Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fences Don't Work?

Message 31 of 81

@sp362 wrote:

A PHYSICAL WALL IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

What is your evidence that Trump won't eventually make Mexico pay for it?   How is it that you haven't voluntarily addressed that Trump campaign promise?   

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 81

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For GOPers, a wall is just a physical manifestation of their desire to somehow separate themselves from non-whites who are not rich. They REALLY want to move into the lillywhite gated communities their GOPerLords rule from, but since that's not possible, they'll give themselves something THEY can pretend will separate them from the undesirables.

You keep making immigration a racial thing.  It is more a means of constitutional enforcement of national laws.  If there are no laws enforcing immigration procedures, rather allowing anyone wanting to enter to do so, then how can laws enforcing property rights be enforced.  

According your thinking, if someone decides they want to enter your house and make themselves at home, than they can do as they please.  That is much what you and others here are advocating.

So since that is what you believe, perhaps you can send a picture of your house and property, so I can decide if it's better than mine.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 81

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

A wall or fence is one deterrent for illegal entry - no more no less. Of course radical liberals will tell you to prove that it will keep them out. It won't but it is one tool in the arsenal of tools along with electronic surveillance/cameras, patrols, monitoring by drones/satellite, etc.

My problem with a wall is that it is NOT a cost effective deterrent.  For the amount of money we will spend to build it and maintain it, we should be demanding some sort of "proof" that it will actually work.  I have no problem with more cost effective controls.

Since you are always asking for "proof" of everything, why not show "proof" why a wall is NOT cost effective and the fact that the left says it, is NOT proof!

Show me one example where we have physical walls without guards and I will agree with you.  In the meantime, the virtual wall that you described will be just as effective and much cheaper.

So you make a statement that the wall is not cost effective (of course without proof - just your opinion), I ask you for proof (since you are always asking everyone else to prove their opinion), and then you tell me to show an example where a wall works without guards?????

First of all, I mentioned that is is one tool to be used to keep people out and I also said it won't do the job itself and now you change the parameters. Typical liberal strategy.

You keep trying to twist my words around by changing what I said.  Where did I "change the parameters"?  You also try to dismiss responding by simply saying "liberal ideas".  My point is the same that always been, A PHYSICAL WALL IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 81

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

A wall or fence is one deterrent for illegal entry - no more no less. Of course radical liberals will tell you to prove that it will keep them out. It won't but it is one tool in the arsenal of tools along with electronic surveillance/cameras, patrols, monitoring by drones/satellite, etc.

radioactive.jpg

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 81

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

My problem with a wall is that it is NOT a cost effective deterrent.  For the amount of money we will spend to build it and maintain it, we should be demanding some sort of "proof" that it will actually work.  I have no problem with more cost effective controls.

Since you are always asking for "proof" of everything, why not show "proof" why a wall is NOT cost effective and the fact that the left says it, is NOT proof!

Show me one example where we have physical walls without guards and I will agree with you.  In the meantime, the virtual wall that you described will be just as effective and much cheaper.

So you make a statement that the wall is not cost effective (of course without proof - just your opinion), I ask you for proof (since you are always asking everyone else to prove their opinion), and then you tell me to show an example where a wall works without guards?????

First of all, I mentioned that is is one tool to be used to keep people out and I also said it won't do the job itself and now you change the parameters. Typical liberal strategy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 81

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For GOPers, a wall is just a physical manifestation of their desire to somehow separate themselves from non-whites who are not rich.

Trump is not seeking to build a wall around Chicago, Scout!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 81

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 81

For GOPers, a wall is just a physical manifestation of their desire to somehow separate themselves from non-whites who are not rich. They REALLY want to move into the lillywhite gated communities their GOPerLords rule from, but since that's not possible, they'll give themselves something THEY can pretend will separate them from the undesirables.

This is why the fact the walls Der Trumper is pushing do NOTHING to prevent dangerous people from entering America does not enter into their thought process. Just another keen-jerk reaction from the far right trying to somehow compensate for the fact they've lost the "culture war" they've been waging alongside their Nazi, KKK and White Supremacist friends whom their POTUS tells them are "good people".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 81

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 81

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@rker321wrote:

How  about a good follow up on student visas,  regular tourist visas. H1B  visas. and simply clean up the court system that is so polluted that it has ceased to function as a viable immigration court system,.

Makes sense. A rational package is - 1) have policies that reflect the needs of America; 2) enforce the laws that support those policies.

3) don't squander our National Treasure on things that haven't worked since the 2d Century before Christ, like WALLS.

Wrong, as usual.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China#Ming_era

"the Great Wall helped defend the empire against the Manchu invasions that began around 1600."

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors