Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: “Far More Troubling”

Message 1 of 25

jimc91:   As I stated today in the column, the Flynn material discloses additional evidence of a hostile intent to target key Trump aides, including the use of a law that is notoriously and presumptively unconstitutional.  The material reflects a wild search for any ground upon which Flynn could be entrapped.

The FBI used the same methods with Flynn that they use in most other cases. Nothing out of the ordinary, and certainly no nefarious effort to go after him because he was associated with Trump. Give the conspiracy theories a rest already.

Again:   :   When the F.B.I. has serious evidence of wrongdoing, it is normal to put targets in this bind. Law enforcement seldom puts all its cards on the table when questioning a suspect. This is not “entrapment,” where one is induced to commit a crime. Rather, the F.B.I. was trying to elicit the truth of whether a crime had already been committed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 25

tenor (3).gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 25

jim observed...

We need to have equal justice under the law.

But again...

d89wn9z-c6dc85cd-36ba-4633-8c9f-04e3844642d1.png

Does Jim think that applies to trump as well?  It doesn't appear that it does....

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 25

JimC wrote:

"Barr stated that “My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just the mistakes or sloppiness.”  He added “there was something far more troubling here. We’re going to get to the bottom of it. And if people broke the law and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted.”  Referring to the Russian investigation as “one of the greatest travesties in American history — without any basis,” he stated that the evidence shows “a whole pattern of events while he was president … to sabotage the presidency … or at least have the effect of sabotaging the presidency.”

That is called "trying the case in the court of public opinion.  Real investigators will not comment on an on-going investigation, yet Barr seems to have no trouble talking about it.  Does this mean that Barr has some hidden agenda?

As far as this new "evidence" helping Flynn, again it is not "evidence" until a court rules on it.  With an individual judge ruling, you never know, it might work.  After all, a judge in Texas actually believed that "affluenza" was a valid defense.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 25

SP insightfully noted.....

JimC,

Here's something else to think about:

If these so called "facts" are so iron clad, why are they trying their case in the court of public opinion?

That is usually done when your case or defense is weak.

To which many will.....

giphy2.gif

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 25

Jim is not the subject of this thread...

However, Jim agrees with Jonathan Turley and Bob Barr on the actual subject and it is troubling:

Putting that aside, the evidence strongly supports Barr’s effort to force the disclosure of material that has been buried despite the claims of full investigations by Congress and the Inspector General.  Bizarrely, the media and many liberal commentators are struggling to ignore these troubling disclosu...and the obvious abuses that they reflect within the Justice Department.

Barr stated that “My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just the mistakes or sloppiness.”  He added “there was something far more troubling here. We’re going to get to the bottom of it. And if people broke the law and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted.”  Referring to the Russian investigation as “one of the greatest travesties in American history — without any basis,” he stated that the evidence shows “a whole pattern of events while he was president … to sabotage the presidency … or at least have the effect of sabotaging the presidency.”

Once again, I agree with Barr on the damning character of this evidence and what is emerging as the likely political purpose or bias behind decisions at the Justice Department at the start of the Trump Administration.  Despite the rationalizations of media experts, this is one of the most thuggish records I have seen as a criminal defense attorney.  This was not an effort to investigate a crime, it was an effort to create a crime.  Flynn had not committed any crime in meeting with the Russian and the Logan Act is universally denounced as unenforceable and unconstitutional.  So these top Justice officials were planning to create a crime for which Flynn might be prosecuted solely out of the desire to prosecute him or force him out of office.

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

“Far More Troubling”

Message 7 of 25

He uploads and talks about radical right wing conspiracy theories every day of the week. He continually indicts the fine men and women of the FBI who make up an elite law enforcement agency. Jim tries to repeatedly paint a picture of them as a corrupt agency trying to take down his hero in the White House but he never says one word about the corrupt behavior of Trump, his non-stop lies, and all of the CONVICTED FELONS in the Trump Campaign/Administration. 

If Jim was so concerned about justice, why does he completely ignore the illegal behavior of Trump?

As the recently released impartial IG Report stated, ".... opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision."

Jim continually refuses to acknowledge the above conclusion of the report. He instead spends his time trying to re-write history in an attempt at making Trump look honest. That will never work.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 25

I still agree with Jonathan Turely:

Once again, I agree with Barr on the damning character of this evidence and what is emerging as the likely political purpose or bias behind decisions at the Justice Department at the start of the Trump Administration.  Despite the rationalizations of media experts, this is one of the most thuggish records I have seen as a criminal defense attorney.  This was not an effort to investigate a crime, it was an effort to create a crime.  Flynn had not committed any crime in meeting with the Russian and the Logan Act is universally denounced as unenforceable and unconstitutional.  So these top Justice officials were planning to create a crime for which Flynn might be prosecuted solely out of the desire to prosecute him or force him out of office.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time will tell.

The DOJ/FBI has been tarnished by a few bad actors.  When justice prevails in this case, it will go a long way in restoring their reputation with the American people.  Many people think there are two justice systems in America, one of the rich and powerful and one for the common folks.  The top of the FBI are very powerful but they are not above the law.  We need to have equal justice under the law.  Stay tuned!

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 25

JimC,

Here's something else to think about:

If these so called "facts" are so iron clad, why are they trying their case in the court of public opinion?

That is usually done when your case or defense is weak.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

“Far More Troubling”

Message 10 of 25

JImC said to me, “Well we are all entitled to our own opinions but you can't make up your own facts.  The fact is, the newly released documents, prove your opinion is just wrong...

Unbelievable! No wonder they worship a president who’s a pathological liar. My opinion? Really? Please tell me again Jim, what facts do I have wrong below?

• Flynn was charged with lying to the FBI. That is a FACT, it is not an opinion. 
  • 3 years later, the FBI is still charging Flynn with LYING to the FBI. That is a FACT, it is not an opinion.
  • A National Security Advisor who LIES to the FBI is a national disgrace. Yes, that's my opinion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors