Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Finally got the Mueller Report and reading it....

Message 11 of 25

@Tom5678  - Good for you! I looked at it and started to read it, but only the opening. It's really long to read it as a pdf on screen. I did read the full indictment against the Russians, which was, as you say, in great detail. They had the when, the where, the who, the how and the why. Amazing work.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Finally got the Mueller Report and reading it....

Message 12 of 25

Those are all great questions/suggestions/strategies for the Mueller Report. I often say, a Republican versus Democrat battle is usally a lopsided win for the Republicans.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@mandm84 Yes, the real report!

Especially since barr is trump’s personal AG. 

@CriticalThinking For sure. Call Mueller or even his staff. This is Our report, it does not exclusively belong to trump, barr, or repubs. 

I do not understand Dem strategy here. They are going to have to go to court on many items, so get going! But they shouldn’t have to go to court to get Mueller to come in. For the public to see him speak, or his staff, would be a great push on public opinion. 

They need public testimony, not behind closed doors. Get more aggressive towards people to testify. Don’t be passive. That’s what trump wants!

And just to go along with this, what is Neal doing about the trump tax returns?

He didn’t take NY up on receiving trump’s state returns, can he subpoena them? Has he went to court over trump’s 

returns?

Just wondering what the strategies are?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

rk9152:    Pan - how did you get the power to speak for " they".

What, you missed my swearing in ceremony? 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

In general, prosecutors do not like calling a reluctant witness to testify and for good reason. But can you imagine something like the following?

Mr. Mueller, is it true that when you started the investigation, you instructed members of your investigative team that no matter what they learned, we would NOT indict the President because of the Justice Department policy? 

Can you imagine how powerful a YES answer to that question would be on national television?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25
I think I would generally tend to agree with you here Critical.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25
this is the WHOLE thing. LOL.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25
just my opinion william, IF Mueller was able to maybe add to what is already in the book, I would say yes, otherwise not a strong opinion about testifying. It may not hurt though..
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

William asked a great question, one I've been thinking about ever since Mueller said he doesn't want to testify. I have tremendous respect for Mueller, who's an Americans hero. Of course that wasn't what we heard here for almost 2 years from our resident Trump Lovers who repeatedly attacked him, calling him an enemy of America. 

But I'm sorry Robert Mueller, the American taxpayer just gave you X millions of dollars to compile the most important investigation in modern history. He did a very thorough job, but the very least Mueller can do is testify. Even if it means nothing more than a member of Congress reading lines from his report and asking him if that's true.

One other point, Mueller hired a large team of investigators, call them to testify. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

You mean Attorney General Barr's revised report or the real Robert Mueller Report ?

Kudos
Views