Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
191
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

191 Views
Message 51 of 120

media.jpg

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
191
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
200
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

200 Views
Message 52 of 120

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

All this nonsense about Fox just cracks me up.  Liberals hate Fox because they're one of the most UNBIASED networks in existence.  Liberals prefer all the fake news they get from other networks.  Not only has Fox been PROVEN to be one of the most unbiased networks in study after study, their viewers have been proven to be more unbiased than those of all but a couple other networks.  AND BEFORE YOU LIBERALS START WITH ALL THE USUAL SPIN, INNUENDO, HALF-TRUTHS, LIES, AND NAME CALLING ABOUT FOX, SHOW US FACTS WITH REFERENCES TO BACK IT UP.  Here are some from the University of Michigan (and there have been numerous other studies, e.g. PEW and UCLA):

 

https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=637508&p=4462444

 

Pew_mediapolarization_ideologicalplacementsourceaudience.png


Your link says exactly the opposite.  Instead, Fox News is considered right leaning at best.  It is not the most objective news source out there.  Much of this data is based on surveys of the audience.   *Note that this report measures the political leanings of the audience rather than the source itself.

 

Instead, BBC, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today are listed as centrist news sources. 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
200
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
204
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

204 Views
Message 53 of 120

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That’s even worse than I had thought.

 

“Fox News’s audience, at least through 2018, reportedly has been almost all white and barely picks up minority viewers from around the country. The revelation comes as the network deals with blowback from recent comments made by host Laura Ingraham on the nation’s changing racial demographics.

Over the last eight months, Fox’s viewership has been 94 percent white with Hispanics serving as the next-highest racial demographic to watch at three percent, according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.“

 

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-white-audience-immigration-1067807


If you read your own link, you will discover that the "poll numbers" are made up by someone from CNN.

 

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.

 

How does he know that? First of all, most people don't answer their phone unless they can see the caller id and know who they are talking to. That's also why your Democrat poll figures showed Hillary as the clear winner!


Prove CNN made up the numbers. I don't see any statement by Nielsen refuting CNN's characterization of their data, which is not a poll done by phone, by the way.   Otherwise, you are just lying. 


YOU prove CNN isn't lying which is the typical MO of this lefty station. Nielson is only a small sample of the overall population. How many boxes did Nielson rate? 20?30? Even a poll would tell you more about the viewing habits yet you don't even have that.


Asking about Nielson's methodology and sample size is a legimate question.   Accusing CNN of lying is not.  That's a conspiracy theory mentality and has no place in debate.  


I am NOT asking about Neilson's methodology at all. You mentioned that that was the way that CNN got their story. I told you that both Neilson and CNN are a trash way to predict results. If you want to prove that Fox News viewers are 94% white (which they may be), you'll have to dig deeper for proof.


What's the difference between "methodology" and "trash way to predict results?"    Sounds the same to me.   

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
204
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
196
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

196 Views
Message 54 of 120

@KidBoy2 wrote:

TemperMental67's post....

@KidBoy2wrote:
Fox News Audience is 94% White

That shows that the minority do not want to watch FOX because they have been told not by the left wing media where they get their news...this proves that.

Thanks for posting that link...it says a lot.

==================================================================
So you think all minorities are swayed by left wing media? That they somehow lack the ability to reason and to do as they please?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes and Yes.

Again...Fox News Audience is 94% White

That shows that the minority do not want to watch FOX because they have been told not by the left wing media where they get their news...this proves that.

I see so many posters that think FOX is not a reliable source for news and then they say they do not watch FOX. Very telling.

Wow.  Well, that's racist.   

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
196
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
179
Views

Fox News Audience is 94% White

179 Views
Message 55 of 120

I'm LOL. Intelligent people understand Fox is a pathetic joke. They use the Joseph Goebbels technqiue to manipulate the minds of their low IQ viewers. You see evidence of that  in this forum. Fox viewers have no idea what it means to do research, question, and/or challenge what Fox tells them. 

 

Ralph Peters, a strategic analyst for Fox News and a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, issued a scathing email to colleagues that was sharply critical of the network’s rhetoric and support for President Donald Trump.

“Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.”
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
179
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

153 Views
Message 56 of 120
rker posted..

Kidboy, if you say that minorities do not watch Fox, what is the reason that it happens? what is it that Fox represents that minorities do not have confidence in what they may report?

==================================================



Again...Fox News Audience is 94% White ... that is what the link is about it's not what I posted.

That shows that the minority do not want to watch FOX because they have been told not by the left wing media where they get their news...this proves that.

Most minorities are Democrats and they listen to the people they voted for which bash FOX ...so it is not hard why they do not watch FOX.

BTW FOX has a news segment (Shepard Smith and others) and they have talk programs like Hannity.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

166 Views
Message 57 of 120

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm sorry Grayson, portraying me as being part of or following the liberal elite, just isn't going to get it. Anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence understands that Fox is a propaganda newtwork. Comrade Trump refers to"us" and "we" when Trump references Fox. I've never seen a U.S. President identify with a specific TV network.

 

It's unfortunate that so many Trump lovers wouldn't know propaganda if it smacked them in the face. But if Joseph Goebbels were stlll alive, the Nazi Propaganda Minister would be very proud of the fact that Fox uses his very successful techniques. But it works because Fox viewers don't have the intellect to question or challenge what Fox tells them. 

 

Maybe he should read the comments of the Fox commentator who resigned earlier this year because he was sick of the propaganda?


Do you have any FACTS?  Do you know what a FACT is?  You know FACTS like the ones in the studies from PEW, UCLA and the University of Mich that say you are WRONG? 

 

Pew_mediapolarization_ideologicalplacementsourceaudience.png

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
166
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
162
Views

Fox News Audience is 94% White

162 Views
Message 58 of 120

Ralph Peters, a strategic analyst for Fox News and a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, issued a scathing email to colleagues that was sharply critical of the network’s rhetoric and support for President Donald Trump.

“Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.”
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
162
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
161
Views

Fox News Audience is 94% White

161 Views
Message 59 of 120

I'm sorry Grayson, portraying me as being part of or following the liberal elite, just isn't going to get it. Anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence understands that Fox is a propaganda newtwork. Comrade Trump refers to"us" and "we" when Trump references Fox. I've never seen a U.S. President identify with a specific TV network.

 

It's unfortunate that so many Trump lovers wouldn't know propaganda if it smacked them in the face. But if Joseph Goebbels were stlll alive, the Nazi Propaganda Minister would be very proud of the fact that Fox uses his very successful techniques. But it works because Fox viewers don't have the intellect to question or challenge what Fox tells them. 

 

Maybe he should read the comments of the Fox commentator who resigned earlier this year because he was sick of the propaganda?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
161
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
160
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

160 Views
Message 60 of 120

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Comrade Trump

So you are a follower of Trump?  But what does Trump have to do with this topic. Its about FOX News, not Trump.  Is it that you have to make your quota of mentioning his name?

 

You continue to bring him into the topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
160
Views