Honored Social Butterfly

Felony Charges Against Foolish St. Louis Couple

Charges filed against St. Louis couple who pointed guns toward protesters

ST. LOUIS — St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner has filed charges against a St. Louis couple who confronted protesters with guns in June.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the Central West End couple who confronted protesters June 28 with a rifle and a gun in Mayor Lyda Krewson’s neighborhood, have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon/flourishing. 

St-Louis-couple-guns.jpg

5 On Your Side's Christine Byers first reported the charges Monday afternoon.

Mark McCloskey defended his actions during a Fox News appearance Monday night.

"I'm flat out pissed off. This has gotten to be outrageous," he said, telling host Tucker Carlson he won't apologize and won't back down.

The unlawful use of a weapon charge is a class E felony, which can carry a sentence of up to four years in prison and a fine of $10,000. Sources tell 5 On Your Side Gardner's office will be issuing a summons for the couple to appear in court.

But Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt is stepping in to help the McCloskeys. He announced he's trying to get the case dismissed.

"Enough is enough. As Missouri's chief law enforcement officer, I simply will not stand by while Missouri's law is being ignored," he said in a video statement.

In a statement announcing the charges, Gardner said the McCloskeys waved their weapons in a "threatening manner" at "peaceful, unarmed protesters."

"It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner at those participating in a nonviolent protest, and while we are fortunate this situation did not escalate into deadly force, this type of conduct is unacceptable in St. Louis," she wrote. "The decision to issue charges was made after a thorough investigation with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department." 

Police identified two victims by their initials in court documents, saying that Mark McCloskey, 63, screamed at the demonstrators, lowered his rifle and pointed it at those walking through a gate and onto the private street and sidewalk along Portland Place.

Patricia McCloskey, 61, began yelling at protesters telling them to "go" while pointing a handgun at demonstrators as her finger was on the trigger. 

In a 911 call, Patricia McCloskey told dispatchers, "I've got to get a gun," and ended the call, according to the documents. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Gold Conversationalist

@GailL1 it was an misconstrue reaction based on the sight of the protestors. I get it all the time because of my long hair and color of skin lol. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@OscarE1968 wrote:

@GailL1 it was an misconstrue reaction based on the sight of the protestors. I get it all the time because of my long hair and color of skin lol. 

I'm sorry to say, Oscar, most whites "don't get it".  Some of us are working hard to "get it".  It's a long process made more difficult by others that have NO desire to "get it" and embrace tightly their White Privilege" as evidenced yesterday when one said they didn't understand why the ALL white GOP in Congress was of concern.  This is what we have to contend with in 2020.  Pathetic!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@sunluvngal Why the shock face? It's the truth, remember the failed Fast and Furious scandal? The atf allowed hundreds of weapons bought by ghost buyers to go into Mexico in the hopes it would lead them to the main buyers. Well it failed one of those guns was used in a shootout with border patrol and an agent , Brian Terry, was killed. Tragic but it happens every day especially when people go into a frenzy and start panic buying firearms. I don't support nor condemn it, I don't care how people support themselves just as long as I don't have to. Maybe shocking to know this but this is life along the border.

Regular Social Butterfly

Seems there's an awful lot of people that think breaking the law is OK and people protecting themselves and their property is "foolish", in todays society.  Whether the gate was broken or not, should not be the issue here.  The protesters went onto PRIVATE PROPERTY and i believe that is STILL against the law, even in todays insane world.  And yes, with what they had going on in their city, they would have been foolish NOT to have guns ready!

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Seems there's an awful lot of people that think breaking the law is OK ....yep, see trump and his pardon's....and people protecting themselves and their property is "foolish" It is when you aren't being threatened and you get yourself arrested.  , in todays society.  Whether the gate was broken or not, should not be the issue here.  It isn't to me.  So why are you repeatedly bringing it up?  I suspect someone finally just watch the video.... The protesters went onto PRIVATE PROPERTY and i believe that is STILL against the law,  then why didn't the police cite them? even in todays insane world.  And yes, with what they had going on in their city, they would have been foolish NOT to have guns ready! Guns ready is a great leap from pointing them at people and making terrorist threats.  I do understand you think this is acceptable and OK.  We can agree to disagree, right?

Regular Social Butterfly

Centristsin2010 wrote:

We can agree to disagree, right?

sunluvngal replied:

Absolutely!

I've watched a lot of news and videos regarding this, just not from your post.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

sunluvngal replied:

Absolutely!

Then you know the protestors didn't break the gate or threaten the couple.  GREAT!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

sunluvngal replied:

Absolutely!

Centristsin2010 wrote:

Then you know the protestors didn't break the gate or threaten the couple.  GREAT!

@Centristsin2010 More importantly, I know they went through a gate to a PRIVATE community, not caring that they were entering an area they shouldn't have been in.   There's a lot of that type of lawlessness going on these days.  Time for it to stop, or be prepared to pay the consequences.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 More importantly, I know they went through a gate to a PRIVATE community... It shouldn't be difficult to just say "I was mistaken"... not caring that they were entering an area they shouldn't have been in. Do you know for a fact they, "did not care"?  There's a lot of that type of lawlessness going on these days.  There is also too much presumption going on.  Time for it to stop... IMO, it's time for the racism, systematic and otherwise to stop.  There wouldn't be a need for all the protests or an ignorant couple to wave a lethal weapon at peaceful protesters.  Can we agree?

or be prepared to pay the consequences.  Yep!  Look who is paying the consequences....the moron couple.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The moron is the prosecutor in St. Louis, Kim Gardner. What a tool and liar.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

I am not gonna read this whole thread - so a simple question -

Why were the protester there?  Why THIS neighborhood?

I thought I read somewhere back that the Governor's mansion was located in the community and they were headed there.  If that is true, why would the Governor's mansion, which is part of the "people's house" be located in a gated protected neighborhood.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

They were peacefully marching to the Mayor's home.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It seems the police should have met them at the gate and accompanied them to the appropriate & designated protestor area. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

It seems the police should have met them at the gate and accompanied them to the appropriate & designated protestor area. 

That's funny!

Perhaps the police shouldn't have killed George Floyd.  Or tried to sweep a murder under the rug in Georgia...or shot a fleeing man in the back in Atlanta, or shot and killed a woman in Louisville in a hail of police gunfire doing an unwarranted search warrant.  Ya think?

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@williamb39198 Yes it's going to take time and public support to make changes. Too much is being asked from police officers now days and very little support is provided to them. The world is changing but some don't want change unless its to their benefit. 

I can relate to that couple having those protesters come thru their propety. As a Native American we've had many of our lands given to us by treaties taken, just recently the supreme court ruled eastern oklahoma is reservation land because it our land before statehood. Someday soon the same can be said about mount rushmore it was and continues to be Sioux land.  To quote Bob Dylan " the times they are a changing"

Honored Social Butterfly

Kinda says it all... right? LolKinda says it all... right? Lol

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

"Kinda say's it all....right"

Nope!  This does....

How Popular is Donald Trump?     But thanks for asking...

Honored Social Butterfly

Yep, as much as this one, but this one isn't fake....

s-l640.jpg

Gold Conversationalist

@NOTHAPPENING. It's obvious you have no clue what defunding the police is. Let me enlightened you; it means taking funding from programs that obviously don't work and using it in programs that the police aren't trained to do such as social services and mental health services. Police officers aren't trained to deal with broken homes, child neglect, domestic violence and mental disorders.

As for lawlessness you voted for an idiot that actually believes it's his duty to ignore the laws of the land. As for urban decay you have Uncle Ronnie Reagan to blame for.

Before you try to put me down like I'm some piece of trash I'm neither red or blue nor am i liberal or conservative I AM A NATIVE AMERICAN !!!!!!! And those ads your beloved bankrupted rogue racist narcissist unhinged commie loving leader approves of are false. You need to come out of that glass house and see the world for what it really is before you try to cast those stones 😂😅😂😅😂😅😂😅😂😅😂😅😂

Honored Social Butterfly

@OscarE1968 

Thanks for untying the trump supporter 

“knot of confusion and chaos” that they keep trying to tie. It’s a false front. 
I really don’t think that many folks want to do away with their Police departments, but some reform and reorganization would be in order, including budgets. 
It’s a point perhaps to consider in the years to come for our Government. We’ll

need to look for inefficiencies, more streamlining, keeping, cutting, or moving, and careful budgeting. 

Honored Social Butterfly

You think like a liberal Democrat so you are a liberal Democrat!  Who will decide who the money is taken from the police and given to, the liberals?  They will take it where it is most needed and place it where it is least needed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Who will decide who the money is taken from the police and given to, the liberals?

LOL!  What an intolerant and biased question; The City Councils just as they always have.  But thanks for asking...

SOUNDS JUST LIKE MANY IN HIS BASE....SOUNDS JUST LIKE MANY IN HIS BASE....

Honored Social Butterfly

Who will decide who the money is taken from the police and given to, the liberals?

LOL!  What an intolerant and biased question; The City Councils just as they always have.  But thanks for asking...

As you said, the liberals will take money from the police by the city councils just as they always have done in those liberal Democrat cities.  Look for more people to move out of those future ghettos.  Thanks for reconfirming my original thoughts!

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm sorry.....NOT!  You CLEARLY misunderstood AND mischaracterized/misrepresented what I "said"/posted.  Oh well....it's typical as one is fond of saying.

tenor (16).gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Felony Charges Against Foolish St. Louis Couple

=====================================================
Yes, it's foolish to protect your property when the police were called and did not come...shame on them!
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Yes, it's foolish to protect your property when the police were called and did not come...shame on them!

Yeah, protect your property when peaceful people are walking by. That'll get you arrested.

Honored Social Butterfly

Walking by? you didn't add "mild and peacefully". Do you actually believe they were strolling by? The good news is no body was killed, in a city that has murders nightly. Peace was obtained with peace makers. Funny how a gun created civility. 

George Soros would be proud with his money well spent and the NY times will want to give the Pulitzer prize to the protesters and Kim Gardner. 

More to come... (dismissal) and who doesn't know Kim Gardner is playing this for all she can. She has dismissed charges on all the rioters who were arrested by St. Louis police. Eric Schmitt (MO State Attorney General) has filed suit(s) and opened an investigation into her conduct.

https://www.stltoday.com/

Honored Social Butterfly

The ONLY thing funny about these moron's is that some claim that actually "kept the peace" although there was no disturbance prior to Bonnie and Clyde making an appearance.  It's a typical example of how the far-right distorts the facts....some call it FAKE NEWS!

skynews-st-louis-couple-point-guns_5025777.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Centristsin2010:   The ONLY thing funny about these moron's is that some claim that actually "kept the peace" although there was no disturbance prior to Bonnie and Clyde making an appearance. 

Don't make light of them Cent, they're obviously a part of the well regulated militia our Founding Fathers spoke of. *cough*

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png