Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Family Tree's

Message 1 of 7

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@alferdpacker

Well we know after the lies died down, The Donald is 1/2 German and 1/2 Scottish. They were so ashamed they said they were Swedish for years.

He has German, Canadian, UK England, and then we got stuck w/him. Not sure why he seems so ashamed, legal or not they were at one time, immigrants. Funny that immigrants!

I bet we all have immigrants in our families.

Yep - we all do...

My Ute/Navajo/Hispanic wife makes jokes about her illegal immigrant ancestors - bemoaning the fact that there weren't any ICE agents, immigration checkpoints or green cards fifteen to twenty thousand years ago, or in the early 1600s, when her Spanish Land Grant ancestors illegally emigrated and claimed land in what is now New Mexico...

My older sister is the family genealogist.

She has traced our family's descent (a little over half illegitimate descent) from Revolutionary War Minutemen - the founder of what is now Citibank - including a large number of ancestors who fled to the West just ahead of the law and the hangman, My ancestor, whose name I proudly use as a screen name, is a rather interesting part of Western Colorado's history...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

I'm going to save that photo and send it to my nephew. He signed up for one of the ancestry websites, with the DNA sample, and all.

Some family members were expecting a tree like you posted on the left. It's turning out to be more like the tree on the right.

This reminded me of an episode of the TV show Frazier.

Frasier and his brother Niles THINK THEY ARE RUSSIAN ROYALTY --

The brothers are stunned when their father Martin, a fellow devotee of "The Antiques Roadshow" TV program, appears on the series for an appraisal with a pewter bear clock that turns out to be an heirloom of a Russian royal family worth a small fortune.

When the giddy brothers learn that Martin's great-grandmother came from Russia, they desperately grope to find a link between themselves and the regal Romanoff dynasty.

As it turned out, their ancestor great grandmother was a maid who stole the relic. As they researched more thoroughly, Frazier finally admits "We come from a line of thieves and prostitutes -- he used a different word.

Here's one short scene from that episode....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
@alferdpacker

Well we know after the lies died down, The Donald is 1/2 German and 1/2 Scottish. They were so ashamed they said they were Swedish for years.

He has German, Canadian, UK England, and then we got stuck w/him. Not sure why he seems so ashamed, legal or not they were at one time, immigrants. Funny that immigrants!

I bet we all have immigrants in our families.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@MIseker wrote:
not showing up for me.

How about now?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

trump is the best thing that's happened to his family tree since the time it was sprayed for bagworms...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7
not showing up for me.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Family Tree's

Message 7 of 7

Image result for family tree expectations reality

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors