Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: GLOBAL RESPECT DROPPED SHARPLY UNDER TRUMP

Message 1 of 36
Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

To the actual topic....

What the world thinks of Trump's America now

America is the most powerful nation on earth. It possesses the strongest military, largest economy, and dominant culture. Nevertheless, such factors do not necessarily translate into either international respect or popularity.

Indeed, the willingness of other nations to trust the U.S. with its extraordinary power is on the wane.

That, in turn undermines American influence. The better this nation's image, the more foreign governments are likely to cooperate with Washington in advancing shared goals

Of 17 nations for which Pew Research Center has numbers for both 2016 and 2017, only three—Greece, Hungary, and Nigeria—saw a popular uptick for America. All the others were down, some dramatically: Australia (60 to 48), Canada (65 to 43), France (63 to 46), Germany (57 to 35), India (56 to 49), Italy (72 to 61), Japan (72 to 57), Kenya (63 to 54), Netherlands (65 to 37), Poland (74 to 73), South Africa (60 to 53), Spain (59 to 31), Sweden (69 to 45), and United Kingdom (61 to 50).

You're repeating yourself.  We've already been through this when you changed references.  As I said then:

I see you found a new reference. I noticed that you tend to do that every time I point out that what you referenced is either untrue or agrees with what I said that you called untrue.  In this case, your new reference falls in the latter category.  As I said, the reason why our "image" is declining is that Trump is stopping Obama's practice of supporting other countries' economies to the detriment of ours.  I used trade and the Paris Climate Accord as examples.  You disagreed, but your last reference agreed and now that I've pointed that out you suddenly have a new reference.  Unfortunately, your new reference says the same thing.  It clearly states:

"Opposition to the U.S. withdrawing from climate and trade agreements is especially strong in the European nations polled."

Two suggestions:

1.  If you search long enough and hard enough you'll probably find some far left rag that agrees with you so keep looking, but

2.  Read the articles before you post them as a reference.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

To the actual topic....

America is the most powerful nation on earth. It possesses the strongest military, largest economy, and dominant culture. Nevertheless, such factors do not necessarily translate into either international respect or popularity.

Indeed, the willingness of other nations to trust the U.S. with its extraordinary power is on the wane.

That, in turn undermines American influence. The better this nation's image, the more foreign governments are likely to cooperate with Washington in advancing shared goals

Of 17 nations for which Pew Research Center has numbers for both 2016 and 2017, only three—Greece, Hungary, and Nigeria—saw a popular uptick for America. All the others were down, some dramatically: Australia (60 to 48), Canada (65 to 43), France (63 to 46), Germany (57 to 35), India (56 to 49), Italy (72 to 61), Japan (72 to 57), Kenya (63 to 54), Netherlands (65 to 37), Poland (74 to 73), South Africa (60 to 53), Spain (59 to 31), Sweden (69 to 45), and United Kingdom (61 to 50).

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

To the actual topic....

You're repeating yourself.  We've already been through this when you changed references.  As I said then:

I see you found a new reference. I noticed that you tend to do that every time I point out that what you referenced is either untrue or agrees with what I said that you called untrue.  In this case, your new reference falls in the latter category.  As I said, the reason why our "image" is declining is that Trump is stopping Obama's practice of supporting other countries' economies to the detriment of ours.  I used trade and the Paris Climate Accord as examples.  You disagreed, but your last reference agreed and now that I've pointed that out you suddenly have a new reference.  Unfortunately, your new reference says the same thing.  It clearly states:

"Opposition to the U.S. withdrawing from climate and trade agreements is especially strong in the European nations polled."

Two suggestions:

1.  If you search long enough and hard enough you'll probably find some far left rag that agrees with you so keep looking, but

2.  Read the articles before you post them as a reference.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

To the actual topic....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I don't know about you @ManicProgressive but I have never seen a poster speak for so many others as this one does.  Just saying.....

So which is it?  Do you agree that it's okay for me to speaslk for you or do you choose to be a ...?

Just saying....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

I don't know about you @ManicProgressive but I have never seen a poster speak for so many others as this one does.  Just saying.....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

So I guess you don’t apologize to anyone in your life because it means you are weak? If that’s the case, I bet your relationships are just awesome. 

Apologies actually take strength, character, and dignity. At least if you do it right.

Which is obviously why trump is incapable of apologizing to any one; he has neither of those three characteristics.

To everyone on the board, please accept my apologies for all the erroneous statements centrist makes.

Hopefully that will help you understand that Obama was wrong to apologize for the American people when they didn't believe they had done anything to apologize for (other than sending money to every other country to help them, of course).  And hopefully that will help you understand that there is no need for Trump or anyone else to apologize just because someone else believes they did something to apologize for.

Of course, on the other hand, maybe you disagree with that which means you agree that it is okay for me to apologize for you.  Of course, you could always decide you want it both ways which would make you a hypocrite.

Oh, @Centristsin2010 gave you agency and authority to speak on his behalf by electing you president of him? Good to know. Otherwise, analogy fail. 

Obviously you want to defend your "bird of a feather" and that's fine but try a better case.  Personally I believe in my version of the golden rule.  Therefore, if ANYBODY believes they or anyone else has the right to speak for me that gives me the right to speak for them. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Oh, @Centristsin2010 gave you agency and authority to speak on his behalf by electing you president of him? Good to know. Otherwise, analogy fail. 

It appears the TROLLS are concerned about the former President when the topic is clearly about the disrespect trumps sows across the globe toward him and the U.S.

America Slips in the Eyes of the World

The mood on the international conference call at the beginning of this month was somber as Ian Bremmer, president of the political risk consulting firm Eurasia Group, prepared to list off top global dangers in the coming year. Bremmer began with a show-stopping line:

"If we had to pick one year for a big unexpected crisis — the geopolitical equivalent of the 2008 financial meltdown — it feels like 2018." The reasons are many, Bremmer cited, but the most prominent causes for global insecurity stem from U.S. President Donald Trump's move away from global leadership, and China's eagerness to fill the perceived vacuum.

Bremmer isn't alone. Donald Trump pledged to "Make America Great Again." The world thinks he is doing the opposite.

The United States slips in this year's U.S. News Best Countries ranking, dropping to the No. 8 spot after falling one position from its 2017 ranking. Switzerland, an island of stable prosperity in a world of turmoil, remains the Best Country, according to a global survey of more than 21,000 persons.

The reasons for America's drop – the second straight year its ranking dipped – are fueled by the world's perceptions of the country becoming less progressive and trustworthy, more politically unstable and a president who after just a year in office is far more unpopular than any other head of state or company CEO.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Go Caps, GO!!!

I would tell Alex Ovechkin to act like he's been there before, but then again, he hasn't.

ENJOY!!!

Your guide to the Capitals’ victory parade

ASHINGTON — It’s not every day that a city gets to celebrate a championship.

With the Capitals winning the first Stanley Cup in franchise history, D.C. will be celebrating in a big way with a parade through downtown, then a rally on the National Mall on Tuesday, June 12.

As with any big parade, there will be a slew of street closures and parking restrictions. Here’s what you need to know before the parade kicks off.

Where and when is the parade?

The parade will kick off at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, June 12, starting at Constitution Avenue and 23rd Street Northwest near the Washington Monument then proceeding along Constitution Avenue to Seventh Street Northwest, where it will culminate in a rally on the National Mall.

You can see a map of the parade route below:

Your guide to the Capitals’ victory parade

Image result for troll radar

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.