Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fox News Sued for Faux Conspiracy Story

Message 11 of 109

@donnaw574413wrote:
Trump is doing an excellent job of governing in my opinion as he is a strong leader, says what he wants to say in stead of this political correctness which has gotten out of hand and leads in front then behind which was 8 years of that. He is doing something about keeping illegals out of our country from hurting us that are bad, getting rid of the bad ones that are here which is great. Back to Fox News being sued, there are flaws everywhere and people do things a lot of times out of hatred which I believe is the case here. I believe in Hannity as he is a good man and heard of a lot of great things about him, never anything bad, so I feel if this story is false, Hannity would never have put it out there as that is how he believes and you look into him and you will not find anything that he has done wrong as he prides himself in telling the truth, that is why Obama hated him so much as all Obama did was lie to the American people all the time and Hannity would call him out every time and he hated that, so he would keep telling everyone they shouldn't watch Fox News but meant really Hannity. This will come ok for him I am sure of it.

The content of the above post is off-topic hogwash.

"sound and fury, signifying nothing"

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 109
Trump is doing an excellent job of governing in my opinion as he is a strong leader, says what he wants to say in stead of this political correctness which has gotten out of hand and leads in front then behind which was 8 years of that. He is doing something about keeping illegals out of our country from hurting us that are bad, getting rid of the bad ones that are here which is great. Back to Fox News being sued, there are flaws everywhere and people do things a lot of times out of hatred which I believe is the case here. I believe in Hannity as he is a good man and heard of a lot of great things about him, never anything bad, so I feel if this story is false, Hannity would never have put it out there as that is how he believes and you look into him and you will not find anything that he has done wrong as he prides himself in telling the truth, that is why Obama hated him so much as all Obama did was lie to the American people all the time and Hannity would call him out every time and he hated that, so he would keep telling everyone they shouldn't watch Fox News but meant really Hannity. This will come ok for him I am sure of it.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 109

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 109

Whose turn is it to tuck the Russian trolls in bed for the night? They must be exhausted after spending the day taking this thread off-topic.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 109

@Richvawrote:

@sp362wrote:
There is a difference in looking at the past and trying to predict the future, although the future will give you an indication of how effective, or ineffective policies will be, but nothing is really carved in stone.  The Smoot-Hawley Act in the opinion of many, was a bad idea to put forth at the start of a recession.  There is also a school out there that will blame policy mistakes with the money supply as the final straw that pushed the US over the edge.  I think Capitalism is a good system, but there are issues with it that need to be controlled.  I do think Trump's tariffs on raw materials is an incredibly bad idea.  What is also worrisome is having Kudlow as the Director of the National Economic Council since Kudlow was one of the Economists who kept insisting the crash was not coming and continued to deny how bad the economy was getting.  From what you wrote do you think I agree with Trump's Supply Side Economics plan, because I do not.

AND, the accepted definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Another example of the past not being a predictor of the future?  We may have discovered why Trump cannot govern then. 

Supply side has never worked in the past and I am not holding my breath that it will work now or in the future.  However, there MAY be a set of circumstances that it would work in.  I would hope that a President would have advisers on both sides of an issue so it can be properly presented, but that's not happening with Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 109

@sp362wrote:
There is a difference in looking at the past and trying to predict the future, although the future will give you an indication of how effective, or ineffective policies will be, but nothing is really carved in stone.  The Smoot-Hawley Act in the opinion of many, was a bad idea to put forth at the start of a recession.  There is also a school out there that will blame policy mistakes with the money supply as the final straw that pushed the US over the edge.  I think Capitalism is a good system, but there are issues with it that need to be controlled.  I do think Trump's tariffs on raw materials is an incredibly bad idea.  What is also worrisome is having Kudlow as the Director of the National Economic Council since Kudlow was one of the Economists who kept insisting the crash was not coming and continued to deny how bad the economy was getting.  From what you wrote do you think I agree with Trump's Supply Side Economics plan, because I do not.

AND, the accepted definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Another example of the past not being a predictor of the future?  We may have discovered why Trump cannot govern then. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 109

@Richvawrote:

@sp362wrote:

If you want to debate economics I will be happy to in another thread.  I will give you a hint about economics, it is a social science, not an exact one.  That means that any economist who tells you that if you do A it will result in B is lying to you.  The best an economist can say is I think that if we do A, B will happen.

So, what did they do wrong with the Smoot-Hawley act then?  Just bad luck adding tariffs deepened the depression?  How about Capitalism?  Economists seem to think that is a pretty good system. Would you like to disagree with that? You know, those same Economists are saying Trump's tariffs are a bad, bad, bad idea. So is the rest of the world  AND Trump's economic team for that matter. Didn't they resign after this set of policy by Tweets?

But hey, let's go with the guy who makes up facts when speaking to the Canadian Prime minister and is functionally illiterate. After all, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 109

@sp362wrote:

If you want to debate economics I will be happy to in another thread.  I will give you a hint about economics, it is a social science, not an exact one.  That means that any economist who tells you that if you do A it will result in B is lying to you.  The best an economist can say is I think that if we do A, B will happen.

So, what did they do wrong with the Smoot-Hawley act then?  Just bad luck adding tariffs deepened the depression?  How about Capitalism?  Economists seem to think that is a pretty good system. Would you like to disagree with that? You know, those same Economists are saying Trump's tariffs are a bad, bad, bad idea. So is the rest of the world  AND Trump's economic team for that matter. Didn't they resign after this set of policy by Tweets?

But hey, let's go with the guy who makes up facts when speaking to the Canadian Prime minister and is functionally illiterate. After all, even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 109

@donnaw574413wrote:
I didn't have to decide that as he was not in my state, so I don't know at this point, maybe I would have and maybe I wouldn't of. I also never said you were my Butterfly as your not, trust me, just was referring to you. I don't care how you take my posts as that is between you and God not me.

You are responsible for what you post.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 109

@donnaw574413wrote:
So its ok that Clinton raped a woman and you support that, as that is while he was President, Who did he rape? Do you actually believe that nonsense or do you post it to 'bait' other poster?Hillary kept having to cover for all the woman he abused in office. He was a rapist and an abuser of woman. And exactly how do you know that, were you there? Or do you post that to bait other posters too? Weiner was special also! There are many more and still coming out. I never liked Clinton as was another bad President, so who would want thatl rapist/abuser in the White House again with Hillary Pres. None of us!! "None of us", really?  You do know that Hillary got 3 million more votes than trump did, don;t you? Or is your entire purpose just to bait other posters?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs