Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

Message 31 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Just another example of Trump's preference for chaos over competence and the Republican inability to govern.  Not to worry, we have elections and impeachment to deal with this sort of issue. 

Nothing about Trump, chaos, Republicans, or impeachment in that - just a response to "All of the migrants did that?  Really?"

What do you mean "Nothing about Trump chaos"?  I talk about about the chaos that is the Trump administration all the time.  By the way, which golf club is he vacationing at this weekend on my tax dollars?  

My post just a response to "All of the migrants did that?  Really?" - none of that other jazz nor about golfing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

Speaking as an active Democrat, I would love to see Trump continue to pretend he is forced into this moronic policy.  I cannot tell you how many (former) Republicans I have talked to who are changing their party affiliation over this.  I want to get a pennant that says "Go Moron!!!" 

What is your point - that the 9th did not put a 20 day limit on kids being held?

Hardly. My point is that Trump tried to use this as a tool to hold the children hostage by claiming his administration was too incompetent to meet the 20 day court imposed deadline.  This kind of very public and very transparent mix of following Satan's orders and total incompetence is just what the Democratic Party needs today.  If it were not for the fact that America will probably never fully recover from 3 years under Trump, I would write him  a thank you note. As it is, I just cry and work to fix the problem. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

what would you propose happen after 20 days of the adult being confined?

I know this is going to be a radical approach for the Republicans but what about becoming competent?  Since the usual "punishment" is time served, a $10 fine they are not expected to pay, and deportation, why not just become efficient enough to do that within the 20 day window? 

How are the Republicans coming on placing those 300 kids whose parents were deported without them?  

Are you saying that any person from anywhere in the world should be allowed to come to live here for $10?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Is it your contention that every citizen of every bleep hole nation in the entire world has the right to come here without following the rules?

Is it your contention that when they follow the rules and present themselves at the border to petition for asylum they should have their children held hostage? 

I am referring to those that "swim the river". How should the 20 day rule be applied?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

True - there is no REQUIREMENT that youngsters be RIPPED from the BOSOM of their mothers (or WHOEVER brought them IN). There is however a COURT order requiring the SEPARATION if the adult must be HELD over 20 DAYS.

The above is factual without all the nonsense about Clinton, Obama and the supposed CULT.

you are wrong. Its Trumps baby. 

are you saying that the 9th Circuit was wrong in their ruling or that i am wrong citing it? i do not believe that President Trump was ever on the 9th

Speaking as an active Democrat, I would love to see Trump continue to pretend he is forced into this moronic policy.  I cannot tell you how many (former) Republicans I have talked to who are changing their party affiliation over this.  I want to get a pennant that says "Go Moron!!!" 

What is your point - that the 9th did not put a 20 day limit on kids being held?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

Just another example of Trump's preference for chaos over competence and the Republican inability to govern.  Not to worry, we have elections and impeachment to deal with this sort of issue. 

Nothing about Trump, chaos, Republicans, or impeachment in that - just a response to "All of the migrants did that?  Really?"

What do you mean "Nothing about Trump chaos"?  I talk about about the chaos that is the Trump administration all the time.  By the way, which golf club is he vacationing at this weekend on my tax dollars?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

How is it NOT the administrations fault?

Did anything change from Bush>Obama>Trump besides electing the most incompetent president since Dubya? NO

Yes, they "got" the game being played by bringing a child as a "get out of jail" card when entering the country illegally. And fixed it.

All of the migrants did that?  Really?

Certainly not. And all the illegal entrants did not have babies ripped from their bosoms. The topic is not "all".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

I know this is going to be a radical approach for the Republicans but what about becoming competent?  Since the usual "punishment" is time served, a $10 fine they are not expected to pay, and deportation, why not just become efficient enough to do that within the 20 day window? 

How are the Republicans coming on placing those 300 kids whose parents were deported without them?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 100

@Richva wrote:

I still think water-boarding the kids is the perfect solution. If you remember, Candidate Trump was in favor of torture.  They just set up some cameras in a nearby room, take the kids away for an hour or so, and then return them. Broadcast the images of real, physical torture and stop messing around with trying to hold the kids hostage.  Trump's KKK base would LOVE it AND there are no "family separation" issues.  The perfect conservative solution.  

Since you are following the Party line on this, are you sure you don't want to include something about Germany in the '30s and C-Ville?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 100

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

That is true, Obama allowed some to game the system by using a kid as a "get out of jail" card when coming here illegally.

How many? Please cite a source, otherwise I suspect this is just something invented by the rightwing smear & hate machine to denigrate Obama. And brown people.

There is no denigration involved. it is simply a different way to deal with the situation created by the 9th Circuit's 20 day rule.

Try dealing with the situation as it is rather than immediately running to the "rightwing smear", "hate machine", "denigrate Obama", and "And brown people" emotional end of the discussion concept.

So, how would you deal with the 20 day rule?

The 9th ruled NO MORE THAN 20 days. Otherwise, it would be indefinite. Besides, what happened to Trump using executive orders? Nice try.

Kudos
Views