Honored Social Butterfly

Fans boo during 'Moment of Unity' at first NFL game of the season

https://www.kmov.com/sports/fans-boo-during-moment-of-unity-at-first-nfl-game-of-the-season/article_...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (CNN/KMOV.com) – Boos were heard from the crowd at Arrowhead stadium during the “Moment of Unity” before the first NFL game of the season.

After opting to leave the field while both anthems were played, the Houston Texans returned to the field and linked arms with the Kansas City Chiefs for the moment.

"Please join us in a moment of silence dedicated to the ongoing fight for equality in our country," the announcer at the stadium stated ahead of the moment.

Boos were heard from the crowd at the stadium during the moment.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he didn’t hear a lot of booing while he was on the field.

"Being down there, I honestly didn't hear a lot of booing, I've seen a little of the videos out there and we just wanted to show unity and come together and keep fighting the good fight. I hope our fans will support us like they do every single day,” he said.

============================================================

The fans want these high paid players to play football and not make political/racist jesters.  

I agree with the fans.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Who could even tell WHY the fans booed - or even if they did at all; maybe it was a woo! -

There were ONLY 16,000 of them, vastly separated, in a stadium that hold 75,000  - Definitely could not hear the 1000 that were in the boxes and who also got free covid-19 test,  The 16,000 regular fans got commemorative Chiefs mask !  And they were suppose to be wearing mask - who can even hear a boo under a mask or distinguish it from something else?

Maybe they booed because the game had been a long time coming and couldn't get started soon enough.  Maybe they booed because there was just too much social stuff and they wanted to get on to the football - the markings on the field, the words on the helmets and uniforms, the singing of all the various anthems, Chloe & Halle dressed in their meaningful attire -

Maybe they booed because only one player knelt with fist arm up while the others just linked arms.

Or maybe you would like CNN's guess in the matter:

The Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans kicked off the 2020 NFL season by holding a moment of unity against racism together on the field at Arrowhead Stadium only to have boos heard from the Kansas City crowd.

The visiting Texans were not on the field for "Lift Every Voice and Sing" and the National Anthem while the Chiefs remained on the field for both. The boos began after the Texans returned to the field to join the Chiefs during a moment of silence and a show of unity.

"Please join us in a moment of silence dedicated to the ongoing fight for equality in our country," the announcer at the stadium stated ahead of the moment.

Boos, lasting about 5 to 10 seconds, could be heard from the crowd as the Chiefs linked arms and the Texans made their way to the middle of the field to join them. It's unclear if the fans were booing the Texans for not being on the field for the National Anthem or if the boos were directed at the moment of unity.     OR EVEN SOMETHING ELSE !

. . . . The crowd eventually applauded once the chain was formed, and the teams then broke apart to get ready for kickoff.

Some players said they heard it; others said they didn't ; then others said they just heard a noise - just goes to show that things are interpreted as to the situation and our views influence us.  Should news or social media even try to pinpoint it or make a guess at it.  Maybe they should have asked the fans if they booed and why. 

UNITY: 

a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.

HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,HA, HA, HA,

BTW - who won????

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Never expect Trump Cult members to deal with FACTS or the TRUTH.

• The suspect was walking AWAY from the officers at all times. Therefore, he was never a threat to them.
  • The suspect was shot 7 times in the back while UNARMED.
  • One officer shot him 7 times but the officer right next to him, never fired his weapon. That tells you the other officer never felt his life was in jeopardy. 
  • Police officers are trained to NEVER shoot someone in the back.
  • Police officers are trained to NEVER fire at a suspect who is surrounded by innocent people (3 children) or innocent people behind the suspect.
  • It was not a murder case, it was a DOMESTIC DISPUTE case. 
  • The police knew his name and where he lived. Therefore, if he drove off with his 3 children in the car, it was no big deal. They could have sent a team to arrest him any time they wanted. 

In the ALL WHITE bigoted REPUBLICAN PARTY, they do not care about unarmed black men, women, and children being murdered by the police. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Expect that the BLM cult will have their own facts and never believe anything even when proven wrong!

Say no to Joe and the BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The fans want these high paid players to play football and not make political/racist jesters(sic) (gestures)  

I agree with the fans.  

Actually KidBoy2, it was a very small and tiny number of fans who booed, I agree with the fans too, the majority of the fans.

AND ......... they made no "racial gestures".

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Great. Eight Trump supporters in the entire stadium and the regressives think it is the beginning of a movement. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Incredible! "stop politicizing the sports world!"

The above comes from someone who offers 100% support to a president who totally politicized the Covid-19 pandemic, resulting in the deaths of more than 191,000 Americans.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Darn, I must have missed it, but there are those that are commenting that the players et al. need to do their job.  Did they call a timeout during the actual game to link arms and call for a Moment of Unity?  Did anyone stop during a run, throw, catch, tackle, during the actual game to protest or link arms in unity? 

OK, I understand that some of you may have seen some players kneeling on the field.  But that is called a huddle.  Sometimes they do that to discuss the next play.  I assure you, it is not a political gesture.  They've been doing it for decades.

Bottom line:  Did both teams play the game without political interruptions or timeouts?  Did they do what they're paid for?

I understand that some peeps think players are just a bunch of dumb jocks, paid to play and not think, but that's so old school, don't you think?  

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

Darn, I must have missed it, but there are those that are commenting that the players et al. need to do their job.  Did they call a timeout during the actual game to link arms and call for a Moment of Unity?  Did anyone stop during a run, throw, catch, tackle, during the actual game to protest or link arms in unity? 

OK, I understand that some of you may have seen some players kneeling on the field.  But that is called a huddle.  Sometimes they do that to discuss the next play.  I assure you, it is not a political gesture.  They've been doing it for decades.

Bottom line:  Did both teams play the game without political interruptions or timeouts?  Did they do what they're paid for?

I understand that some peeps think players are just a bunch of dumb jocks, paid to play and not think, but that's so old school, don't you think?  

It IS indeed sad to see some inject racism into sports; it doesn't need to be there.  Athletes are humans and can do as they wish within the rules of the games they play.  And if they step out of line, the game will deal with the issues, not the racists.  If you don't like it; turn off the games you complain about and watch the re-runs of the RNC.

John_Carlos,_Tommie_Smith,_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

It IS indeed sad to see some inject racism into sports; it doesn't need to be there. 

I agree with your statement.  So, why do some playing the game have to wear BLM logos on their uniform, take a knee when the national anthem is played, or raise a fist during the pledge of allegiance?  Isn't that an overt sign of racism?

Say no to Joe!

Honored Social Butterfly

Not posted..
It IS indeed sad to see some inject racism into sports; it doesn't need to be there.

I agree with your statement. So, why do some playing the game have to wear BLM logos on their uniform, take a knee when the national anthem is played, or raise a fist during the pledge of allegiance? It IS indeed sad to see some inject racism into sports; it doesn't need to be there.

I agree with your statement. So, why do some playing the game have to wear BLM logos on their uniform, take a knee when the national anthem is played, or raise a fist during the pledge of allegiance? Isn't that an overt sign of racism?

===========================================================

" Isn't that an overt sign of racism?"

Yes it is...its promoting racism. Yet we have posters that do not see that because they think the BLM cult is a way to go after Trump..I see that in posts...like this is about Trump ...it's not...that tell me a lot about how narrow minded they are but I see that every day on this board.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

" Isn't that an overt sign of racism?"

Yes it is...its promoting racism.  No, it is NOT!  If you disagree, please explain how it is racists.
Yet we have posters that do not see that because they think the BLM cult is a way to go after Trump..  I believe your mistaken.  Black Lives Matter isn't a way to get to trump.  It's obvious to good people that trump is his own worst enemy and will destroy himself.
I see that in posts...like this is about Trump ...it's not...that tell me a lot about how narrow minded they are but I see that every day on this board.
download (15).jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

ALL sports employees (players) need to do their JOB...and that's to participate in whatever sport they're hired to do.  Instead they're acting like the racists and rioters they're kneeling (or whatever they choose)  to support.  Pathetic and should be unacceptable!  In todays insane lawless country, anything goes.  And boy are the racists and anti police supporters taking advantage of a bad situation.

To ALL that are hired to do a job...GET TO WORK!!  Earn the big bucks you're paid, and stop politicizing the sports world!

army navy no kneeling Aug 2020.pngflag make america great again Sept 2020.gif

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!!

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

ALL sports employees (players) need to do their JOB...and that's to participate in whatever sport they're hired to do. 

Where was that concern when Trump used press conferences to hold his rallies ... flying around the country on tax payer money to play golf at his resorts while the pandemic was consuming America  .... NOT DOING HIS JOB!!!

To ALL that are hired to do a job...GET TO WORK!! 

GREAT ADVICE FOR TRUMP!!!

flag make america great again Sept 2020.gif

INDEED ...VOTE FOR BIDEN-HARRIS 2020!!!

trump in jail.png

TRUMP IN 2021!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluvngal posted..

ALL sports employees (players) need to do their JOB...and that's to participate in whatever sport they're hired to do. Instead they're acting like the racists and rioters they're kneeling (or whatever they choose) to support. Pathetic and should be unacceptable! In todays insane lawless country, anything goes. And boy are the racists and anti police supporters taking advantage of a bad situation.

================================================

That they are but police hate is not new on this board.

For years we had a poster that would post a new thread when a police officer was involved in a incident...before there was an investigation. That is police hate. He was ahead of the times.
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

ALL sports employees (players) need to do their JOB...and that's to participate in whatever sport they're hired to do.

It's laughable that some whites feel the need to tell minorities what their job is and what their responsibilities are.  Fortunately, it's just a minority of whites.  The slaves were freed MANY years ago.

Instead they're acting like the racists and rioters they're kneeling (or whatever they choose)  to support. They're acting like "racists"?  Kneeling? Locking arms in unity?  Please explain if you can...

Pathetic and should be unacceptable!  In todays insane lawless country, anything goes.  For some the shackles came off decades ago; it sounds as if some prefer them.

To ALL that are hired to do a job...GET TO WORK!!  You aren't their boss; they don't answer to you!  If you don't like it; don't watch.  The Right is quite proficient at "cancel culture" practices.

Earn the big bucks you're paid, and stop politicizing the sports world!  But it is OK for trump supporters to do so?

Regular Social Butterfly

Sports fans want to take their minds off political melodrama by watching sports and paying to get the melodrama shoved up their behinds is more than they bargained for.  How convenient for the drama queens that there were so few live fans to boo.  We'll see whether the boos continue when the number of people in the live audience increases.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos

What tRump supporters tend to forget is that Colin K has never played for an NFL team again.  They also tend to forget that it was that babbling mouth in the WH who blindsided and blamed the entire NFL and made it a political issue.  And continues to do so.  For example, remember when he disinvited the Eagles to the WH?  He claimed they "disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem".  No Eagle players ever took a knee during the regular season. 

IMPOOPUS kicked the first ball.  Game on.  

That a few fans would boo during a Moment of Unity for equality is reprehensible and shows the true colors of the prejudiced.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

What tRump supporters tend to forget is that Colin K has never played for an NFL team again.  They also tend to forget that it was that babbling mouth in the WH who blindsided and blamed the entire NFL and made it a political issue.  And continues to do so.  For example, remember when he disinvited the Eagles to the WH?  He claimed they "disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem".  No Eagle players ever took a knee during the regular season. 

IMPOOPUS kicked the first ball.  Game on.  

That a few fans would boo during a Moment of Unity for equality is reprehensible and shows the true colors of the prejudiced.  

Trump disinvited the Eagles after they overwhelmingly said that they would not attend. He couldn't stand that they wouldn't bow to him.

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch posted..

===================================
That's the way many, that like the players disrespect our flag and add fuel onto the the racism fire we have in our country would look at it.

'Moment of Unity' it's turning out to be a moment to promote divide in our country and it's working. You proud of that?

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

===================================
That's the way many, that like the players disrespect our flag and add fuel onto the the racism fire we have in our country would look at it.

'Moment of Unity' it's turning out to be a moment to promote divide in our country and it's working. You proud of that?

Who knelt during the Moment of Unity?  Was the National Anthem being played?  Was the flag involved?  

I saw players of two opposing teams link arms in a gesture of unity. 

I repeat -- That a few fans would boo during a Moment of Unity for equality is reprehensible and shows the true colors of the prejudiced.   No, I certainly am not proud of a president, any president, who would promote such division and prejudice and encourage his lemmings to do the same.  I am horrified.

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch p[\osted..

I repeat -- That a few fans would boo during a Moment of Unity for equality is reprehensible and shows the true colors of the prejudiced. No, I certainly am not proud of a president, any president, who would promote such division and prejudice and encourage his lemmings to do the same. I am horrified.

====================================================

I am horrified that during our National Anthem players took a knee or stayed in the locker room. They are promoting racism and hate of our police. What they are promoting is a divide that could lead to a race war...do you think they know that or care?

I wonder how many of the player have served in our military and got a honorable discharge.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
I wonder how many of the player have served in our military and got a honorable discharge.

Interesting .... That criteria was never a concern for you with Trump .... who evaded military service!

trump service.png

Social Butterfly

Free speech and all.

NFL is not Congress, who should all be taking the knee against Trump

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Free speech and all.

NFL is not Congress, who should all be taking the knee against Trump

Actually, they had the chance to "give the foot to Trump" and boot him out of office when he was impeached.

Unfortunately, the Republican controlled Senate failed to do their constitutional responsibility and placed Trump above the law and our Constitution!!!

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Here's a few. Google or Bing it, you'll find more.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Here's a few. Google or Bing it, you'll find more.

giphy (7).gif

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I am horrified that during our National Anthem players took a knee or stayed in the locker room. They are promoting racism and hate of our police.  Really?  Hows that?

What they are promoting is a divide that could lead to a race war...Really?  Hows that?  Are some wanting to take up arms to fight athletes that link arms or kneel?  do you think they know that or care?   Does the Right know or care what they are promoting?

I wonder how many of the player (sic) have served in our military and got a honorable discharge.  More than the President of the United "Schstates" (sic).

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

I repeat -- That a few fans would boo during a Moment of Unity for equality is reprehensible and shows the true colors of the prejudiced.   No, I certainly am not proud of a president, any president, who would promote such division and prejudice and encourage his lemmings to do the same.  I am horrified.

These are the people who dispute the words of Jesus, Ms. Stretch.  They foster hate, racism and bigotry across the world.  There's a warm place waiting for them:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

These are the people who dispute the words of Jesus, Ms. Stretch.  They foster hate, racism and bigotry across the world.  There's a warm place waiting for them:

Go to the 3:00 in the video.  Is Donnie tweeting?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png