Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: GAY CRHSITIAN DRIVING THE EVANGELITS NUTS.c

Message 41 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, you think - but who are you thinking it about specifically. The first topic only mentioned Graham but then only mentioned a biblical interpretation issue - hardly "driving nuts".

Still maintaining that the Right Wing Christians are all cozy with a gay presidential candidate?  As you wish. Glad to hear all those homophobic tweets and statements were not REALLY homophobic.

It does seem that Right Wing Conservatives and especially the more rabid Christian element are having a tough time responding to  Buttigieg.  He is solid in his faith and lives it.  The Christians, especially, are having a real problem showing how Buttigieg is an abomination against man is backed up by the Bible. Especially when they are willing to let Trump's history slide. There are a couple of verses in the Bible which mention homosexuality but Trump broke the big commandment(s) so it really makes the Religious Right look hypocritical. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

No diverting just trying to deal with the issue. When you think about it - two topics on the same point and still no one seems to know who was driven nuts nor can provide any example of such "nut going".

If "us" does know, possibly "us" could answer the question and the conversation can go on from there.

As I pointed out at least once before in this thread, I really recommend that you get out to a Starbucks or some other place with people and talk to them. The one's who carry Bibles on the dashboard are having seizure over a religious homosexual.  It is actually great fun to watch but I would not expect them to post here just so you can see it.  Get out more, enjoy life.  Find out what Trump and friends are really doing the the country.  you'll like it. 

It's hard for a person to get out of the house when posting replies to most posts that other posters make.

Any thoughts on the topic?

Do you?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 72

rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

No diverting just trying to deal with the issue. When you think about it - two topics on the same point and still no one seems to know who was driven nuts nor can provide any example of such "nut going".

If "us" does know, possibly "us" could answer the question and the conversation can go on from there.

As I pointed out at least once before in this thread, I really recommend that you get out to a Starbucks or some other place with people and talk to them. The one's who carry Bibles on the dashboard are having seizure over a religious homosexual.  It is actually great fun to watch but I would not expect them to post here just so you can see it.  Get out more, enjoy life.  Find out what Trump and friends are really doing the the country.  you'll like it. 

"Here's what I thing (sic), you go look t (sic) find the proof" is a silly game occasionally here. But, "go to Starbucks" is an interesting new variation on the theme.   The topic has nothing to do with those who are driven nuts, one needs to understand what the term means...others just don't bother to understand:

driven nuts - 

drive someone nuts - to make someone very annoyed; All these phone calls are driving me nuts."

Drive Someone Nuts

The old adage is shown to be true again, that "when you got nothing, pretend something else is an issue."

Pete Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

The only Democrat talking at length about his faith in the 2020 primary also happens to be the only gay candidate in the race. And he's one of the few from a red state.

South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg is an Episcopalian who can freely quote Bible verses. He's also a presidential candidate who embraces his husband on stage at campaign rallies.

Combining homosexuality and Christianity might be the most natural thing in the world for Buttigieg and millions of gay Americans, but it is an iconoclastic development in American politics, where generalizations about religious freedom have in recent years been used specifically to fight advances in LGBTQ rights.

For some on the religious right, like Franklin Graham, Buttigieg's identity, while it's shared by many gay Americans of faith, does not compute.

Now, is there anything you disagree with in the short video at the link? Do YOU think God has a political party? In your opinion, who is more Christian? Buttigiuge or trump?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 72

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I read it and saw no case of anyone being driven  nuts by Mayor Pete. Do you have any specific examples? After all that is (sorta) the topic,

Mayor Pete?  I don't think I even mentioned his name. Frankly I don't think that this individual has anything to do with what the Evangelists are going thru these days. Again, is ALL THE OTHER RELIGIONS THAT ARE DRIVING THE EVANGELIST NUTS. perhaps  now is clearer what the topic says not what any post wants to deliver. if  comprehension is a problem, then guess I cannot help that

The (your) topic says nothing about "OTHER RELIGIONS".

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 72

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It's hard for a person to get out of the house when posting replies to most posts that other posters make.

So are you in the category that the topic says is being driven nuts? If not, then why do you really care? 

Yes, I think that many far right fundamentalists are in somewhat of a tizzy over a gay man running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Yes, you think - but who are you thinking it about specifically. The first topic only mentioned Graham but then only mentioned a biblical interpretation issue - hardly "driving nuts".

Honored Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

I read it and saw no case of anyone being driven  nuts by Mayor Pete. Do you have any specific examples? After all that is (sorta) the topic,

Mayor Pete?  I don't think I even mentioned his name. Frankly I don't think that this individual has anything to do with what the Evangelists are going thru these days. Again, is ALL THE OTHER RELIGIONS THAT ARE DRIVING THE EVANGELIST NUTS. perhaps  now is clearer what the topic says not what any post wants to deliver. if  comprehension is a problem, then guess I cannot help that

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 72

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So are you in the category that the topic says is being driven nuts? If not, then why do you really care? 

Yes, I think that many far right fundamentalists are in somewhat of a tizzy over a gay man running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 72

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 72

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"Here's what I thing, you go look t find the proof" is a silly game occasionally here. But, "go to Starbucks" is an interesting new variation on the theme.

Do you have specific examples of those seizures among specific Evangelists or whatever you want to call them.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 72

I think the Religious Right are so cute when they ask for proof that they are being driven nuts.  Then, I like to just direct them to their history in posts here.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors