Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: GOP Chair of Senate Homeland Security Committee Calls Trump Syria Policy "Unconscionable&am

Message 1 of 3

Now maybe they stand up again after he declares a emergency for his WALL. None of the border states want this wall or separation of their land, towns and their lives. Everything I see on the news and tv indicate we should look to the professionals for recommendations on 21st century equipment to secure our border. I am sure some of the money would be well spent on repair of the present wall and the building of a new wall in certain high risk areas but not from Sea to Shining Sea. Or with his brand TRUMP flashing in neon lights to quell idiots like Ann Coulter or the Great Rushbo. Senate Republicans stand up and take your job seriously. Check and balance the Executive branch of our government. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GOP Chair of Senate Homeland Security Committee Calls Trump Syria Policy "Unconscionable&qu

Message 2 of 3

the worm turns

used to describe when a person or group of people who have been treated badly for a long time suddenly become forceful and stop accepting a difficult situation:

So tOU WANT SOME WATER, ITS UP TO ME TO DECIDE IF NITOUT ME U'RE AS G0OD HUH? WELLIVE GOT A BG U GET WATER OR NOT! IAS DEAD! NITHOUT ME CONTROL YOUR FATE! YOUR VERY LUTES ARE IN MY HANDS CAN OF IT HERE. YOU DONT.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

GOP Chair of Senate Homeland Security Committee Calls Trump Syria Policy "Unconscionable"

Message 3 of 3

A funny thing is happening to the GOP Senate. They are expressing concerns over Trump policies.  Now that Trump has taken the fall for shutting down the government and the House is starting to look closely at his activities, I can see quite a few Senators beginning to actually do their jobs. 

The Republican chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee on Sunday torched the Trump administration’s plans for a complete withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, saying the exodus of American soldiers from the region would be “tragic” and “unconscionable.”

“I think it would just be tragic if we bugged out, left the Kurds who, by and large, have done the fighting and have defeated the ISIS caliphate, the territorial caliphate and ISIS, if we just abandoned them to the mercies — and I use that term loosely — of Russia and Iran and, possibly, Turkey,” Johnson said. “It would just be unconscionable.”

Johnson was one of 43 Senate Republicans to back a measure by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday that rebuked the president’s Syria policy in a bipartisan vote.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/03/trump-syria-policy-ron-johnson-1144295

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors