaugh, Bannon, and O'Reily. So, the question stands - do you have any quotes to support your post?


You correct, in my last post on this thread I said nothing about any of those people. otherwise I would probably tell you about "sources"

I am enthralled and jumping with joy to worry about Bannor or O'Reily or any7 of Trump's aid or co horts.  Dear they are doing an excellent job in sinking Trump why should I criticize them?

Yes, jumping with joy abouit the absolute disaster that any of this is actually happening. It surpasses my expectations.
Yes, pretty please, continue as you are, do not change, "you are doing marverlous"  Prov ide this country with all the lies that apparently Trump is so adept to.  Accuse without any proof  Obama of a felony, and now, they are taking your word and Congress wants to investigate what you have said. LOL  LOL  LOL  He actually played into the hands of his detractors. LOL  LOL  LOL and now inviting Ted Cruz for pizza and bowling to convince "lying Ted"  to support his bill. ?  The man that accused his father of being implicated in the JFK assasination. LOL  LOL  LOL  And he thinks that telling Cruz, "oh that was just trying to win the candidancy"   LOL  LOL  LOL

I am amazed that more of his supporters have not at this point turned away from him. but I have always said about the American public,  so, very politically ignorant. and yes, sadly, We finally have the government  that we deserve.
Democrats, please stop attacking the Trump voters, present to them how you are going to deal with how all of this will impact you in the future. 
Insults don't work, they exhalt all of his detractors.   do not praise him, but like his tweets, stop the insults.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
442
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
436
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

436 Views
Message 56 of 100

Guess the AMA forgot about those iPhones when they came out against the GOP repeal/replace plan.  Here's what they said:

 

  • “While we agree that there are problems with the ACA that must be addressed, we cannot support the AHCA as drafted because of the expected decline in health insurance coverage and the potential harm it would cause to vulnerable patient populations,”

FROM HuffPost: AMA Joins Increasingly Loud Chorus Of Health Groups Opposing GOP Repeal Bill  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ama-oppose-obamacare-repeal-bill_us_58c010c2e4b0d1078ca2a977

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
436
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
435
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

435 Views
Message 57 of 100

@pc6063 wrote:

Rk9152see rker321 post


I did and saw nothing about Trump, Limbaugh, Bannon, and O'Reily. So, the question stands - do you have any quotes to support your post?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
435
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
438
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

438 Views
Message 58 of 100

Rk9152see rker321 post

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
438
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
440
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

440 Views
Message 59 of 100

@pc6063 wrote:

Rker321--ahh sanity combined with real live facts, rather than worn out platitudes and phrases learned from Trump, Limbaugh, Bannon, and O'Reily! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!


Do you have any specific quotes to make your point?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
440
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
440
Views

Re: GOP Leader - Choose Between Iphones or Healthcare

440 Views
Message 60 of 100

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Chaffetz is a despicable little tool who needs reminding that those "poor" people are paying taxes that subsidizes his healthcare.

 

Does that mean that he was not including the "47%" in his comments. Does no "47%er" own an iphone. I don't know where these "facts" come from. Probably from the "mind reading" place that, "He knows nothing about...." comes from.


47%ers get free Iphones!


Surely you do not mean that those (to use an old tern) "bums" hanging around the front of CVS charging their phones from an external wall plug are actually tax payers.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
440
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors