From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fox News Audience is 94% White

Message 111 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Nobody is judging people by skin color, here.  Just because Fox News' viewership is 94% white does not mean all white people are watching Fox. 

I am, however,  judging Fox News by its slanted demographic.  

That demographic was reported by a competitor which makes it suspect.

I agree with Rker.  There is too much emphasis on race and nationality.  When someone asks my wife what her nationality is, her reply is American.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That’s even worse than I had thought.

“Fox News’s audience, at least through 2018, reportedly has been almost all white and barely picks up minority viewers from around the country. The revelation comes as the network deals with blowback from recent comments made by host Laura Ingraham on the nation’s changing racial demographics.

Over the last eight months, Fox’s viewership has been 94 percent white with Hispanics serving as the next-highest racial demographic to watch at three percent, according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.“

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-white-audience-immigration-1067807

If you read your own link, you will discover that the "poll numbers" are made up by someone from CNN.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.

How does he know that? First of all, most people don't answer their phone unless they can see the caller id and know who they are talking to. That's also why your Democrat poll figures showed Hillary as the clear winner!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 120

@Soosie wrote:
Why do we judge by the color of one's skin????? Isn't that racist?????

Nobody is judging people by skin color, here.  Just because Fox News' viewership is 94% white does not mean all white people are watching Fox. 

I am, however,  judging Fox News by its slanted demographic.  

Doesn't make you curious as to why?  To me, it just opened up a bunch of questions and I went searching further.   For example, the median "age" of cable TV news viewers is in the 60s.  That's really skewed, too.  So then I went searching out different demographics, like age, party affiliation, medium (radio, TV, online, paper, broadcast/cable, etc.), and watched demographic patterns play out.  

Ideally, all media outlets should be a close reflection of our demographics.   If they aren't, why not?  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 120

I will bring back a subject that many in this message board simply don't agree. racism in the Us is in the DNA of the population. and in reality I don't see any signs of any of this ever stopping no matter how many Black Presidents we ever have.

First of all , someone better stop with this hyphenation of people  if you are born in this country you are an American, not an African American or Hispanic American or German American or Jewish American/

When this country realizes that the nationality or race of an individual has nothing to do in being American then an only then real equality will begin.

As a Cuban I  hate to bring this up. but Cubans in their majority are Caucasians. and we have also people of the black race and people's of mixed races. but we are all Cubans, and never refer to any of us by whatever race we happen to belong to. 
I have seen now that many people in Miami actually beginning to call other Cubans depending on their race African Cubans, and that is something that they have learned in the US not indigenous in our culture.
The ignorance to actually confuse the issue of Hispanics as a race is astronomical.   People of Spanish descent  at least in Spain are Caucasian, and if they immigrated to Latin American then they may have married and become mixed with the indian population or any other race that exists in their country. But to simply lump a Hispanic into a group that by its own nature reflects a difference and a lower class of people that is very offensive. I can and always be a Cuban bur also my race is Caucasian. and it is time that people here starts by understanding that nationality and race are two different things.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

“Composition of the Fox News audience, 2018-to-date, total day: 94% White, 3% Hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% Black,” said CNN’s Brian Stelter.“

Would this report coming from CNN, a rival of FOX have anything to do with this?  I would think so.  Who commissioned the survey by Nielsen? 

Remember CNN and FOX are competitors.  Personally I don't care for either one.  They are both biased and present slanted news.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 120

@Soosie wrote:

I saw NO JUDGEMENT on the part of the original poster, @ManicProgressive. They merely provided facts.

But an almost ALL WHITE audience isn't FOX's only demographic problem.

An earlier study by Neilson had determined that over 50% of the viewers of FOX are OLDER than 68 years of age. That certainly doesn't translate into long term viewership.

https://qz.com/738346/fox-newss-biggest-problem-isnt-the-ailes-ouster-its-that-its-average-viewer-is...

It seems that FOX viewers also tend to be less informed about current events as a Fairleigh Dickinson survey had determined some time ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/07/21/a-rigorous-scientific-look-into-the-fox-news-effect/#7...

Facts like these are just facts, @Soosie..... it's not a racist thing, an age discrimination thing, or an intelligence thing.

But they all spell problems for FOX in the LONG RUN.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 120

Soosie:  Why do we judge by the color of one's skin????? Isn't that racist????? 

No it's not racist to simply point out a fact.

1. a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racist

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 120
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 120

@ManicProgressive wrote:

“Fox News’s audience, at least through 2018, reportedly has been almost all white and barely picks up minority viewers from around the country. The revelation comes as the network deals with blowback from recent comments made by host Laura Ingraham on the nation’s changing racial demographics.

Over the last eight months, Fox’s viewership has been 94 percent white with Hispanics serving as the next-highest racial demographic to watch at three percent, according to a CNN report citing data from Nielsen.

The vast majority of faithful long term Fox news viewers remain white - highly conservative - dumber than the average bear - and conscientiously dedicated to remaining that way.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fox News Audience is 94% White

Message 120 of 120

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors