Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fire Devin Nunes.

Message 1 of 13

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Yep, Nunes could be 'fired' or removed from the committee. Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Perhaps you should post that 'rk topic'.

False and childish.

Yes, it is false and childish to not simply admit being wrong.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@ChasKy53wrote:

Yep, Nunes could be 'fired' or removed from the committee. Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Perhaps you should post that 'rk topic'.

False and childish.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/11/paul-ryan-retire-devin-nunes-217848

Now You’re Free, Paul Ryan. Fire Devin Nunes.

There’s still time for the House speaker to redeem himself on Russiagate.

Paul Ryan is reflecting on his legacy as House speaker in the wake of his announcement that he will not seek re-election this November. Among the things he’s proud of was the recent budget deal to increase defense spending, claiming it will strengthen America’s national security. But money isn’t everything, especially in national security.

Sadly, Ryan has presided over the abrupt destruction of one of Congress’s most important national security functions: intelligence oversight. As the sole person in this country with the ability to rein in or replace the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), Devin Nunes, Ryan bears ultimate responsibility for Nunes’ bizarre and counterproductive behavior.

I think Ryan is proudest of the payday for billionaires, it's always been about that, and with his mission accomplished he will retire  to his little house on the prairie.

Ms. EOYANG you may not understand how the Congress works. Members are elected (not hired) and unelected (not fired).

Actually, Nunes is head of the only committee in Congress which is appointed by the Speaker and serves at the pleasure of the Speaker.  I would point out that it appears Conservatives are the ones who cannot be bothered to learn how Congress works. They sure can't be bothered to learn how the Constitution works.  

Actually, I saw nothing about removing from his committee job - did you. I just saw "fire".

But you said he was "elected" and he is not, and yes, he can be "fired". Just admit you were wrong because you were.

He was elected to the Congress he was appointed to the Committee. Ms. EOYANG seems unhappy with him without being specific as to what she wants him out of - it could be either.

Any thoughts on the topic - or just me?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/11/paul-ryan-retire-devin-nunes-217848

Paul Ryan is reflecting on his legacy as House speaker in the wake of his announcement that he will not seek re-election this November. Among the things he’s proud of was the recent budget deal to increase defense spending, claiming it will strengthen America’s national security. But money isn’t everything, especially in national security.

Sadly, Ryan has presided over the abrupt destruction of one of Congress’s most important national security functions: intelligence oversight. As the sole person in this country with the ability to rein in or replace the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), Devin Nunes, Ryan bears ultimate responsibility for Nunes’ bizarre and counterproductive behavior.

I think Ryan is proudest of the payday for billionaires, it's always been about that, and with his mission accomplished he will retire  to his little house on the prairie.

Ms. EOYANG you may not understand how the Congress works. Members are elected (not hired) and unelected (not fired).

Actually, Nunes is head of the only committee in Congress which is appointed by the Speaker and serves at the pleasure of the Speaker.  I would point out that it appears Conservatives are the ones who cannot be bothered to learn how Congress works. They sure can't be bothered to learn how the Constitution works.  

Actually, I saw nothing about removing from his committee job - did you. I just saw "fire".

But you said he was "elected" and he is not, and yes, he can be "fired". Just admit you were wrong because you were.

He was elected to the Congress he was appointed to the Committee. Ms. EOYANG seems unhappy with him without being specific as to what she wants him out of - it could be either.

Any thoughts on the topic - or just me?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

Not sure why Ryan would want to fire Nunes - he's an idiot, but without idiots, Trumps taxscam could never have passed. So it's up the We The Good People of California's 22d to get rid of Nunes come November. I'm thinking they'll be up for that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@rk9152wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@gruffstuffwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@umbarch64wrote:

Yeah, well...that's one down and a whole bunch to go.  I'm a little encouraged by Ryan's exit to his upper midwest homestead.  He will no longer have to put up with all that abrasive east coast bs, especially the NY type....just like he implied. 

Can't say I blame him one little bit.  He might have done the truly honorable and statesmanlike thing before he left, like get Nunes out of his position before he does any more damage.  Then he could have had a real 'dawning of the light' and started on impeachment proceedings so come November the house wouldn't have to start from scratch. He could have, yes, he could have.

Nahhhhh.  It ain't gonna happen. Don't hold your breath on this one.   Even IF criminal behavior is uncovered by Mueller before 'the donald' fires him as a last resort AND the House does move to impeach, there will be more than enough obstructionism to keep this off the docket of the Senate until after January at the soonest.    

Gear up for November, people.  You have to make the vote count this time.  Consider all the things that could go wrong IF you leave it to 'Mikey'.  You can do it, I know you can.

The Democratic Party should be loudly advocating high voter turnout by Democrats and Progressives this fall, they should have already started.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors