Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GOP CUTS TO MEDICARE & SOCIAL SECURITY

Message 61 of 85

I concur with these comments. I have no desire to live under a dictatorship. He is really messing with the citizens of the US. If he wants to be king, dictator or Scrooge McDuck, let’s find an isolated little island for him, send him there and he can be whoever he wants to be! Or move to Russia 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 85

@williamb39198 wrote:

@j77065g  @rk9152 and @john258. Still finding my way around this site. To rk and j, I hope you get this response thru john’s comment site. I think both of you are referring to income redistribution? Something that I would like to hear more comments on. @williamb39198

Everyone in the US can get health care. Go to the ER and you will be treated whether you can pay or not. That is not income redistribution it is something that all the people have said should happen for the good of all of us. Health care is provided to everyone in the US by law, and we all chip in to pay for that by our taxes, premiums, fees. There are a number of parts to the health care system. The most expensive part is what I call ER care so anything we can do to reduce that cost will save us all money. Medicare is a lot cheaper than ER care so we all save when we have more on medicare, and less using ER care.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 85

@j77065g  @rk9152 and @john258. Still finding my way around this site. To rk and j, I hope you get this response thru john’s comment site. I think both of you are referring to income redistribution? Something that I would like to hear more comments on. @williamb39198

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 85

@john258and @mandm84

Dad use to say if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck! Even if you call it a

moose, it's still a duck. And I think that we can say that a lie is a lie, and is probably a lie. Even if you

say that lie is a fact, that does not change the fact that it is still a lie, no matter how you try to contort

it. trump stated that the FBI is in tatters! Why just becaue he proclaims it. This falls under the same

rationale that when trump proclaims fake news...when the news just reported on what he said on tv

where they have him on tape and recordings. I think what he is saying is that what he says, is fake!

I just watched him talk in Utah, and he said basically that he is going to protect the lands by taking the protections off of protecting the land??? Maybe there's also lots of fake stuff about the tax cuts and the effect they will have on many areas of our lives.

I'm calling and emailing our Alaskan delegation to congress...but they are all repubs. But I'll keep 

trying. Let's stay strong, search for truth and facts. And listen to other's views. Somehow I think that we may want the same things, but disagree on how to get there. But!! Be able to separate logic from lack of logic concerning facts, and those wanting to believe in aternate facts and lies. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 85

@williamb39198 wrote:

One other issue that I had forgotten about concerning trump and his gang. Why has he taken so long to institute the other sanctions that congress passed on a combined vote of something like 495-5?Approximately a month and a half ago? Why is he covering for putin?

Republicans do not push him on this...guess they’re helping to cover

for putin too. What happened to good old fashion: let’s support the USA!

Simple he does not want to, and look likes he will not. This is a dictator in the making, and he is taking orders from his boss in Russia. It would look like he owes the Russians a lot of money as they have sure given a lot of money to the Trump Org. over the past few years. Keep in mind no American Bank will led to him. He has lived on dirty money, and now we all pay the price.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 85

@john258 

i certainly concur with your thoughts on the current repub right such as the freedom caucus, formerly the tea party, and including trump’s base. I do make some differentiation between “true” conservatives and the “fake” above described repub right. It has created a “tail wags dog” scenario. They are a minority, but yet it seems that we let them bully us by relentless use of the same talking points, not letting people finish talking, and talking loudly...all the while making up alternate fact issues, and avoiding the truth. It’s time for the majority to stand up to them, and develop a strategy to vote them out!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 85

One other issue that I had forgotten about concerning trump and his gang. Why has he taken so long to institute the other sanctions that congress passed on a combined vote of something like 495-5?Approximately a month and a half ago? Why is he covering for putin?

Republicans do not push him on this...guess they’re helping to cover

for putin too. What happened to good old fashion: let’s support the USA!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 85

@williamb39198 wrote:
Amen. Let's try to have some compassion for our fellow
citizens. Stop and consider something: we went to the
moon. Can't we solve healthcare if we really try?!

Quick answer. YES we can, but first you have to get rid of the far right. Keep in mind the far right have never done anything to help people they govern in over 500 years. Here are a few thing they have done. WW1, WW2, Depression 1929, Recession 2007. Right now the far right have two much power so end that and the rest can fall into place.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 85
Still learning here! Was replying to comments from
@john58
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 85
Amen. Let's try to have some compassion for our fellow
citizens. Stop and consider something: we went to the
moon. Can't we solve healthcare if we really try?!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors