Honored Social Butterfly

Fox News Sued for Faux Conspiracy Story

Fox News sued for conspiracy story on slain DNC staffer Rich

(WJLA/CNN) - The family of slain 27-year-old Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich is suing Fox News.

In the lawsuit filed Tuesday, the family said Fox News contacted them under false pretenses to support a story it published tying Rich's unsolved murder to a false conspiracy theory that he was killed because he gave DNC emails to WikiLeaks.

The suit also names Fox News reporter Malia Zimmerman and Texas businessman Ed Butowsky and said they worked together to develop a "sham" story about Rich's death.

Rich's family is seeking compensation for "mental anguish and emotional distress, emotional pain and suffering, and any other physical and mental injuries."

Rich was shot in the back as he was headed home one night in Washington, DC, in July 2016. His killing has not been solved.

The story connecting the conspiracy to his death stayed on Fox News' website for several days and was talked about on the air.

Fox said when it finally retracted the story that it would carry out an investigation into its reporting but no updates or comments about the story have been announced.

Neither a Fox News spokesperson nor Zimmerman immediately responded to a request for comment.

Butowsky told CNN on Tuesday night that the lawsuit didn't make sense to him.  (LOL.  Slander is illegal, Dude.)

Fox News sued for conspiracy story on slain DNC staffer Rich

If Fox had any journalistic credibility, or ethics (it has neither), they would have fired Hannity for perpetuating these lies, even after he was told they were lies.  Fox News.....The REAL Fake NEWS!!!!

@donnaw574413  Donna, you're welcome to join this discussion if you'd like, but please be aware of the TOS

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Rich - Perhaps but if they get sued every time they pull this kind of premeditated mistake, the publicity will start to catch up to them.

The “premeditated” time-line documentation of facts in the Rich's Complaint clearly show how, why and who collaborated to create this “conspiracy”and the personal damages done to them by the conspirators.

Last August, Rod Wheeler, the private eye involved in Seth Rich's story sued fox for a number of reasons while denying his culpability in the discredited story.

Lawsuit Alleges Fox News Fabricated Quotes in Seth Rich Story

In the complaint, Wheeler alleges “Fox News was working with the Trump administration to disseminate fake news in order to distract the public from Russia’s alleged attempts to influence our Country’s presidential election,” according to his attorney, Douglas Wigdor.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/rod-wheeler-fox-news-seth-rich-sean-hannity-1202512081/

Wheeler's 7 month old lawsuit remains in limbo and now he and the same cast of characters are seen in Seth's parents lawsuit. dt's knowledge, participation and approval of the 'story' is exposed all over again in this 2nd lawsuit against fox for their conspiraring and for their colluding with the president to use this family as cover for their own corruption of denialability.  There was no mistake, they intended to benefit from their efforts.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied that the White House had influence over the story. “The President had no knowledge of the story,” she said at a Tuesday briefing.

LOL! I would imagine Hannity documents every late night phone call he and dt share with each other.  It may be MuellerTime someday for several of the foxes as he continues dealing with all things dt.

Regular Contributor

Oh I think Hillary, Obama, Comey, Schiff, and the rest will be investigated way before Trump, no collusion with Russia, None, what else do they have now or have made up as it just keeps going on and on as they can't let go of the crushing election to them.
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
Oh I think Hillary, Obama, Comey, Schiff, and the rest will be investigated way before Trump, no collusion with Russia, None, what else do they have now or have made up as it just keeps going on and on as they can't let go of the crushing election to them.

Does Fox report that Mueller has issued multiple indictments and every American Citizen he has indicted was affiliated with the Trump campaign?  The investigation may never get all the way to Trump, we will have to wait and see, but it is not looking favorable.

What does Fox tell you these others should be investigated for?  Why would you investigate Schiff?  For actually doing a major function of his job?  In my opinion, the one who needs to be removed from office is Nunes for not realizing that he actually works for the American people and is supposed to be part of checks and balances.  Instead, he has acted like a stooge for the White House.

Regular Contributor

Schiff is a liar and on everyday lying about everything, such an evil guy, Nunes is great and doing a great job, closing in on the corruption, why don't you like that, we need the swamp cleaned out, Dems and Rep alike.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
Schiff is a liar and on everyday lying about everything, such an evil guy, Nunes is great and doing a great job, closing in on the corruption, why don't you like that, we need the swamp cleaned out, Dems and Rep alike.

The post above is a clear illustration of the dangers of propaganda televison.  Many loose the ability to think and reason objectively.  I'm reminded of the effect and impact Joseph Goebbels had on common Germans.

@donnaw574413wrote:

Nunes function is to be part of the checks and balances.  Instead we have the head of a supposed "investigation" running to the people he is "investigating", getting memos from them and passing them out as his facts.  Whose "feet did he hold to the fire" during their testimony.  This man does not have a clue what his function is.  We should not have a White House stooge be in charge of a White House investigation.  If he did a complete investigation and found no evidence, that would be one thing, but this looks like the ridiculous investigation it is.

Honored Social Butterfly

Cent's link:  Fox said when it finally retracted the story that it would carry out an investigation into its reporting but no updates or comments about the story have been announced.

They have to be calculating how much it would cost to make this suit go away (if that is even possible) because there is no defense they could present to a jury for what they have done to this family.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/03/seth-rich-parents-lawsuit-fox-news/

Read the complaint:

@oceanedge2wrote:

Cent's link:  Fox said when it finally retracted the story that it would carry out an investigation into its reporting but no updates or comments about the story have been announced.

They have to be calculating how much it would cost to make this suit go away (if that is even possible) because there is no defense they could present to a jury for what they have done to this family.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/03/seth-rich-parents-lawsuit-fox-news/

Read the complaint:

Oceanedge2,

If they get to a jury trial, they would probably win.  But, unfortunately, the first step is a judge allowing this to go to trial which is where their legal arguments vs our laws are weak.

Regular Contributor

I know all about this story here you are talking about and what you are saying is not true as it is not over yet as there is more to this then you know and is all going to come out, you are getting your information from all the fake news stations, wait till it all comes out.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
I know all about this story here Being a Fox Lover, I'm sure you do.  you are talking about and what you are saying is not true  What has been posted that is "not true"?  They are getting sued.  Is that "not true"?  That's the topic.  For the sake of an actual discussion, please be specific as it is not over yet Of course not.....and no one suggested it was.  as there is more to this then you know Really?  Like what?  and is all going to come out, Do you think Fox will claim they are not in the news business, but the "entertainment business" to weasel out of this lawsuit as well?  you are getting your information from all the fake news stations, Again, broad statements are useless......and that's all you use.  Why is that?  What information do you think is "FAKE NEWS"?  wait till it all comes out.  Untill what comes out?  Are you claiming Hillary had him killed?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

FOXNews has been spewing lies and conspiracy theories since its advent.

For one to think that this is untrue just shows the ignorance of those who listen to its ridiculousness on a daily basis. It also further allows us to understand how an idiot, liar, moron like trump and some of  the moronic Republican representatives we now see in the Senate and the Congress got elected.

It is about time someone took action against this toxic propaganda site. I hope they sue the mouthpieces for this entertainment site as well. 

Now, if we could sue the liar in chief every time he lies,  we could eliminate the national debt, house  all the homeless, have funding for all those who suffer from mental illness, fund Planned Parenthood, and still have money left over to save our environment before idiots like trump and company totally destroy it beyond repair. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Regular Contributor

You are a very hateful person, you need to find the Lord as any person that can talk like you do is very far from the Lord. Glad I am not you, think about it. This is very hateful talk MAGA!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
You are a very hateful person, you need to find the Lord as any person that can talk like you do is very far from the Lord. Glad I am not you, think about it. This is very hateful talk MAGA!!

Yep - Make America Gay Again.

It has been conclusively determined that whether one is going to be gay, straight, or bisexual is determined in utero - before birth.

For those who insist upon ascribing everything to their deity - it's necessary to realize that it has always been God's choice whether a person is gay, straight or bisexual.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpackerwrote:

For those who insist upon ascribing everything to their deity - it's necessary to realize that it has always been God's choice whether a person is gay, straight or bisexual.

Then why the admonitions in both the Old and New Testament against such behavior?  Additionally when did you become an authority on what was God's choice? If it was His choice then why did it say in the Bible that He created mankind as male and female? 

You are saying what your opinion is and not speaking for God.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say that it was His choice.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The only thing he says about the homosexuals is that they are an abomination to God, I would be scared if I was a homosexual, sorry, I believe the Bible, like I said I know many and are nice people but I believe what the Bible says.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
The only thing he says about the homosexuals is that they are an abomination to God, I would be scared if I was a homosexual, sorry, I believe the Bible, like I said I know many and are nice people but I believe what the Bible says.

from 2000 to 2008 there was a gal that wrote letters to the editor weekly on how great Bush was and God Bless Bush. Word got around that she was just doing a parody of the far right. thatnks for the laugh.

So it begins.
Regular Contributor

God created Man and Woman that is it. What happened from there was the result of sin from what Adam and Eve did. When they sinned it has passed on thru all our generations, which many of us have had to deal with. His creation of Man and Woman was perfect, then there was sin, thats it!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
God created Man and Woman that is it. What happened from there was the result of sin from what Adam and Eve did. When they sinned it has passed on thru all our generations, which many of us have had to deal with. His creation of Man and Woman was perfect, then there was sin, thats it!

Who are these people who are more powerful than God?

Regular Contributor

There is no one more powerful than God, know this, not me or anyone of us. It says that in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. That's the Bible and that's it.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413- Your posts about religion are off topic.

Metaphysical (religious) considerations will be inadmissable in Court during the hearing of the suit against Faux - and will not be permitted to be cited in jury deliberations.

44>dolt45
Regular Contributor

If they have the Lord on their side they don't have to worry , he put Trump in the White House and he can do anything. Why do you think that was such a crushing election, it was actually unbelievable that he won as she had it all on her side, none of us could believe what happened. Amazing!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
If they have the Lord on their side they don't have to worry , he put Trump in the White House and he can do anything. Why do you think that was such a crushing election, it was actually unbelievable that he won as she had it all on her side, none of us could believe what happened. Amazing!!

Don’t blame God for the stupidity of those who selected Trump unless you really think God hates this country.

0 Kudos

@donnaw574413wrote:

So, if a pedophile has the Lord on his side, everything is OK?  The reason Trump won was because he secured a small base using hatred and bigotry.  After securing this base, he relatively few people to flip in order to be elected.  I do not know if Trump is a racist or not, but I do know that he played to them.

Regular Contributor

Butterfly thanks for your wisdom, it is so factual, you are judging Roy Moore and you don't know, we all don't know, he knows and the Lord would not be on his side, maybe that is why he lost, who are we to judge. I chose Trump when he was coming down the elevated that day to announce he was running so where are getting this nonsense as so many people have said the same thing as me as we were sick of both sides and he was an outsider, did you see any of the other 16 he went against win, no, Trump the outsider, I would think you and everyone would feel the same way, he really didn't want to be labeled a Republican or Democrat but had to choose the Rep.. He was as sick of Washington as all of us. He did not need this job and had a wonderful life but he was sick of it all and became President and a great one at that.
0 Kudos

@donnaw574413wrote:
Butterfly thanks for your wisdom, it is so factual, you are judging Roy Moore and you don't know, we all don't know, he knows and the Lord would not be on his side, maybe that is why he lost, who are we to judge.

I am not your "Butterfly" and your holier than thou posts will not work on me. 

From your answer I will assume that means you would have voted for Moore.  You do realize that is the ultimate in hypocrisy for the Christian right?

Regular Contributor

I didn't have to decide that as he was not in my state, so I don't know at this point, maybe I would have and maybe I wouldn't of. I also never said you were my Butterfly as your not, trust me, just was referring to you. I don't care how you take my posts as that is between you and God not me.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@donnaw574413wrote:
I didn't have to decide that as he was not in my state, so I don't know at this point, maybe I would have and maybe I wouldn't of. I also never said you were my Butterfly as your not, trust me, just was referring to you. I don't care how you take my posts as that is between you and God not me.

You are responsible for what you post.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.

@donnaw574413wrote:
Butterfly thanks for your wisdom, it is so factual, you are judging Roy Moore and you don't know, we all don't know, he knows and the Lord would not be on his side, maybe that is why he lost, who are we to judge. I chose Trump when he was coming down the elevated that day to announce he was running so where are getting this nonsense as so many people have said the same thing as me as we were sick of both sides and he was an outsider, did you see any of the other 16 he went against win, no, Trump the outsider, I would think you and everyone would feel the same way, he really didn't want to be labeled a Republican or Democrat but had to choose the Rep.. He was as sick of Washington as all of us. He did not need this job and had a wonderful life but he was sick of it all and became President and a great one at that.

He won by hate, divisiveness and schoolyard bullying tactics.  I didn't vote for him because of his "maturity", his multiple failures, his total lack of experience and his unwillingness to be open about his businesses.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362wrote:

@donnaw574413wrote:

He won by hate, divisiveness and schoolyard bullying tactics.  I didn't vote for him because of his "maturity", his multiple failures, his total lack of experience and his unwillingness to be open about his businesses.

A thoughtful and open-minded Republican!!!  I KNEW you were "out there".  Thanks you for your thoughtful and intelligent contributions to this forum.  It's a much better forum with you posting here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png