Honored Social Butterfly

Friday Funny

A Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, Texas, at around 3 a.m. local time Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

Lesson from TX:     Know your foe when going into a gun fight    🙂

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

OK, this one is political, but I won't bother with the back story, you'll have to read the article:

Headline:  

Alex Salmond: Trump is ‘a complete and utter nincompoop’    

But the metaphor is epic.

‘The Grand Canyon is a minor crevice compared to the vast chasm of ignorance’ that is Trump, says ex-SNP leader.

http://www.politico.eu/article/alex-salmond-trump-is-a-complete-and-utter-nincompoop/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

I guess this settles the issue of politico as a reliable source.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

RK--You are correct!  After reading the article, I would also say that Politico can no longer be considered a reliable source.  It can now be considered AN EXTREMELY RELIABLE SOURCE!!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

I guess this settles the issue of politico as a reliable source.

Well - for right wingers, trump supporters and other various and assorted slightly "irregular" members of the political spectrum, that's probably true...

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png