Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
147
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

147 Views
Message 1 of 100

@williamb39198 wrote:

A common theme: trump will not claim responsibility for terrible policies, wants others to fix it, and his supporters think that kids need to need to pay a price and brought to court without representation because trump says so...and his supporters cheer his infinite wisdom. 

Nothing new! Disgusting. 

 

mawa


Do you have an alternate way of dealing with adults using the kids this way? Your racist comment does not deal with it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
147
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
149
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

149 Views
Message 2 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The point was how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards? Not some made up nonsense about water-boarding, torture, and Fox.


I am not sure.  The real question is why did every other administration figure out a way of handling this but the incompetent administration of the moron can't?   Oh, sorry, I guess I answered my own question.

By allowing the kids to be used as "get out of jail" cards - do you approve of that? 

 

Just more proof that the Republican party cannot govern.  How is Trump's two week golf vacation in New Jersey going?  Hope he is having fun (at our expense). 

While he is golfing, ICE is doing it's job as he described it - as it should be.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
149
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

165 Views
Message 3 of 100

A common theme: trump will not claim responsibility for terrible policies, wants others to fix it, and his supporters think that kids need to need to pay a price and brought to court without representation because trump says so...and his supporters cheer his infinite wisdom. 

Nothing new! Disgusting. 

 

mawa

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
165
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

172 Views
Message 4 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

The point was how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards? Not some made up nonsense about water-boarding, torture, and Fox.


I am not sure.  The real question is why did every other administration figure out a way of handling this but the incompetent administration of the moron can't?   Oh, sorry, I guess I answered my own question.  

 

Just more proof that the Republican party cannot govern.  How is Trump's two week golf vacation in New Jersey going?  Hope he is having fun (at our expense). 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
172
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
177
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

177 Views
Message 5 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

It is Trump's “zero tolerance” border policy that has caused the separation of families. No other administration has ever had a blanket policy to prosecute parents and separate them from their children.

 

Previous administrations used family detention facilities, allowing the whole family to stay together while awaiting their deportation case in immigration court, or alternatives to detention, which required families to be tracked but released from custody to await their court date. Family separations were only done in really limited circumstances such as suspicion of trafficking or other fraud, and the families were reunited as soon as custody issues were resolved.

 

By the way, Trump's policy also aimed to prosecute asylum-seekers.

 


Yes, he is cracking down on people using children as a "get out of jail" card, He is targeting ILLEGAL asylum seekers.

 

BTW - Have you found my post from 7-29-2018 5:19am that you complained about?


That's a lame excuse. People who are fleeing persecution have the right to seek asylum.

But do they have the right to enter illegally? Do they have a right to live freely here while their case is being reviewed.

 

Was I looking for your post? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.


Before your recent disappearance you claimed I posted something at that time on that day. 


No, I did not.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
177
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
191
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

191 Views
Message 6 of 100

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

However, how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards?


That one is easy. Just give Trump's base what they want and water-board the kids.  Remember, the administration has confirmed the purpose of family separation was to discourage migrants from coming to America (like our grandparents did).  This is just an extenstion.  Take the kid away from their parents and torture them for an hour.  Show the video on Fox & Friends!!  Heck. Do one at a Trump rally and REALLY get the crowd worked up. 

 

Most of us have some problems with the morality here but Trump supporters????? They will be all over it.  


The point was how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards? Not some made up nonsense about water-boarding, torture, and Fox.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
191
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

202 Views
Message 7 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

 

However, how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards?


That one is easy. Just give Trump's base what they want and water-board the kids.  Remember, the administration has confirmed the purpose of family separation was to discourage migrants from coming to America (like our grandparents did).  This is just an extenstion.  Take the kid away from their parents and torture them for an hour.  Show the video on Fox & Friends!!  Heck. Do one at a Trump rally and REALLY get the crowd worked up. 

 

Most of us have some problems with the morality here but Trump supporters????? They will be all over it.  

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

221 Views
Message 8 of 100

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TemperMental67 posted.

Trump is accountable for what he does on his watch


=========================

As were Obama, Bush and Clinton.


Kid - turn off Fox and THINK.

IF any other administration had ripped infants and children from their mothers arms, deported the mother and sent the children to a for-profit detention facility where they were forced to sleep on concrete floors with a mylar space blanket for comfort, drink from the toilets and be tied to chairs and beaten, WE WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT.

 

THIS DISGRACEFUL KIDNAPPING AND TORTURE OF CHILDREN ONLY HAPPENED BECAUSE TRUMP MADE IT HAPPEN.

 

END THE DISGRACE - VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER

 


IT IS CERTAINLY DRAMATIC TO CALL OBEYING A COURT ORDER "DISGRACEFUL KIDNAPPING". 

 

However, how would you deal with kids used as "get out of jail" cards?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
223
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

223 Views
Message 9 of 100

@Cirice wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

It is Trump's “zero tolerance” border policy that has caused the separation of families. No other administration has ever had a blanket policy to prosecute parents and separate them from their children.

 

Previous administrations used family detention facilities, allowing the whole family to stay together while awaiting their deportation case in immigration court, or alternatives to detention, which required families to be tracked but released from custody to await their court date. Family separations were only done in really limited circumstances such as suspicion of trafficking or other fraud, and the families were reunited as soon as custody issues were resolved.

 

By the way, Trump's policy also aimed to prosecute asylum-seekers.

 


Yes, he is cracking down on people using children as a "get out of jail" card, He is targeting ILLEGAL asylum seekers.

 

BTW - Have you found my post from 7-29-2018 5:19am that you complained about?


That's a lame excuse. People who are fleeing persecution have the right to seek asylum.

But do they have the right to enter illegally? Do they have a right to live freely here while their case is being reviewed.

 

Was I looking for your post? Because I have no idea what you're talking about.


Before your recent disappearance you claimed I posted something at that time on that day. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
223
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
225
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

225 Views
Message 10 of 100

@afisher wrote:

   Apparently the ignoblers seem to believe in fantasy land.    

 

   

No fantasy land but, this ignobeler wonders how you would deal with people illegally entering while using kids as "get out of jail" cards.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
225
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors