Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fences Don't Work?

Message 71 of 81

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Well, it is good to have confirmation that the Republicans are taking their advice from far right actors from the former USSR.  We all kind of figured that. 

O.K. you have to get the "USSR: meme in there - still clinging to the mostly abandoned "Russian collusion" claim, but if something works, it works regardless of who said so. Example, this morning the Washington Post and the Washington Times both said that today is Friday. By your logic, it is ...... and it isn't Friday.

Did "we" all figure that out too?

This story has to be the most stupid justification for  building a wall I have read.  Is this fence working in Hungary?  Not sure, lets ask the people who lobbied for those fences.  I wonder what they will say. 

Why don't conservatives suggest universal healthcare or solid gun control based on what Europeans have done that works?  ''

In a way, I agree. There is no need to look at other countries. What we have to do is commit ourselves to secure borders and let the experts figure out what is needed - fence, wall, drones, dude with guns, whatever.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 81

@rker321wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

....and now, about the usefulness of a wall to protect our southern border.......

It doesn't exist.  you know that, I know that and hopefully everyone knows that. the one that apparently doesn't know that is Trump, who is willing to expend millions of dollars on a wall that will serve no purpose.
We all know that only  a  good comprehensive immigration program will work  and Americans following the established laws will make that program work. 
The rest is bunk.,  That is such an easy solution, I wish someone would try it.

Well, maybe everyone doesn't know that it doesn't exist. Leading Dems voted for it in 2006 and again in 2013 (O.K. fence in that case).

So it appears that the lightweight posters take the simplistic approach to the issues - see where the President stands and then go strongly in the other direction.

I agree with the idea of immigration reform and strong enforcement but, where is the Congress?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 81

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

Well, it is good to have confirmation that the Republicans are taking their advice from far right actors from the former USSR.  We all kind of figured that. 

O.K. you have to get the "USSR: meme in there - still clinging to the mostly abandoned "Russian collusion" claim, but if something works, it works regardless of who said so. Example, this morning the Washington Post and the Washington Times both said that today is Friday. By your logic, it is ...... and it isn't Friday.

This story has to be the most stupid justification for  building a wall I have read.  Is this fence working in Hungary?  Not sure, lets ask the people who lobbied for those fences.  I wonder what they will say. 

Why don't conservatives suggest universal healthcare or solid gun control based on what Europeans have done that works?  ''

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 81

@rk9152wrote:

....and now, about the usefulness of a wall to protect our southern border.......

It doesn't exist.  you know that, I know that and hopefully everyone knows that. the one that apparently doesn't know that is Trump, who is willing to expend millions of dollars on a wall that will serve no purpose.
We all know that only  a  good comprehensive immigration program will work  and Americans following the established laws will make that program work. 
The rest is bunk.,  That is such an easy solution, I wish someone would try it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 81

@MIsekerwrote:
still clinging to the russian delusion claim arent you? " I did not have sex with vlad putin." This is going to be multiple counts of obstruction of justice. Trump and just about everyone in his admin will go, except rudy..who is the whistle blower lol.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 81

@jfpinlvnwrote:

"ÁSOTTHALOM, Hungary — A far-right mayor is hailing the success of a new border fence, saying it has protected Hungary from mass immigration.

“It saved my town,” said László Toroczkai, whose community on the border with Serbia was at the center of a wave of migrants in 2015 seeking better lives in the West. “Calmness has returned.”

He was one of the loudest voices in a campaign that convinced Hungary’s government to build two parallel 10-foot-high razor-wire electric fences at the border, which also doubles as a frontier for the European Union.

The result is a modern-day iron curtain that stretches for 100 miles and is monitored by soldiers, dogs, thermal cameras and 3,000 newly recruited border police officers.

Hungarian authorities say it has effectively shut off the main migrant route from the Middle East to Western Europe; police arrested only five undocumented immigrants last month, compared with 3,528 before the fence existed in March 2016.

Toroczkai believes President Donald Trump, who is choosing designs for a wall along the southern border aimed at sealing off Mexico, should be encouraged by the success. “I hope it inspires the Americans,” he said.

It certainly inspired Hungarians, who voted overwhelmingly for anti-migrant parties in elections earlier this month. Toroczkai is also in the running to take over as leader of the ultra-nationalist Jobbik movement, which won 20 percent of the vote."

More at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/far-right-mayor-hails-success-hungary-serbia-border-fence-n868676

How is this "proof" that a fence will work at our Southern Border?  Is it the physical fence or the fact that they can have a border officer every 175 feet along the fence?  Also what is the cost to "protect" this village of 4,000 people?  We have prisons with a far bigger population and prisoners are held in place by a combination of fences and guards (mainly guards, fences only would not work).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 81
still clinging to the russian delusion claim arent you? " I did not have sex with vlad putin." This is going to be multiple counts of obstruction of justice. Trump and just about everyone in his admin will go, except rudy..who is the whistle blower lol.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 81

@jfpinlvnwrote:

Toroczkai believes President Donald Trump, who is choosing designs for a wall along the southern border aimed at sealing off Mexico, should be encouraged by the success. “I hope it inspires the Americans,” he said.

Sounds like you are endorsing what has been called a "WHITE SUPREMACIST VILLAGE" in Hungary and the Mayor that made it so.

Sounds like you are endorsing NO FREEDOM OF RELIGION as this village banned ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS PRACTICES.

Sounds like you are endorsing DISCRIMINATION against GAYS as this village has also eliminated LGBT rights.

The Mayor also states it is a CHRISTIAN town so I guess JEWS aren't welcomed either.

That Mayor hopes that "IT INSPIRES AMERICANS".

Do you, @jfpinlvn, hope that it inspires Americans too??????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 81

@Richvawrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 81

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors