Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

GM Cutting Staff by 15%

Message 21 of 52

"I can't wait until we have a liberal President that thinks!"

Any president who thinks would be a major upgrade over Trump.

I vividly remember car manufacturers and CEOs of other companies warning Trump about the dire consequences of tariffs and a trade war. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GM Cutting Staff by 15%

Message 22 of 52

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

GM just read the headlines: "people are buying SUVs and not Chevy Impalas".

They did warn Trump that tariffs would have a negative impact on auto jobs. Here is a Forbes article projecting a 10% decrease in auto sales because of them. I can't wait until we have a president who reads.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greggardner/2018/06/13/trump-tariffs-could-cut-u-s-auto-sales-by-up-to-...

I can't wait until we have a liberal President that thinks!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 52

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

They did warn Trump that tariffs would have a negative impact on auto jobs. Here is a Forbes article projecting a 10% decrease in auto sales because of them. I can't wait until we have a president who reads.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greggardner/2018/06/13/trump-tariffs-could-cut-u-s-auto-sales-by-up-to-...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 52

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Well we do reap what we sow don't we?  

GM has focused on milking the Federal Government ever since they were "Bailed Out" from decades of bad management.  As I understand it they still owe the American Tax payers over $2B from the bail out.  GM and Chrysler both took the bail out money but Ford did not.

At some point in time you have to pay the fiddler, rather than focus on getting the free money from the subsidies.  Ask the consumers what kind of vehicles they want and then build and sell them.  Truck and SUV sales clearly indicate the domestic market prefers them over tiny electric cars.

This is not rocket science GM, pull yourself up by your bootstraps like Ford is still doing!  I drive a Ford diesel truck because to tows my LARGE camper like a champ.

Also GM, pay your bills like the rest of us have to.

Ford just finished this process.  They announced a $1B loss and massive layoffs affecting 12% of Ford employees.  Don't Trump supporters ever read the news?  Even the headlines? 

http://www.thedrive.com/news/24176/ford-loses-1b-to-trump-tariffs-announces-massive-layoffs

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 52

Is this going to just open the way for foreign markets to export their products over here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 52

If all these layoffs continue to happen, how are we going to be able to buy American?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 52

@jimc91 wrote:

GM has focused on milking the Federal Government ever since they were "Bailed Out" from decades of bad management.  As I understand it they still owe the American Tax payers over $2B from the bail out.  GM and Chrysler both took the bail out money but Ford did not.

At some point in time you have to pay the fiddler, rather than focus on getting the free money from the subsidies.  Ask the consumers what kind of vehicles they want and then build and sell them.  Truck and SUV sales clearly indicate the domestic market prefers them over tiny electric cars.

This is not rocket science GM, pull yourself up by your bootstraps like Ford is still doing!  I drive a Ford diesel truck because to tows my LARGE camper like a champ.

Ford just finished this process.  They announced a $1B loss and massive layoffs affecting 12% of Ford employees.  Don't Trump supporters ever read the news?  Even the headlines? 

http://www.thedrive.com/news/24176/ford-loses-1b-to-trump-tariffs-announces-massive-layoffs

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 52

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 52

gm tax cuts.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 52

Maybe President Trump has secret plans to open GM plants in Moscow ?

Kudos
Views