Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Ford workers ask to stop making police cars amid brutality protests

Message 1 of 16

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 

I stand by my opinion.  For even a fraction of employees trying to tell a corporation how to run their business is ridiculous.  

Bye

Actually, it's far from being "ridiculous". In fact, in Germany companies let union member sit on their boards, giving their input into business decisions.  Many large and small businesses in America do the soame. This gives employees a vested interest in the company and results in better quality and production.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 16

@KidBoy2 wrote:

This is a good example of how our country has lost its ability to be objective.

Actually, a portion of the electorate "lost it's ability to be objective" when they voted for tRump.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 16

@KidBoy2 wrote:
From the NY Post...

Ford employees are prodding the company to stop making cop cars amid a nationwide uprising against police brutality.

Ford staffers made the demand in a letter to Chief Executive Jim Hackett and Executive Chairman Bill Ford that was recently circulated at the company’s Dearborn, Mich., headquarters, according to news reports.

“Throughout our history, the vehicles that Ford employees design and build have been used as accessories to police brutality and oppression"

==============================================================

That shows how asinine some will go to promote their attack on our police.

It's also asinine that major news outlets picked up on this.

My thought is the workers should be proud that they are making police vehicles that are used to protect all of us, even the workers that want FORD to stop making police vehicles.

Why is it big news that about 100 Ford employees think Ford should stop making police vehicles?

We have a thread on this really important subject that will effect the USA for the next 100 years, it might even destroy the country.

Here is another thought on the subject. It is a set up subject by Trump. There are more than 100 Trumpers working for Ford. Trumps is having a bad time killing people with the virus, ending the rule of law by pardoning one of his lackies for not squealing on him, having his commercials proved false, ok the Russian bounty program on American Troops, forcing the Lt. Col. who told the truth on him for impeachment to retire, not giving the NAVY Capt his ship Command back as a Navy board said should happen, having Trump tower getting tourist again to see the new art work on the street.

Well to counter all this he creates a big important story (Silly story to educated people) like Ford destroys police Depts. by not making new police cars. He has his Ford employees present a petition to do that and says it is from Black Livers Matter. Just a little lie for Trump. Campaign leaders think it is great and enablers think every word is true, and off they go.

Well here we are on a Sat night with the biggest story of the week per Trump enablers. Have fun all, or better yet post how stupid the people are who thought this up, and say Down with Trump.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 16
From the NY Post...

Ford employees are prodding the company to stop making cop cars amid a nationwide uprising against police brutality.

Ford staffers made the demand in a letter to Chief Executive Jim Hackett and Executive Chairman Bill Ford that was recently circulated at the company’s Dearborn, Mich., headquarters, according to news reports.

“Throughout our history, the vehicles that Ford employees design and build have been used as accessories to police brutality and oppression"

==============================================================

That shows how asinine some will go to promote their attack on our police.

It's also asinine that major news outlets picked up on this.

My thought is the workers should be proud that they are making police vehicles that are used to protect all of us, even the workers that want FORD to stop making police vehicles.
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 16

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

"I stand by my opinion.  For even a fraction of employees trying to tell a corporation how to run their business is ridiculous.  

Bye"

Except that what you wrote ("it is an indication of the lengths all of these protests are going")is trying to change it into some form of a social protest.  There are employees in every company of any size who are "trying to (or suggesting or requesting) how the business is run, that is a fact of life.  I will stand by my position that this is a non-story that is being blown out of proportion.

BTW, employees making suggestions to a company on how to run their business is what keeps a business relevant and productive.  Just because most suggestions, will never see the light of day, does not mean you want suggestions to stop.  That will simply stall your business and will be one of the causes of the eventual demise of it.  The worst run businesses are those that insist that innovation comes from the top down instead of the bottom up. 

Bye.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 16

@sp362 

I stand by my opinion.  For even a fraction of employees trying to tell a corporation how to run their business is ridiculous.  

Bye

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 16

I'm curious.....how can a big fan of Fox News anyone's objectivity? Kinda funny.

One could ask YOU the same question substituting CNN for Fox News!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 16

KidBoy2:   This is a good example of how our country has lost its ability to be objective.

I'm curious.....how can a big fan of Fox News question anyone's objectivity? Kinda funny.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 16

TxGrandpa2,

I think you are reading too much into this. Since I am sure you could find 100 people in a company the size of Ford to sign a petition requesting to change the color of the sky from blue to green, this looks to me more like a reporter looking to create a story than anything of actual significance.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 16

@sp362 wrote:TxGrandpa2 wrote:

So what is fake about this news?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33276986/ford-police-vehicles-controversy/ 

It is not fake news, but wouldn't you classify it as either a fake conclusion or blowing something out of proportion?

There are 190,000 employees at Ford.  A petition from 100 of them is insignificant.

Could be taken anyway.  But it is an indication of the lengths all of these protests are going.  They are beginning to sound more and more like George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' every day.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors