Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Fires erupt at protests in Minneapolis over George Floyd's death

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/28/george-floyd-updates-minneapolis-police-protes...

 

Violent protests, fires, looting and anger erupt in Minneapolis after George Floyd's death: What we know

Ryan W. MillerJordan CulverTyler J. DavisGrace Hauck
USA TODAY
 
Part of the link
 
 
 
 
 
 
MINNEAPOLIS – Grief and anger turned to violence Wednesday night as Minneapolis saw another day of protests following the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man who was pinned down by a white police officer who held his knee to Floyd's neck.

Demonstrators gathered earlier in the day near the local police precinct, and soon video on social media showed people smashing windows, looting a nearby Target and buildings on fire.

It was the second night of tense protests following Floyd's death. The city's mayor and Floyd's family have called for the arrests of the officers involved in his death, and the federal authorities promised Thursday a "robust criminal investigation." The four officers were fired shortly after video of the encounter spread on social media showing Floyd struggling and telling the officers he couldn't breathe.

 

Floyd's death has sparked a national outcry for justice and other cities saw protests Wednesday night.

Follow the George Floyd story:Get USA TODAY's Daily Briefing in your inbox

Here's what we know Thursday:

Thursday morning, Minneapolis still reels

Smoke still billowed from buildings Thursday morning after another night of protests in Minneapolis.

Photos showed buildings burnt, windows smashed, debris thrown about and empty store shelves from overnight looting.

 

========================================================

 

Peaceful protest is a good thing....this was not.  

 

Look at the destruction that was done.  Who is going to pay for the millions of damage? 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

The progressives understand that there has been a program of systemic oppression against blacks in America and want to find a solution.   The regressives just want to deploy "vicious dogs and ominous weapons".  It is a cultural thing. 

0 Kudos
353 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Why must the regressive progressives keep injecting race? 

 

Reality is, opportunity exists in may different forms. Learned skill set help people find them. That is a privilege I have, not because I'm white, but because the 'village' taught me what is good,  right and true. Black people usta have the STRONGEST village and then they were fed BS by demoncrats. Oldest trick in the "Book"... half truths and lies.

 

However virtuous opportunities REQUIRE sacrifice vs quick opportunities which look like looting.  Stealing and looting is not a golden opportunity.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
348 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Why must the regressive progressives keep injecting race? 

 

Reality is, opportunity exists in may different forms. Learned skill set help people find them. That is a privilege I have, not because I'm white, but because the 'village' taught me what is good,  right and true. Black people usta have the STRONGEST village and then they were fed BS by demoncrats. Oldest trick in the "Book"... half truths and lies.

 

However virtuous opportunities REQUIRE sacrifice vs quick opportunities which look like looting.  Stealing and looting is not a golden opportunity.

 

The poor blacks in this country have always bee seen by the privileged as  stupid, and lazy, They have never understood what it has been their history. Oppression, violence, poverty, discrimination.  and so many other inequities perpetrated by these privileged whites
Perhaps, the time has come that they will have to learn that the world does not see them in the same manner.

 

no name
0 Kudos
340 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Why must the regressive progressives keep injecting race? 

 

Reality is, opportunity exists in may different forms. Learned skill set help people find them. That is a privilege I have, not because I'm white, but because the 'village' taught me what is good,  right and true. Black people usta have the STRONGEST village and then they were fed BS by demoncrats. Oldest trick in the "Book"... half truths and lies.

 

However virtuous opportunities REQUIRE sacrifice vs quick opportunities which look like looting.  Stealing and looting is not a golden opportunity.


Race has been here since the founding of our nation.  Nobody is injecting race into anything.  It was already there.   If you don't acknowledge it, you can't fix racism.  Trying to act like race isn't a thing is just preserving your white privilege.  

 

Everything you say is predicated on differences in people rather than differences in how our society treats people.  Black people have never been treated as equal in our nation.   If they had, then their employment, education, income, wealth, health, and crime statistics would be identical to ours.  And they aren't.  They never have been.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Why must the regressive progressives keep injecting race? 

 

Reality is, opportunity exists in may different forms. Learned skill set help people find them. That is a privilege I have, not because I'm white, but because the 'village' taught me what is good,  right and true. Black people usta have the STRONGEST village and then they were fed BS by demoncrats. Oldest trick in the "Book"... half truths and lies.

 

However virtuous opportunities REQUIRE sacrifice vs quick opportunities which look like looting.  Stealing and looting is not a golden opportunity.

@ManicProgressive  said;

Race has been here since the founding of our nation.  Nobody is injecting race into anything.  It was already there.   If you don't acknowledge it, you can't fix racism.  Trying to act like race isn't a thing is just preserving your white privilege.  

 

Everything you say is predicated on differences in people rather than differences in how our society treats people.  Black people have never been treated as equal in our nation.   If they had, then their employment, education, income, wealth, health, and crime statistics would be identical to ours.  And they aren't.  They never have been.  

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Your right race (color) has always been there and I'm not color blind, nor am I blind to racism. My point is opportunity is greater TRUMPS racism. Yes ... it is absolutely harder for people who are NOT male, white, Christian, Anglo, rich, educated, tall, handsome/beautiful, healthy, slim  and smart... to have opportunities.  

 

So where do we start leveling the playing field?  or do we teach and train the least advantage how to find opportunity, within their social desert? I hope you see my point. 

 

Ever notice how immigrants open small businesses in low income neighborhoods? Why? because they see the opportunity(s) and they are willing to take the risk, for their families. They were taught by a 'village' what is good, right and true and how to find opportunity in their desert.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
302 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Why must the regressive progressives keep injecting race? 

 

Reality is, opportunity exists in may different forms. Learned skill set help people find them. That is a privilege I have, not because I'm white, but because the 'village' taught me what is good,  right and true. Black people usta have the STRONGEST village and then they were fed BS by demoncrats. Oldest trick in the "Book"... half truths and lies.

 

However virtuous opportunities REQUIRE sacrifice vs quick opportunities which look like looting.  Stealing and looting is not a golden opportunity.

@ManicProgressive  said;

Race has been here since the founding of our nation.  Nobody is injecting race into anything.  It was already there.   If you don't acknowledge it, you can't fix racism.  Trying to act like race isn't a thing is just preserving your white privilege.  

 

Everything you say is predicated on differences in people rather than differences in how our society treats people.  Black people have never been treated as equal in our nation.   If they had, then their employment, education, income, wealth, health, and crime statistics would be identical to ours.  And they aren't.  They never have been.  

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Your right race (color) has always been there and I'm not color blind, nor am I blind to racism. My point is opportunity is greater TRUMPS racism. Yes ... it is absolutely harder for people who are NOT male, white, Christian, Anglo, rich, educated, tall, handsome/beautiful, healthy, slim  and smart... to have opportunities.  

 

So where do we start leveling the playing field?  or do we teach and train the least advantage how to find opportunity, within their social desert? I hope you see my point. 

 

Ever notice how immigrants open small businesses in low income neighborhoods? Why? because they see the opportunity(s) and they are willing to take the risk, for their families. They were taught by a 'village' what is good, right and true and how to find opportunity in their desert.


Immigrants largely come from families of wealth and education in their home countries.   But not all.  If they are from refugee populations, they generally don't do as well.  That's why even though we lump "Asians" as one group, there are different wealth, income, and education outcomes for different nationalities.  Chinese Americans tend to do well.  Vietnamese Americans (who tend to be refugees) do less well.  

 

You can level the playing field by not discriminating in the hiring process against "black sounding names."  https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-interviews 

 

You can level the playing field by not charging people of color higher interest rates on loans, or having different approval rates for loans based on race.  This works collectively to impede wealth building by people of color. "That's because when they used the income and credit scores of the rejected applications but deleted the race identifiers, the mortgage application was accepted."  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mortgage-discrimination-black-and-latino-paying-millions-more-in-intere... 

 

You can level the playing field by ensuring black students are fairly represented in honors and AP courses.  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/the-race-gap-in-high-school-honors-classes/4317...  A big part of that is because our schools are so segregated, and schools with large enrollment of kids of color don't offer as many of the advanced courses.  And it hurts them throughout their educational experience, into college.  It prevents them from getting the same amount of financial aid.  

