On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: For Those With Their White Guilt

Message 21 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

White guilt is a product of liberalism

White pride is a product of conservatism, and they practice it every time they're okay with an ethnic group being mistreated, simply because they belong to an ethnic group.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 145

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Is it civil to attack liberals and say that they "persist in being negative"?

Is it civil to attack someone because they changed their political opinion?  And continued to do so ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Guilt doesn't have anything to do with it. Decent people refuse to let ANY ethnic group be treated like crap, solely because they are part of an ethnic group. Condoning it is when bigotry creeps in.

Where is the bigotry in my posts?

The intolerance shown towards those who simply ask "where have the Christian Values" gone clearly meets the definition.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There has been several threads here about white guilt.  White guilt is a product of liberalism, practiced along with other forms of guilt by liberals who don't realize that they are being more dogmatic than those they accuse.  

To the contrary ......... the term 'White Guilt' was created by the Right, erroneously accusing liberals and others of having it. Anyone showing compassion or empathy for someone (or a particular group) being discriminated against is wrongly accused by the Right of having white guilt.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Oh, goody....three more questions in 3 sentences and ZERO answered questions.....more of the same from a passive aggressive Christian.....we can tell by the fruit.

Again the negative comments, including bring (sic) religion into the discussion.  That is completely off topic isn't it?  So much for any civil discussion.  Civil discussion includes give and take with questions and answers....with the Christians here, it's always take.  They refuse to answer simple questions like what Christian Values were demonstrated by this topic?  Or the one about cell phone bills and trash and germs? There was no "civil discussion" by any Christian, just attacks, and of course the usual intolerance of those with different opinions.  One has a very perverted view of "civil discussions"  

Have a nice day (sic) Well bless your heart!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote: (in blue text)

No one asked you or anyone else to "feel guilty because of the color of the skin they were born with". "Follow the will of my Father in Heaven"?  Is it His will for us to turn away asylum seekers and those who seek admittance to America to better their lives?

The title of this thread is about 'white guilt', and the comment was about feeling guilty because of the color of one's skin.  Am I supposed to feel guilty because I was born a certain race?  The title of the topic is "For those with their white guilt". I answered your question before. No one has said you should have while guilt, nor does the topic. As far as the refugees, there is a way for them to seek admittance.Yep, and the vast majority of them are within the law.

It is God's will that one obey the law of the land. Then why continually complain about a group of immigrants traveling across Mexico to come to America that are within the law to do so?  Could you explain Romans 13?  "Obey the government, for God is the one who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power.  So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God". You complain about anyone bringing religion or scriptures into this discussion yet here you are doing that.

Why should one have guilt about the color of their skin? I have never brought up White Guilt, so why do you ask me? As a matter of fact, the Right Wing invented that term. You could ask the poster of this topic. Why should I feel guilty about the way other ethic groups are treated? I guess you should only feel guilty if you have treated someone wrong. That is up to you, so why ask me? Shouldn't a person feel positive about themselves? Why ask me that? Why do liberals persist in being negative? I don't know, ask a liberal. Why do so called independents persist in being negative? I note that those here are more interested in controversy than civility. Is it civil to attack liberals and say that they "persist in being negative"?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 145

@BigLib wrote:

Guilt doesn't have anything to do with it. Decent people refuse to let ANY ethnic group be treated like crap, solely because they are part of an ethnic group. Condoning it is when bigotry creeps in.

Where is the bigotry in my posts?  You think I'm not aware of bigotry on the part of people?  It happens not only about ethnic groups, but in other areas of life.  And its not peculiar to this country, but is evident around the world. 

There has been several threads here about white guilt.  White guilt is a product of liberalism, practiced along with other forms of guilt by liberals who don't realize that they are being more dogmatic than those they accuse.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Oh, goody....three more questions in 3 sentences and ZERO answered questions.....more of the same from a passive aggressive Christian.....we can tell by the fruit.

Again the negative comments, including bring religion into the discussion.  That is completely off topic isn't it?  So much for any civil discussion.  And yes posts does say a lot about a person.  

Have a nice day

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Why should I feel guilty about the way other ethic groups are treated?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Hmmmm, who authored this negative attack topic?  🤷‍♀️

Quote from the first post: 

"For those with their white guilt.  I don't believe it is a communicable disease, so it is best you don't try to pass it on to others.  If it is such a problem for you, perhaps your should either deal with it, seek a cure or be quarantined.   I realize seniors tend to talk a lot about their ailments, but sometimes they over-do it."

And who came back with negative comments?  Two successive posts?  Even questioning ones religious beliefs which had no relation to the topic?

And, it's obvious no one questioned anyone's religion.  Those able to read can see the point is "where are the Christian Values?  A question STILL unanswered.....again, we can tell by the fruit.

Kudos
Views