Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: First they came for Chris Collins

Message 1 of 9

Congressman Chris Collins’ Daughter Lost $1.3M When ‘Insider-Trading’ Stock Tanked

The daughter of Rep. Chris Collins lost more than a million dollars when the stock in which he’s accused of passing insider-trading information tanked.

Manhattan federal prosecutors say Collins speed-dialed his son, Cameron, 25, from the White House lawn to warn that the kid’s 5.2 million shares of the Australian biotech firm Innate Immunotherapeutics were about to go bust.

But the congressman’s daughter, Caitlin, 27, of Buffalo, owned just as many shares in the firm as did her little brother, according to Thompson Reuters stock data — and she’s not alleged to have benefited from the same paternal tip.

Cameron sold more than a million of his 5.2 million shares, saving himself $570,000 in potential losses, the feds allege.

Meanwhile, all of Caitlin’s shares have now lost half their value, roughly $1.3 million.

The difference?

At the time that Rep. Collins, as an Innate board member, allegedly learned of a stock-dooming new clinical-drug trial result in June 2017, Caitlin’s Innate stock was still held by an Australian brokerage firm. Under that country’s securities laws, she was barred from selling until the drug-trial results were publicly released.

But Cameron’s Innate stock had successfully been transferred to an American brokerage; he immediately sold 1.3 million shares, the feds allege.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/chris-collins-daughter-lost-1-3m-when-insider-trading-stock-tanked/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Collins Suspends Re-election Campaign After Indictment

Republican U.S. Rep Chris Collins says he will no longer run for re-election after being charged with insider trading.

Collins said in a statement released Saturday he will suspend his re-election campaign and fill out the rest of his term.

Collins was first elected in 2012.

https://twitter.com/news4buffalo

collins first.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

trump collins.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Let's not kid anyone, there are 5 0r 6 very nervous GOP congresscritters who all randomly learned about the obscure Australian company and bought stocks.    hmmmm

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@alferdpacker wrote:

First they came for Chris Collins, but I did nothing -

because bleep him.

Then they came for Devin Nunes but I did nothing -

because bleep him.

Then no one came for me because I did not attempt to obstruct justice or attempt to interfere with the Mueller probe on behalf of trump.

And when they come for Der Trumper, in the immortal words of Robert DeNiro, BLEEP TRUMP.

About Collins - I have this vague memory of reading that Congress had somehow insulated themselves from charges of "insider trading" in much the same way they made it virtually impossible for any of them to be convicted of bribery. I'd not be surprised Collins escapes justice, and Lemontop will probably pardon him if he doesn't.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Can't think of too many more worthy of their fate.  Sorry.......that's not true.  Actually I can think of a whole bunch....  I bet you all can too if you try.  Maybe it is best to start a list so you can be sure to remember when the time comes.  Nixon did.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

The criminals, their corruption and their dt love affairs are neverending.

Why Rep. Chris Collins’s insider trading arrest is a huge deal — and also totally unsurprising

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/9/17664598/chris-collins-insider-trading-arrest-trump

.....Last year, when the congressional ethics committee started investigating him for the very same allegations of insider trading he was just arrested for, Vice President Mike Pence fundraised for Collins.

..... Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

.@RepChrisCollins Chris, thank you so much for your wonderful endorsement. I will not let you down! @CNN

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Perhaps following the law may keep them from coming after you? 

And I sure hope they come after collins and nunes!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

First they came for Chris Collins

Message 9 of 9

First they came for Chris Collins, but I did nothing -

because bleep him.

Then they came for Devin Nunes but I did nothing -

because bleep him.

Then no one came for me because I did not attempt to obstruct justice or attempt to interfere with the Mueller probe on behalf of trump.

Kudos
Views
Replies