Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: For Those With Their White Guilt

Message 51 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

So we are supposed to feel guilty because of the color of the skin we were born with?

Who said anyone has to feel guilty? I'm white, and I don't feel any. I'm also not snowflakey enough to insist everyone else stop talking about America's racist past, and can also recognize that there is still a great deal of racism in America today, and I'm gonna flap my yaps and call it out for the BS it is each and every time I see it. I'm curious where the bible say it's alright to take advantage of someone because of their skin color. Must be in 45th FlipFloppians.

The "guilt" is a faux word assigned for compassion. Hateful people rarely get it right. Consider the frequency you see posters who use the term "white guilt" actually express ANY compassion for anything.....even 41 or his family.  May he R.I.P.

Well said. And speaking of 41, his funeral is on now, so I'm gonna watch & pay my respects - the last president from the Greatest Generation.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 145

The GOPerLords promote racism as a means to get their useful fools to the polls so they can continue to redistribute all the income and wealth from the Middle to the very top of the 1%.

The Republican base accepts racism because it helps them explain why they are not advancing without blaming their white boss (who is the ONLY reason they fail to advance year to year like their parents and grandparents did).

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 145

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

So we are supposed to feel guilty because of the color of the skin we were born with?

Where does the bible address white guilt and advocate ignoring having white guilt?

Excellent point, AP and is why I asked earlier about Christain values and which caused one Christian to fly off the handle.

Simply put, can the two known Christians posting to this thread explain the Christian Values demonstrated by the initial topic?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 145

@BigLib wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Who said anyone has to feel guilty? I'm white, and I don't feel any. I'm also not snowflakey enough to insist everyone else stop talking about America's racist past, and can also recognize that there is still a great deal of racism in America today, and I'm gonna flap my yaps and call it out for the BS it is each and every time I see it. I'm curious where the bible say it's alright to take advantage of someone because of their skin color. Must be in 45th FlipFloppians.

The "guilt" is a faux word assigned for compassion. Hateful people rarely get it right. Consider the frequency you see posters who use the term "white guilt" actually express ANY compassion for anything.....even 41 or his family.  May he R.I.P.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
please know that all who profess to be Christians are not and those of you who attempt to determine who is and who is not do not have the power to do this. That's God's job and most likely He frowns on those who throw these stones.

Except that's precisely what you just did. God is frowning on your stones.

Someone else speaking for God?  Yep, Tex....you got that right!  Soosie was indeed speaking for God....just as many Christians do.

So we are supposed to feel guilty because of the color of the skin we were born with?  NO!  You should treat all "people", regardless of their skin color, equally.  And maybe a little compassion towards those who are treated differently by racists.  Thanks for asking.....though, I would have thought that would have been a very easy question for any REAL Christian to answer. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 145

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is sick to spend one's life wallowing in guilt over the actions of others.

Then how come right wingers get their panties in such a twist whenever a confederate statue is removed? It's been noted that there aren't statues for the slaves, and the KKK ruined the one for Kunta Kinte in two days (it wasn't even a statue, just a plaque). So who's really doing all the wallowing? Those that applaud defending the practice of slavery need to, and do, have their visual reminders everywhere.

If it's "white guilt" that has no problem discussion America's racist past, then it must be "white pride" that wants to keep it silent.

Great post, as usual BigLib (except that one back in 2012)  Smiley Tongue  Smiley Wink

Not just guilt though, sometimes it's revealed by ones anger, not everyone has the ability to feel guilt....see sociopaths....IMO, many who attack hose who feel "guilt" don't have the capacity to do so themselves...it's a clear diagnostic tool to identify sociopaths.  Worth thinking about in this context.

Look at the anger expressed by those who attacked Kaepernick....we saw a lot of that here.  Would that outrage existed had Kaepernick been white?  Hardly.  He's a hero and has bolstered Nike's revenue significantly since their "Just Do it" campaign featuring him.

Fascists want YOU to conform to what THEY think and are the REAL hypocrite's of Liberty.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 145

@Soosie wrote:
Sure can help you understand the truth. @cent.............I agree with you on this partially. Great!  Some books that have been written are not true of course, and many are fantasy. and as I bet you know, an intelligent person can still take away something from a lessor quality book.  and do not stand the course of time. That's relative....not every book can be a, To Kill a Mockingbird, or Moby Dick.  Nor, are they "truthful"   I do believe the Bible is truth Great, it's why they call it "faith". aand has stood as a guideline for Christians over countless years. Yup, for Christians.  Before you go off on a rant about Christians,blah, blah, blah....you were doing so well until you inserted your venom.... please know that all who profess to be Christians are not Agreed. and those of you who attempt to determine who is and who is not do not have the power to do this. Wrong!  We have the power....last time I checked your guy hasn't revoked the 1st amendment yet....to share our view.  Especially when those who profess they are Christians, don't demonstrate it by their behavior (postings here).  Let me provide you with another example.  I am a Centrist...period.  Though many ignorant (void of the facts) posters claim I am a Liberal.....and the fun fact of the day, two posters have insisted I am a Conservative.  Gee.....the perfect place for a Centrist.....I just laugh at the ignorance.  And guess what?   Wasn't it Matthew 7:16 that said, "you will know them by their fruits"?  I ask YOU, a rhetorical question, what fruits do posters here see of you?  You might be surprised....  You may be the most loving and compassionate Christian in South Carolina, but you don't illustrate it here very effectively.  If you disagree, go back and read the topics you've initiated.  If you think I'm mistaken, please share a link or two to the topic.  That's God's job and most likely He frowns on those who throw these stones. I think SHE would appreciate and embrace those who attempt to steer their sheep in the right direction and away from the cliff.  I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day, Soosie!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 145

@Soosie wrote:
Except that's precisely what you just did. God is frowning on your stones. @BigLib................That's a real stretch, but hey, if it makes you feel good, then it it is a good day.

How is that a stretch? You said not everyone who professes to be a christian is one. You made that determination. You then added that it wasn't up to anyone else to determine who is, yet you just had. So how is that a stretch?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Where does the bible address white guilt and advocate ignoring having white guilt?

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views