Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

Message 101 of 120

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Again, I don't see any refutation of this characterization of data by Nielsen.   

Yes, your wife's nationality is American.  Her ethnicity is Vietnamese/Asian.   What does she mark on the Census?   She's not saying she's white, is she? 

The Census is for federal demographic purposes and not necessarily about a person's nationality.  And as far as what we mark for any of our answers, that is by federal law private.  We could have marked Eskimo if we wanted.  I was with the 2000 census, and we actually had all sort of answers to those questions.

I believe that it is ours to say what our ethnicity is, and who are you to be telling me of what her ethnicity is.  In any event, technically you are completely wrong because even the Vietnamese is made up of various ethnic groups depending upon the region of their ancestry.  Bottom line is that she is American.

And "white" is not among the ethnic groups.  Are you white or a Caucasian? 

I’m white. Caucasian is a racist term etymologically equivalent to Negroid and Mongoloid. 

https://youtu.be/GKB8hXYod2w

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Fox News Audience is 94% White

Message 102 of 120

Many of the posts in this thread are absurd. Think about it for a moment, (which eliminates Trump Lovers immediately), do we really need a Neilson survey to know almost all Fox viewers are white? I'm surprised it wasn't closer to 99%.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Because I’m not the one claiming they are false. Nielsen is a generally accepted source of TV viewership data. And it’s in their best interest to maintain trust. So if they have a problem with what CNN is reporting, they will say something.

You posted them, therefore they are yours.  Now you are crawfishing?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yes, your wife's nationality is American.  Her ethnicity is Vietnamese/Asian.   What does she mark on the Census?   She's not saying she's white, is she? 

The Census is for federal demographic purposes and not necessarily about a person's nationality.  And as far as what we mark for any of our answers, that is by federal law private.  We could have marked Eskimo if we wanted.  I was with the 2000 census, and we actually had all sort of answers to those questions.

I believe that it is ours to say what our ethnicity is, and who are you to be telling me of what her ethnicity is.  In any event, technically you are completely wrong because even the Vietnamese is made up of various ethnic groups depending upon the region of their ancestry.  Bottom line is that she is American.

And "white" is not among the ethnic groups.  Are you white or a Caucasian? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 120

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Prove CNN made up the numbers. I don't see any statement by Nielsen refuting CNN's characterization of their data, which is not a poll done by phone, by the way.   Otherwise, you are just lying. 

Why don't you prove the numbers are accurate?

Because I’m not the one claiming they are false. Nielsen is a generally accepted source of TV viewership data. And it’s in their best interest to maintain trust. So if they have a problem with what CNN is reporting, they will say something.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Prove CNN made up the numbers. I don't see any statement by Nielsen refuting CNN's characterization of their data, which is not a poll done by phone, by the way.   Otherwise, you are just lying. 

Why don't you prove the numbers are accurate?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 120

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Nobody is judging people by skin color, here.  Just because Fox News' viewership is 94% white does not mean all white people are watching Fox. 

I am, however,  judging Fox News by its slanted demographic.  

That demographic was reported by a competitor which makes it suspect.

I agree with Rker.  There is too much emphasis on race and nationality.  When someone asks my wife what her nationality is, her reply is American.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 120

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That’s even worse than I had thought.

“Fox News’s audience, at least through 2018, reportedly has been almost all white and barely picks up minority viewers from around the country. The revelation comes as the network deals with blowback from recent comments made by host Laura Ingraham on the nation’s changing racial demographics.

Over the last eight months, Fox’s viewership has been 94 percent white with Hispanics serving as the next-highest racial demographic to watch at three percent, according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.“

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-white-audience-immigration-1067807

If you read your own link, you will discover that the "poll numbers" are made up by someone from CNN.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.

How does he know that? First of all, most people don't answer their phone unless they can see the caller id and know who they are talking to. That's also why your Democrat poll figures showed Hillary as the clear winner!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 120

@rker321 wrote:

I will bring back a subject that many in this message board simply don't agree. racism in the Us is in the DNA of the population. and in reality I don't see any signs of any of this ever stopping no matter how many Black Presidents we ever have.

First of all , someone better stop with this hyphenation of people  if you are born in this country you are an American, not an African American or Hispanic American or German American or Jewish American/

When this country realizes that the nationality or race of an individual has nothing to do in being American then an only then real equality will begin.

As a Cuban I  hate to bring this up. but Cubans in their majority are Caucasians. and we have also people of the black race and people's of mixed races. but we are all Cubans, and never refer to any of us by whatever race we happen to belong to. 
I have seen now that many people in Miami actually beginning to call other Cubans depending on their race African Cubans, and that is something that they have learned in the US not indigenous in our culture.
The ignorance to actually confuse the issue of Hispanics as a race is astronomical.   People of Spanish descent  at least in Spain are Caucasian, and if they immigrated to Latin American then they may have married and become mixed with the indian population or any other race that exists in their country. But to simply lump a Hispanic into a group that by its own nature reflects a difference and a lower class of people that is very offensive. I can and always be a Cuban bur also my race is Caucasian. and it is time that people here starts by understanding that nationality and race are two different things.

I agree 100% and that is why we have such problems. All citizens of the U.S. are Americans and not African American, Cuban American, Euro Americans - just plain American. When we all agree to this, we will live in much more harmony than we do today, with each separate group ONLY associating with their "kind".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That’s even worse than I had thought.

“Fox News’s audience, at least through 2018, reportedly has been almost all white and barely picks up minority viewers from around the country. The revelation comes as the network deals with blowback from recent comments made by host Laura Ingraham on the nation’s changing racial demographics.

Over the last eight months, Fox’s viewership has been 94 percent white with Hispanics serving as the next-highest racial demographic to watch at three percent, according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.“

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-white-audience-immigration-1067807

So why does this matter?  (you said "its worse than I thought")

Why did you feel the need to inject skin color?

There are some on this forum that view that as "racist".

For Example:

I once posted an article about crime in Chicago that included a picture.  The picture was of a young man in handcuffs and I was called racist.  The man in the picture had black skin.

You folks on the left really need to educate yourselves and understand this is 2018.  There is only one race of people on our planet... The HUMAN RACE.  I find your constant need to separate people by skin color very 1950 ish.

Also, If you are a citizen of the United States of America, you are an American.  Act like it!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views