Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
152
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

152 Views
Message 31 of 80

@CriticalThinking wrote:

If you're a loyal member of Trump's Cult, you say or do anything to defend your leader and hero. That means calling legitimate newspapers and TV news stations, "the rest are anti-Trump Propaganda Machines"

Only to the degree that Fox is "A Destructive  Propaganda Machine".

 

If you're an intelligent person and want accurate, reporting of news, you go to those stations because they are real news networks with ethical standards. Of course ethical standards don't exist in Trump World. His minions love and support a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Mika quote, " “I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he’s is trying to undermine the media, trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that, while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that is our job.”


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
152
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
160
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

160 Views
Message 32 of 80

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

A perfect example of the point - Fox acts as a political balance for the left wing broadcasters and you find that problematic. In other words, the only news and opinion that the people should hear is that which you agree with - how fascist is that??


Fox broadcasting lies and half truthes is not a "political balance". Facts are facts, most major networks broadcast facts. Fox broadcasts lies and opinions. Believing facts is somehow considered as Fascist by you, why is that?


All you say about Fox could be said about their competition - except, of course for the silly meme "Fascist". The point (for those able and willing to read the English language) was not "believing facts" it was getting rid of Fox as being Fascist.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
160
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
163
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

163 Views
Message 33 of 80

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Conservatives, on the other hand, are all about free markets and free people.  Except when it's Amazon and the right to kneel during the anthem.

 

A perfect example of the point - Fox acts as a political balance for the left wing broadcasters and you find that problematic. In other words, the only news and opinion that the people should hear is that which you agree with - how fascist is that??  Your argument is once again flawed.  You claimed someone said something and argued against it.  But as usual, no one made the claim.  A typical straw argument from the strawman.


How else can one interpret the desire to silence Fox? No straw in that


There's always a straw when you distort what another posted.  No one suggested "silencing" Fox.  You just make it up as you go and then attack your dishonesty.  It speaks volumes about those who can't just address what is said and must make-up their own version.  It's fraudulent.


O.K. not necessarily silence Fox just either convert them to one more outlet for the "Party line" or silence them.

 

The "volumes" are spoken when the continued attacks of a "never Trumper" can result in a topic here with weight given to his remarks because of his relationship with Fox.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
163
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
160
Views

Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

160 Views
Message 34 of 80

If you're a loyal member of Trump's Cult, you say or do anything to defend your leader and hero. That means calling legitimate newspapers and TV news stations, "the rest are anti-Trump Propaganda Machines"

 

If you're an intelligent person and want accurate, reporting of news, you go to those stations because they are real news networks with ethical standards. Of course ethical standards don't exist in Trump World or on Fox. His minions love and support a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
160
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
129
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

129 Views
Message 35 of 80

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO!  I don't recall any Fox viewers EVER question his objectivity until he blasted Fox.  As he objectively said, "I don't do propaganda for anyone".

 

Though we do know political bigots aren't "objective".


Do you really expect to have a separate topic to evaluate each and every person who makes reports on Fox? How about the same for MSNBC, CNN, and the networks. Then we can have one for every op/ed contributor to the Wash Post, NYT, etc.

 

Would you say anyone not involved in such an exercise is a "political bigot"?


How about every time an announcer on ABC, CBS, or NBC is caught in a lie - - - - you post about it?


How is that related to the topic?


In other words you cannot reference to lies that ABC, NBC, CBS have told, yet one can reference to lies daily that Fox broadcasts.


In other words, how is that related to the topic?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
129
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
122
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

122 Views
Message 36 of 80

@CriticalThinking wrote:

As usual, RK has it completely wrong. Maybe he should try reading more carefully?

 

Nobody's objecting to a news station which focuses upon issues those on the right feel are more compelling. That would be healthy for America. 

 

The problem with Fox, it is not a news program, it's the Donald Trump Propaganda Machine. Just like the pathological liar in the White House, Fox promulgates one lie after another in their desperate attempt to supprt Trump at any cost. They have no respect for the truth.


And the rest are anti-Trump Propaganda Machines. Again - not good but balanced.

 

And, once again, "RK has it completely wrong" earns a kudo. There is a message in that.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
122
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
100
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

100 Views
Message 37 of 80

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Fox has become "destructive propaganda machine"

 

FOX always was a "destructive propaganda machine" .

 

But for who, and what?

 

Who is running the machine and to what purpose?

 


How does an entity become "destructive" by providing a needed balance?


Broadcasting endless lies and half truths is not a "needed balance".


Agreed. While your statement is overboard, sadly, Fox is needed to balance the bias of the others.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
100
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
97
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

97 Views
Message 38 of 80

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO!  I don't recall any Fox viewers EVER question his objectivity until he blasted Fox.  As he objectively said, "I don't do propaganda for anyone".

 

Though we do know political bigots aren't "objective".


Do you really expect to have a separate topic to evaluate each and every person who makes reports on Fox? How about the same for MSNBC, CNN, and the networks. Then we can have one for every op/ed contributor to the Wash Post, NYT, etc.

 

Would you say anyone not involved in such an exercise is a "political bigot"?


How about every time an announcer on ABC, CBS, or NBC is caught in a lie - - - - you post about it?


How is that related to the topic?


In other words you cannot reference to lies that ABC, NBC, CBS have told, yet one can reference to lies daily that Fox broadcasts.


No, I am saying, "How does that relate to the topic?".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
97
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
84
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

84 Views
Message 39 of 80

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I think we are in agreement. The vast majority of Americans recognize the bias represented by both sides and understand the need for balance which Fox provides.  We agree there is a need for balance, but balance doesn't include propaganda.  IMO, there's need for "balance" and there is nothing wrong with leaning right or left. BUT there should be, IMO, significant fines and or license requirements that prohibit intentional misleading or lying to the viewing audience.  Save the propaganda for state tv in Russia.  Yeah, I know that'll never happen, but lying to ignorant people is immoral and should be treated as such. If a bunch of "news" outlets provide one perspective and Fox provides the other - it isn't ideal but it does offer the needed balance

 

It is only the radical few who would like to silence Fox so that only the "Party line" is broadcast as news.  Which is state tv and is what the Military Analyst said that Fox is doing today. That is irrational - alternate sources are offered so people have choices. if they opt for the views of the right or the views of the left there is no "State" control. 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
84
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
84
Views

Re: Fox - A "Destructive Propaganda Machine"

84 Views
Message 40 of 80

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK has it all wrong, no surprise there.


Now there is a deep and insightful piece of discussion. And to think - it got kudoed. Seems like it's all totally personal to some.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
84
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors