Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Franken refuses to admit he dated underage girls

Message 1 of 10

Does anyone here think behavior AFTER having been caught out about something, no matter how trivial or egregious, is a real indication of a person's real character?  I do. 

Doesn't excuse or condone any of what has gone before, you see, it does indicate what you can rationally expect going forward.

Evidence is evidence.  Until proven in a court of law it doesn't rise to the level of fact and, perhaps, criminal behavior.  Keep in mind, though, in the accuser's mind, that evidence was factual enough to cause them to put themselves 'in harms way' in order to get what they thought was justice. 

That has weight.  That weight will show up on that blind lady's scales should it comes to that.  In the meantime, you alone are prosecutor, judge and jury.  Do a good job.  Fair is fair.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Absolute truth about Y and mall.  Moore says it’s a conspiracy put forth by Dems. Lame, lame, lame!! Did people who kicked him out of the mall so many years ago know he would run for the Senate?? First accuser is a Republican.

Yet, in light of obvious evidence that goes back decades with regard to Moore’s propensity to go after young children-this animal still denies what anyone who has any critical thinking skills already knows. 

Didn’t hear any denials on Franken’s part. Did hear he took lots of pics with lots of people and doesn’t remember the incident. Unlike Moore—and trump—he came forward with regard to first accuser, apologized and said he welcomed an ethics committee investigation.

I am willing to sit back and see what else surfaces.  Personally, don’t give a flying gig if a predator is a Dem, Repub. or what have you—the time has come for a reckoning all around.  That includes Moore, trump, Hollywood types, newscasters, and, if need be, Franken.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Probably because he never did. Roy Moore, however, got kicked out of the mall for being creepy. 

Please provide the factual story showing the charge you levy. Key word "Factual". Talk an stories are cheap and easy to come by. Now factual talk and stories...that's another matter.

Number of people who worked at the mall have been on TV telling us that. Stop watching FOX.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Probably because he never did. Roy Moore, however, got kicked out of the mall for being creepy. 

Newt Gingrich told Republicans to LIE, and when caught, LIE AGAIN. Seems it's now GOPer dogma.

Franken no doubt dated underage girls when he was a 14-year-old boy in jr high, but gave it up when he entered 9th grade because it was just creepy. Moore on the other hand, decided he liked 7th grade girls in the 8th grade, and kept chasing them well into his 30's.

A former mall worker Greg Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ "  That is the sort of conversation one will remember all their life, just like the stalking Moore did has "stuck" with his teen age victims.

Then there's the lady who had 30+ year old Moore hitting on her when she was 14 and her 18 year old friend who Moore also harassed, starting when he stalked them at the mall.

But Republicans elected and still support a pervert POTUS, so they'll probably elect Moore UNLESS enough decent people show up to vote otherwise.

I know how loony some Right Wingers can be and more especially donald supporters, but ................. it's still hard for me to believe that anyone here would try to defend Moore in any way.

Believe it. they watch Fox, who went to court to defend their right to lie about a chemical being put into the food chain that produced cancer in humans AND WON, and they also listen to Breighbart that has made a cottage industry out of lying. Republicans still think Sadam was responsible for 9/11, "open housing" laws caused the 2008 realestate meltdown and women love to get grabbed by Der Trumper. they'll come out in droves to vote for Moore solely because "he's one of them". Tribalism, thy name is GOPer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Newt Gingrich told Republicans to LIE, and when caught, LIE AGAIN. Seems it's now GOPer dogma.

Franken no doubt dated underage girls when he was a 14-year-old boy in jr high, but gave it up when he entered 9th grade because it was just creepy. Moore on the other hand, decided he liked 7th grade girls in the 8th grade, and kept chasing them well into his 30's.

A former mall worker Greg Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ "  That is the sort of conversation one will remember all their life, just like the stalking Moore did has "stuck" with his teen age victims.

Then there's the lady who had 30+ year old Moore hitting on her when she was 14 and her 18 year old friend who Moore also harassed, starting when he stalked them at the mall.

But Republicans elected and still support a pervert POTUS, so they'll probably elect Moore UNLESS enough decent people show up to vote otherwise.

I know how loony some Right Wingers can be and more especially donald supporters, but ................. it's still hard for me to believe that anyone here would try to defend Moore in any way.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@Richva wrote:

Then there's the lady who had 30+ year old Moore hitting on her when she was 14 and her 18 year old friend who Moore also harrassed, starting when he stalked them at the mall.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Please provide the factual story showing the charge you levy. Key word "Factual". Talk an stories are cheap and easy to come by. Now factual talk and stories...that's another matter.

Google is your friend

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@Richva wrote:

He was also banned from the YMCA.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Franken refuses to admit he dated underage girls

Message 10 of 10

Kudos
Views
Replies