 

You can level the playing field by ensuring black criminal defendants are treated the same as white criminal defendants through every step in the process.  From investigation, arrest, bail/release, diversion opportunities, legal representation, conviction, parole and probation.  https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/un-report-on-racial-disparities/

 

Because isn't about overt, individual racism.  That is fairly easy to fix.  Instead, it's about structural racism, that hurts (often unwittingly) a class of people as a whole.   We have no idea whether Derek Chauvin is racist.  But the system he belongs to disproportionately ends black lives with little accountability.  There are many factors going into that lack of accountability.  From collective bargaining and discipline agreements with police, to the thin blue line mentality of protecting their own, to failure to hire diverse police officers, to people giving the benefit of the doubt to the profession instead of making each individual officer earn that trust, and more.   The police may not intend to discriminate more against black people.  But that is the impact.   We as white people have to move away from our own self-centered intent and look more broadly out our impact on others.  As a system.  Our laws (including things that seem harmless and racially neutral, like zoning and voting laws), our medical care, our lending practices, our school systems.   

 

Which is why we can't claim to not see color.  If we don't see it, we are incapable of fixing the disparities.  If we don't realize we discriminate against a resume submitted by Jamal Ikhide, with a zipcode in the lower income part of town. Who did his masters at the University of Abuja in Nigeria because he got a scholarship and wanted to learn Yoruba, his grandmother's native language. We won't even know it's something to fix.   Because none of that resume resonates with us.  We can't relate.  So why be curious about him?  Why investigate further?  Worse, maybe we worry about a language barrier. What if he has an accent we have difficulty understanding?  What if he's Muslim and needs special accommodations to perform wudu and pray? What if he has to fast during Ramadan and we don't know if he can maintain the harsh work schedule? 

 

Toss it aside and let's look at Jason McNulty who got the lacrosse scholarship to Hopkins.  I'm pretty sure we'd have more in common and could work together pretty well. A good Irish name and I think there are McNultys at the local parish.  Isn't the Sunday School teacher Mary Adelaide McNulty? 

 

Because like it or not, that's what goes through our heads when hiring.   It goes through mine.  I have to force myself to be more proactive in examining resumes and learning more about people.  I need to ensure I ask exactly the same interview questions, in the same order, and don't ad lib.  To reduce my individual risk of unwittingly discriminating against someone who's different from me.  This happens all. the. time.   If we don't look for it, we don't see it.   And because of that, black people work twice as hard to achieve the same things we work hard for.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
252 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

Trump said he would designate Antifa as a terrorist organization.

 

No one should be surprised Trump is threatening to do something he cannot legally do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
311 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

as predicted... George Floyd's murder is now forgotten by the, I hate president Trump internet thugs. Rage on haters.

 

#sad

 

Wow! That's amazing. You know what people you've never met do and don't remember. Truly you must be psychic. Can you hit me with next week's Powerball numbers? I have my eye on a Ferrari.

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
359 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I have White privilege because I can do all of these things without thinking twice about it...
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery).
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean, #BreonnaTaylor and #AtatianaJefferson).
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark).
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis).
I can sell CD's (#AltonSterling).
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).
I can go to church (#Charleston9).
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell).
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant).
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott).
I can be a 10yr old walking with my grandfather (#CliffordGlover).
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo).
I can run (#WalterScott).
I can breathe (#EricGarner).
I can live (#FreddieGray).
I can ask someone to put a leash on their dog when it is required in the public park we are in (#ChristianCooper).
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED. #GeorgeFloyd
Honored Social Butterfly

I have White privilege because I can do all of these things without thinking twice about it...
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery).
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean, #BreonnaTaylor and #AtatianaJefferson).
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark).
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis).
I can sell CD's (#AltonSterling).
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).
I can go to church (#Charleston9).
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell).
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant).
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott).
I can be a 10yr old walking with my grandfather (#CliffordGlover).
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo).
I can run (#WalterScott).
I can breathe (#EricGarner).
I can live (#FreddieGray).
I can ask someone to put a leash on their dog when it is required in the public park we are in (#ChristianCooper).
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED. #GeorgeFloyd

 

Most anyone can do that white or black but Floyd happened upon one cop who was determined to kill him.  Could you be the next Floyd?  Most cops if you don't give them a hard time and fight them, you will wind up unscathed (white or black).  Some who want to do battle will fare much worse!

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I have White privilege because I can do all of these things without thinking twice about it...
I can go jogging (#AmaudArbery).
I can relax in the comfort of my own home (#BothemSean, #BreonnaTaylor and #AtatianaJefferson).
I can ask for help after being in a car crash (#JonathanFerrell and #RenishaMcBride).
I can have a cellphone (#StephonClark).
I can leave a party to get to safety (#JordanEdwards).
I can play loud music (#JordanDavis).
I can sell CD's (#AltonSterling).
I can sleep (#AiyanaJones)
I can walk from the corner store (#MikeBrown).
I can play cops and robbers (#TamirRice).
I can go to church (#Charleston9).
I can walk home with Skittles (#TrayvonMartin).
I can hold a hair brush while leaving my own bachelor party (#SeanBell).
I can party on New Years (#OscarGrant).
I can get a normal traffic ticket (#SandraBland).
I can lawfully carry a weapon (#PhilandoCastile).
I can break down on a public road with car problems (#CoreyJones).
I can shop at Walmart (#JohnCrawford) .
I can have a disabled vehicle (#TerrenceCrutcher).
I can read a book in my own car (#KeithScott).
I can be a 10yr old walking with my grandfather (#CliffordGlover).
I can decorate for a party (#ClaudeReese).
I can ask a cop a question (#RandyEvans).
I can cash a check in peace (#YvonneSmallwood).
I can take out my wallet (#AmadouDiallo).
I can run (#WalterScott).
I can breathe (#EricGarner).
I can live (#FreddieGray).
I can ask someone to put a leash on their dog when it is required in the public park we are in (#ChristianCooper).
I CAN BE ARRESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF BEING MURDERED. #GeorgeFloyd

 

 Some who want to do battle will fare much worse!


But then that doesn't apply to all that were listed. None of them wanted to "do battle".


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


NOTHAPPENING-Most anyone can do that white or black but Floyd happened upon one cop who was determined to kill him.  Could you be the next Floyd?  Most cops if you don't give them a hard time and fight them, you will wind up unscathed (white or black).  Some who want to do battle will fare much worse!

 

I'm not sure of your point. If you are saying this was one "rogue cop" I will be happy to point out there were multiple officers on the scene. If you are saying Floyd resisted arrest, the video evidence disproves that theory.  I would be happy to do a Google search for all the black businessmen, senators, congressmen, and respected (black) leaders who have been stopped for "driving while black" if you need the help.  The riots you are seeing are happening because of a shared experience by blacks in American culture.


About 13% of Americans are black, that means you should be able to come up with a list of white Americans who have died at the hands of police that is 9 times as long as the list I give you.  Just sayin'

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING-Most anyone can do that white or black but Floyd happened upon one cop who was determined to kill him. Could you be the next Floyd? Most cops if you don't give them a hard time and fight them, you will wind up unscathed (white or black). Some who want to do battle will fare much worse!

I'm not sure of your point. If you are saying this was one "rogue cop" I will be happy to point out there were multiple officers on the scene. If you are saying Floyd resisted arrest, the video evidence disproves that theory. I would be happy to do a Google search for all the black businessmen, senators, congressmen, and respected (black) leaders who have been stopped for "driving while black" if you need the help. The riots you are seeing are happening because of a shared experience by blacks in American culture.

About 13% of Americans are black, that means you should be able to come up with a list of white Americans who have died at the hands of police that is 9 times as long as the list I give you. Just sayin'

 

The point is one BAD cop knelt on his neck and killed him and the other three (cops) just watched.  I'm sure blacks get profiled more than whites do (look at FBI statistics - more crime for blacks).  More contact with cops means more chance of friction between them.  I have never been arrested or even charged with a crime.  Have you?  I would yes sir them to death if stopped and follow their directions (orders).  I can't know any list of whites that died at the hands of police because I don't know any people that got arrested.  Do you?  Belligerent people get locked up all the time.  I don't know any.  Do you?

 

Just sayin'

0 Kudos
331 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

The point is one BAD cop knelt on his neck and killed him and the other three (cops) just watched.   Belligerent people get locked up all the time.  I don't know any.  Do you?

 

Just sayin'


But then George Floyd was not "belligerent". He got strangled by a policeman with three other cops standing close by allowing it to happen. George Floyd wasn't afforded the chance to get "locked up".

 

By the way, Blacks make up just over 12% of our population so this should happen to whites around 9 times as often, right?

 

Just sayin' ........


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
279 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Chasky said: 

But then George Floyd was not "belligerent". He got strangled by a policeman with three other cops standing close by allowing it to happen. George Floyd wasn't afforded the chance to get "locked up".

 

By the way, Blacks make up just over 12% of our population so this should happen to whites around 9 times as often, right?

 

Just sayin' ........

 

I didn't say Floyd was belligerent - you did.  I said: "Belligerent people get locked up all the time." (no reference to Floyd!) This shouldn't happen to what percentage of the population you make up but in proportion to the crimes committed by that group.  More crimes - more jail time as well as cop interaction.

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING-I didn't say Floyd was belligerent - you did. I said: "Belligerent people get locked up all the time." (no reference to Floyd!) This shouldn't happen to what percentage of the population you make up but in proportion to the crimes committed by that group. More crimes - more jail time as well as cop interaction.

 

Then what WAS the point of your "Belligerent people get locked up all the time." comment?

0 Kudos
357 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Liberal lefties keep trying to find a new 'corner' to back us up into... but it's not working. Why? because there is universal acceptance that George Floyd was murdered. The room is a circle.

 

Liberals hate that we agree on something, so they try and CREATE a imaginary boogie man to shame those conservatives. It's NOT working. 

 

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING The point is one BAD cop knelt on his neck and killed him and the other three (cops) just watched. I'm sure blacks get profiled more than whites do (look at FBI statistics - more crime for blacks). More contact with cops means more chance of friction between them. I have never been arrested or even charged with a crime. Have you? I would yes sir them to death if stopped and follow their directions (orders). I can't know any list of whites that died at the hands of police because I don't know any people that got arrested. Do you? Belligerent people get locked up all the time. I don't know any. Do you?

 

Hmm so you are saying the black legislators and businessmen who write about being stopped by cops were all being belligerent?  Is your point that black people are more likely to be criminals?  Is your point that standing and watching a brother officer kill a human being is acceptable?   

Honored Social Butterfly

Hmm so you are saying the black legislators and businessmen who write about being stopped by cops were all being belligerent? Is your point that black people are more likely to be criminals? Is your point that standing and watching a brother officer kill a human being is acceptable?

 

No, but YOU are saying it.  Some are and some aren't.  My point is not to say black people are more likely to be criminals - FBI statistics say so.  Check with FBI stats. I did not say it's acceptable to watching a fellow officer kill a human being - you did!

 

It's never ok to kill a person so the cop was bad to do it and should be punished like others are that commit the same crime.

Honored Social Butterfly

The Regressives are trotting out their favorite misleading factoid: My point is not to say black people are more likely to be criminals - FBI statistics say so." What GOPers fail to mention because it does not support their racism is the MAJOR determining factor is INCOME. Poor people are more likely to commit robbery than middle class and middle class folks are more likely to rob than the rich. Lots of reasons - rich people rob banks and businesses by buying them and diverting all the profits into their own pockets being the biggest.

 

BUT if you adjust those FBI statistics FOR INCOME you will find people in the same income brackets are equally liable to commit crimes REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE. 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Fires erupting...and trump just threw a whole lot of gas on the fires! Let’s see if the military and police follow trump’s lead, while trump presents no practical solutions...if they do, how many innocent protesters will be beaten or shot. 

And trump just posed with a Bible in front of a church...that is absurd, and a fake presentation. Real religion is about understanding, not threatening others. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Fires, riots, looting.

 

I think universal healthcare would go a long way in unifying our country by making sure that everyone is taken care of. We all look out for each other - from the best of us to the least of us. 

"All for one and one for all" works better for us that the dog-eat-dog system we have now.

 

"When you have nothing, you have nothing to lose."

Honored Social Butterfly

More opportunity would be better than giving universal healthcare... IMO. I'll bet the ranch lots of Bernie bros are involved in the riots.

 

Free stuff is what rioters want. We're looking at the ant and the grasshopper story play out. I say time to get rid of the chaff. 

 

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
359 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

More opportunity would be better than giving universal healthcare... IMO. I'll bet the ranch lots of Bernie bros are involved in the riots.

 

Free stuff is what rioters want. We're looking at the ant and the grasshopper story play out. I say time to get rid of the chaff. 

 

 


"Free stuff" is what the 1% and some of America's largest corporations want and the Fascist tRump and Fascist Republicans in Washington gave it to them in draconian tax cuts and most of the stimulus money they passed out.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

With 500,000 people declaring bankruptcy each year due at least in part to unexpected medical costs, and millions of people without healthcare coverage, tens of millions underinsured, decades of rising income inequality, rich getting richer while the poor is getting poorer, and your argument is "Let's not give everyone healthcare" but let's give them more "opportunities" for healthcare. Yes, we got ours. Let them get theirs and somehow the less fortunate will believe that we care. I see more fires and looting in our future.

"Racism is bad" we say, but let them figure out how to navigate our dyfunctional healthcare system. 

This type of attitude leads to all types of pent-up anger by those who don't have much to lose.

We can take an "Us against them" attitude, or we can try to unify our country. Healthcare is a very good place to start. 

 

Social Butterfly

Minneapolis mayor says 'white supremacists,' 'out of state instigators' behind protests, but arrests show different story

 

Mayor Jacob Frey said Saturday that officials think "white supremacists" and "out-of-state instigators" could be behind the protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death, but a report showed that "about 86 percent" of arrests so far are mostly of in-state residents.

 

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz also said Saturday that the majority of the protestors arrested were from outside Minneapolis and sought to take advantage of the chaos.

However, a report by KARE 11 showed "about 86 percent" of the 36 arrests listed their address in Minnesota, and that they live in Minneapolis or the metro area, according to data the outlet analyzed from the Hennepin County Jail's roster. Five out-of-state cases came from Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Michigan and Missouri, according to KARE 11.

The Minneapolis Mayor’s office and police department did not return Fox News' repeated calls for comment.

 

 

Sorry, no Antifa, no professional looters, just angry Minnesotans. According to FoxNews/Pravda

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-jacob-frey-white-supremacists-out-of-state-instigators-...

 

 

 
0 Kudos
384 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

First: It looks like FOX is as usual trying to cover up what could be the exposure of  far right being the ones behind the looters. If you saw the Gov. press conference on TV what he said is best covered in the Courthouse News Service Article.

The Gov. said up to 80% of those arrested could be outsiders from White Supremacists groups (Trump supporters) There was a reference to the WS wearing baseball caps, and T shirts. That is common at Trump events. It looks like Fox, and this afternoon Barr were trying to deflect and try to get it back to the group the far right wanted to be blamed and that is Black Lives Matter etc. They are the usual far right targets, but this time the truth might have gotten out due to the Gov. quicker than FOX and Barr could get the far right lies out.

There was another unusual item given out. They said on the internet the call to come to Minneapolis was very much like what took place in the 2016 election interference by Russia. We do know that the far right did pick up a lot of what they do, and how they do it from what Russia did then. (Just read the FOX article. )

It looked like they were trying to get the point out the far right (Trump supporters) are behind and the WS really far right end are carrying it out. I am sure from their undercover sources they have a lot more information on this unconfirmed to the point they can put it out as 100% true. Keep your eye on this. It looks like the far right (Trump) might have been caught doing their work.

0 Kudos
371 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I am thinking that Trump wishes he had not called for Colin Kaepernick to be fired and Mike Pence had not stormed out of a football game for Kaepernick 's polite protests. 

 

 

Social Butterfly

It really makes me wonder why so many conservatives get the vapors when pro black football players take a knee during the National Anthem.    That WAS peaceful protest.  

 

 

It makes me wonder where all the pro-death penalty, an-eye-for-an-eye, tough on crime conservatives are. Never hear from them when a cop murders a black man.

 

 

 

 

 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png