You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Safe Driving course! Use code BELLS to save 25 percent now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: For Those With Their White Guilt

Message 11 of 145

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Recommended reading:

"Referring to the defensive moves that white people make when challenged racially, white fragility is characterized by emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and by behaviors including argumentation and silence. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium and prevent any meaningful cross-racial dialogue."

This forum would make for an excellent case-study...

Excellent post, ManicPro.....I'm willing to bet nary a Conservative posting here will read the book....

Nope, doubt that hardly any Conservatives would read it and perhaps a minority of others would. It's an interesting and informative read.

Where did you acquire your copy of, "Color of Law and the New Jim Crow"??

Anyone truly believing that I was referring to "Color of Law and the new Jim Crow" has very compromised reading comprehension skills, like many trump supporters.

One of the books is The Color of Law.  The other book is The New Jim Crow.  I hope this helps you. Have you read either? If you haven't it kind of proves my point.

The initial post had it as all one title and you praised "it". So, have you read both??

You didn't answer my question but expect me to answer yours. Some things never change. Actually I have read both but I was referring to The Color of Law.  Have you read either one?

I have read neither and wonder why someone would chose them to read out of the blue. I did read the offered excerpts and saw the direction. And, as previously posted, anything involving Cornel West can be no more than hate filled, racist trash.

Wow, there's someone who is obviously tolerant of a differing opinion in typical Conservative style.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"You will know them by their fruits"

Yes, I'm sure many are aware.  How can we miss?  It's difficult to miss, indeed.

Never surrender, never give up?  So much for civil discussion.  Just following the lead of the Christians..... Been to Rose Hill lately? Yes, just two weeks ago.  Looking for another vacation?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 145

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Recommended reading:

"Referring to the defensive moves that white people make when challenged racially, white fragility is characterized by emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and by behaviors including argumentation and silence. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium and prevent any meaningful cross-racial dialogue."

This forum would make for an excellent case-study...

Excellent post, ManicPro.....I'm willing to bet nary a Conservative posting here will read the book....

Nope, doubt that hardly any Conservatives would read it and perhaps a minority of others would. It's an interesting and informative read.

Where did you acquire your copy of, "Color of Law and the New Jim Crow"??

Anyone truly believing that I was referring to "Color of Law and the new Jim Crow" has very compromised reading comprehension skills, like many trump supporters.

One of the books is The Color of Law.  The other book is The New Jim Crow.  I hope this helps you. Have you read either? If you haven't it kind of proves my point.

The initial post had it as all one title and you praised "it". So, have you read both??

You didn't answer my question but expect me to answer yours. Some things never change. Actually I have read both but I was referring to The Color of Law.  Have you read either one?

I have read neither and wonder why someone would chose them to read out of the blue. I did read the offered excerpts and saw the direction. And, as previously posted, anything involving Cornel West can be no more than hate filled, racist trash.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure many are aware.  How can we miss?  It's difficult to miss, indeed.

Never surrender, never give up?  So much for civil discussion.  Been to Rose Hill lately?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Good Day. Bless your heart.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure many are aware.  How can we miss?  Good Day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

They refuse to answer simple questions like what Christian Values were demonstrated by this topic?

What does bringing in Christian Values have to do with these topics?  Based on your responses over the last several days, apparently the absence of Christian Values is EVERYTHING.  Could we ask if a person, not mentioning names, has any Christian Values from the tone of his posts?  How many times must you ask?  It's been answered several times, so why ask again?  Yet, you STILL haven't answered the very first question.....where have our Christian Values gone?  What would someone like that know of Christian Values?  Obviously far more than those who avoid answering the question, "Where have are Christian Values gone?  It's not an offensive question..... Why is that continually brought up basically taking threads off-topic?  Actually, this topic reflects the lack of Christian Values...instead of just attack another poster, why not answer the question......

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

They refuse to answer simple questions like what Christian Values were demonstrated by this topic?

What does bringing in Christian Values have to do with these topics?  Could we ask if a person, not mentioning names, has any Christian Values from the tone of his posts?  What would someone like that know of Christian Values?  Why is that continually brought up basically taking threads off-topic?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 145

@BigLib wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

White guilt is a product of liberalism

White pride is a product of conservatism, and they practice it every time they're okay with an ethnic group being mistreated, simply because they belong to an ethnic group.

So true, Big!  White fragility exudes from many of the Conservatives posting here.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Is it civil to attack liberals and say that they "persist in being negative"? 

Is it civil to attack someone because they changed their political opinion?  And continued (sic) to do so ?  Apparently, to some, "civil discussion" is defined as ignoring all questions asked and only asking baiting questions in return.

Kudos
Views