From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
603
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

603 Views
Message 11 of 25

@TxGrandpa2wrote:


At the time we didn't have a sufficient Army to even fight anyone.  

 

There was none of that reasonable cause until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. 

 

 

Additionally the United States was still only accepting refugees on a limited basis since we were considered a neutral country. 


Once again, you massage history.

 

We didn't go to war earlier not because we were unprepared.... we could have prepared if necessary.

 

We didn't go to war because 94% of Americans didn't want to go to war; listening to Anti-Semite Charles Lindbergh and his AMERICA FIRST group.

 

The days after December 7th were no different than the days before...... except now the population had a reason to prepare and fight.

 

As to the refugees, the U.S. knew it was sending people back to their deaths; it was one of the most shameful things our government ever did. Again, the AMERICA FIRST movement was involved.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
603
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
583
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

583 Views
Message 12 of 25

@nctarheelwrote:


Of course, that's after we stayed out of the war almost long enough for Hitler to have conquered England......... and possibly realizing his dream of world dominance.

 



At the time we didn't have a sufficient Army to even fight anyone.  No weapons, recruits were training with wood sticks, the draft was just being implemented, etc.  Any Army we sent to Europe would have been annihilated.  Besides the country didn't have a reasonable reason to declare war on Germany.

 

There was none of that reasonable cause until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.  They were in an alliance with Germany which then declared war on us.  Reasonable cause.

 

But we were sending supplies and equipment to England and had been.  Without those supplies England might have lost what is called the Battle of Britain.

 

Additionally the United States was still only accepting refugees on a limited basis since we were considered a neutral country.  And the country was following a fine line to avoid being involved in what was a European War.   Of course you are inserting your bias into your post.  

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
583
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
583
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

583 Views
Message 13 of 25

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

 

America was great back when we thought and believed we were great.  We pulled together, accomplished great things and won a war on both sides of the world.


Of course, that's after we stayed out of the war almost long enough for Hitler to have conquered England......... and possibly realizing his dream of world dominance.

 

Of course, that's after we refused to accept JEWS from Europe as refugees and returned them to their deaths because people listened to those like Charles Lindbergh.

 

We may have won the war.... but we weren't as great as you try to make it sound.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
583
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
585
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

585 Views
Message 14 of 25

@MIsekerwrote:


Dont forget the same Uncle Sugar takes care of you too.

 


I worked for what I get from Uncle Sugar, in fact had a contract that if I would go where he has wars, to places around the globe he wants me to go, and to give up birthdays, kids growing up;  time with family, then he would pay me a good retirement.  Fair enough?

 

No comparison.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
585
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
581
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

581 Views
Message 15 of 25

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Why work when Uncle Sugar will provide for all your wants

 

Most of the poor are very young, very old, or disabled.

 

So saying stuff like that is just ignorant, stupid, or mean.


Not necessarily.  It is making a blanket statement that most of the poor are very young, very old or disabled that is as you say.  Call it whatever you want, but can you back your statement up?  Where is your facts and figures? 

 

 


Dont forget the same Uncle Sugar takes care of you too.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
581
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
562
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

562 Views
Message 16 of 25

@gruffstuffwrote:

Why work when Uncle Sugar will provide for all your wants

 

Most of the poor are very young, very old, or disabled.

 

So saying stuff like that is just ignorant, stupid, or mean.


Not necessarily.  It is making a blanket statement that most of the poor are very young, very old or disabled that is as you say.  Call it whatever you want, but can you back your statement up?  Where is your facts and figures? 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
562
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
6
Kudos
562
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

562 Views
Message 17 of 25

Why work when Uncle Sugar will provide for all your wants

 

Most of the poor are very young, very old, or disabled.

 

So saying stuff like that is just ignorant, stupid, or mean.

Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
562
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
556
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

556 Views
Message 18 of 25

@gruffstuffwrote:

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

 


Why work when Uncle Sugar will provide for all your wants

 

Which party is wanting to do this from cradle to grave? 

 

Does anyone remember when the country had a work ethic that made the country great?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
556
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
558
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

558 Views
Message 19 of 25

C'mon, folks, aren't you getting tired of having to choose between two sides of the same coin?

 

I flat out don't buy the two sides of the same coin argument. That is just a false equivalence. 

 

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, insured deposits,  voting rights act, women's sufferance, unemployment insurance, 40 hour work week, overtime pay, the Civil Rights act, Head Start, school lunches, the GI bill, the Peace Corps, I could go on but I won't

 

All ancient history right?

 

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

 

Now look which party is trying to roll a lot of that back.

 

We have two major parties in this country, and it's not the Democrats.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
558
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
567
Views

Re: Forget Great - Make America Good Again

567 Views
Message 20 of 25

If you see moral principals eroding in this country don;'t blame it all on the politicians blame it on ourselves also after all we are a nation of The People.

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
567
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors