Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: For Those With Their White Guilt

Message 121 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump World (his base) is characterized by the term "WHITE VICTIMS". They perceive themselves as long term victims and Comrade Trump is their voice, a politician, who in their eyes, is finally standing up for White People.

When they hear Trump say, Make America Great Again, what they hear is restore white people back to their designated status in America.

Just more white whine, CeeTee.

As one comedian said, the problem with white people is they have no natural predators......

Oh but they do have "predators" .................. extreme Right white males like the ones who committed the terrorist acts of mass killings over the last 15 years.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 145

@Soosie wrote:
Are you qualified to say whether anyone is 'real' Christian? ....@Tex, one would think that when Christians get to heaven, there will be Cent with his Book of Life.

So do you know who will be there and who won't? Only someone struggling with reality would think that "there would be Cent with his Book of Life".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 145

@Soosie

So you started this topic, never delineated what white people should feel guilty about, or the white people who should feel guilty?

Projection or deflection...or confusion!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I'm always surprised when I witness the limited thinking of some adults.  To many racists, you're either one of them or your afflicted with "white guilt".  Like most topics with many Conservatives here, it's either their way or the extreme opposite.....it's why they're "extremists".  Nothing in the middle....no shades of gray.  It also defines the word "bigot"....one intolerant of differing views.  You can't care about those who are victims of THEIR affliction simply because of their skin color or religious beliefs without being accused of "white guilt".  Maybe the only "white guilt" experienced is by those who don't have the capacity to see what occurs around them.

Here one poster attacks those who voice concern or empathy for others....it's rather pathetic.  It isn't what I, or most would expect from a Christian. Aren't Christians compassionate or does that only apply to non-Conservatives?

It also seems that if a white male Christian expresses compassion or concern about  the prejudices and discrimination that a black person experiences, then he/she is labeled by many conservatives here as "liberal" and/or labeled as suffering from "white Guilt".  And yes it is most certainly pathetic.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 145

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Tex, .....you just don't get it!  I wrote, "It isn't what I, or most would expect from a Christian. Aren't Christians compassionate or does that only apply to non-Conservatives?"

I don't presume to guess whether one is a Christian as you put it in your post to Soosie.  It's not my place to say.  There is a passage in the New Testament that says 'by their works you shall know them' or words to that effect.  There is also a passage that says 'judge not lest you be judged'.  So its not our place to judge whether one is a Christian or what to expect.  Only God knows.

Further, I don't see why anyone would need inject being a Christian into a discussion that has nothing to do about religion.  You are the one who initially injected it in reply to Soosie's initial post which said nothing about religion.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 145

Yep. those with white guilt can't go it alone.  They will work their buns off to try to get some others to buy into it.  Too bad they can't work on something more productive. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 145

Recommended reading:

WHITE FRAGILITY Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About RacismAuthor:Robin DiAngelo   Foreword by:Michael Eric Dyson

The New York Times best-selling book exploring the counterproductive reactions white people have when their assumptions about race are challenged that serve to maintain racial inequality

In this “vital, necessary, and beautiful book” (Michael Eric Dyson), antiracist educator Robin DiAngelo deftly illuminates the phenomenon of white fragility and “allows us to understand racism as a practice not restricted to ‘bad people’” (Claudia Rankine). Referring to the defensive moves that white people make when challenged racially, white fragility is characterized by emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and by behaviors including argumentation and silence. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium and prevent any meaningful cross-racial dialogue. In this in-depth exploration, DiAngelo examines how white fragility develops, how it protects racial inequality, and what we can do to engage more constructively.

http://www.beacon.org/White-Fragility-P1346.aspx

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 145

Is this to infer that those who oppose

trump should suffer from white guilt?

Looks like trump supporters might be referring to themselves suffering from white guilt. Since they do seem to follow the trump doctrine of “make America white again.” Does he promote or support people of color?

Certainly a lot of white trump repubs in 

the House and Senate. And how many minorities did he campaign for?...people of color? Did look like a white agenda. 

Just asking about the opticals that exist. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 145

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 145

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Thanks Tex for validating my post.  Had you found anything I posted that was incorrect, I'm confident you would have said so.  So thanks again!

So you are claiming that you have the ability to say whether a person is a real Christian?  No one has validated your posts except yourself.  Perhaps you should go back over what I posted?  Basically I'm asking how you determine who is a real Christian or not?

Tex, .....you just don't get it!  I wrote, "It isn't what I, or most would expect from a Christian. Aren't Christians compassionate or does that only apply to non-Conservatives?"

I never claimed anything you state in your  post.  If YOU believe her comments were of a Christian nature, you are welcome to make that point....though I'd bet most know you can't/won't. 

So why are you wanting to make this vile topic about Christianity?  No one else did.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views