Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fox News sued for conspiracy story on slain DNC staffer Rich

Message 101 of 109
Paleezzzzzzz stop, its all going to be ok, just stop!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fox News Sued for Faux Conspiracy Story

Message 102 of 109
I will wait until all the facts come out as you should.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 109

@donnaw574413wrote:
I know all about this story here Being a Fox Lover, I'm sure you do.  you are talking about and what you are saying is not true  What has been posted that is "not true"?  They are getting sued.  Is that "not true"?  That's the topic.  For the sake of an actual discussion, please be specific as it is not over yet Of course not.....and no one suggested it was.  as there is more to this then you know Really?  Like what?  and is all going to come out, Do you think Fox will claim they are not in the news business, but the "entertainment business" to weasel out of this lawsuit as well?  you are getting your information from all the fake news stations, Again, broad statements are useless......and that's all you use.  Why is that?  What information do you think is "FAKE NEWS"?  wait till it all comes out.  Untill what comes out?  Are you claiming Hillary had him killed?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 109

The American Nazi Party was sued into bankruptcy because of a lie they told about the Holocaust. the NRAGOP encouraged the growth of replacements, but it was still a great victory for decency.

I think its time Fox and the rest of the Republican Propaganda Machine gets sued every time they lie about innocent people. This needs to become a priority for Progressives - take from the neoFascists the one thing they value above all others - MONEY.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 109
I know all about this story here you are talking about and what you are saying is not true as it is not over yet as there is more to this then you know and is all going to come out, you are getting your information from all the fake news stations, wait till it all comes out.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 109

@BigLibwrote:

And if I was the guy who owns that pizza place that the dude with an AR-15 came and shot up, because he believed the right wing fake news about the joint being a front for a child sex ring and he was gonna make himself the hero, I'd file suit, too.

I hope Rich's family sues them all into bankruptcy. These idiotic radical right wing cranks are costing people their lives.

I agree, BigLib.  I think they should sue Hannity specifically as well.  He was told to stand down on his rhetoric AND he was told he was working with FAKE NEWS, yet he continued for his own selfish and mean-spirited purposes. He would do anything possible to attack Hillary.  He's a loathsome individual.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 109

And if I was the guy who owns that pizza place that the dude with an AR-15 came and shot up, because he believed the right wing fake news about the joint being a front for a child sex ring and he was gonna make himself the hero, I'd file suit, too.

I hope Rich's family sues them all into bankruptcy. These idiotic radical right wing cranks are costing people their lives.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 109
sadly, some of our posters here showed their intelligence by following Hannity's lead. It is in a way representative of all of their posts.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fox News Sued for Faux Conspiracy Story

Message 109 of 109

Fox News sued for conspiracy story on slain DNC staffer Rich

(WJLA/CNN) - The family of slain 27-year-old Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich is suing Fox News.

In the lawsuit filed Tuesday, the family said Fox News contacted them under false pretenses to support a story it published tying Rich's unsolved murder to a false conspiracy theory that he was killed because he gave DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

The suit also names Fox News reporter Malia Zimmerman and Texas businessman Ed Butowsky and said they worked together to develop a "sham" story about Rich's death.

Rich's family is seeking compensation for "mental anguish and emotional distress, emotional pain and suffering, and any other physical and mental injuries."

Rich was shot in the back as he was headed home one night in Washington, DC, in July 2016. His killing has not been solved.

The story connecting the conspiracy to his death stayed on Fox News' website for several days and was talked about on the air.

Fox said when it finally retracted the story that it would carry out an investigation into its reporting but no updates or comments about the story have been announced.

Neither a Fox News spokesperson nor Zimmerman immediately responded to a request for comment.

Butowsky told CNN on Tuesday night that the lawsuit didn't make sense to him.  (LOL.  Slander is illegal, Dude.)

Fox News sued for conspiracy story on slain DNC staffer Rich

If Fox had any journalistic credibility, or ethics (it has neither), they would have fired Hannity for perpetuating these lies, even after he was told they were lies.  Fox News.....The REAL Fake NEWS!!!!

@donnaw574413  Donna, you're welcome to join this discussion if you'd like, but please be aware of the TOS

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs