From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

Message 51 of 100

@umbarch64 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

How is it NOT the administrations fault?

Did anything change from Bush>Obama>Trump besides electing the most incompetent president since Dubya? NO

Yes, they "got" the game being played by bringing a child as a "get out of jail" card when entering the country illegally. And fixed it.

All of the migrants did that?  Really?

Certainly not. And all the illegal entrants did not have babies ripped from their bosoms. The topic is not "all".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 100

I still think water-boarding the kids is the perfect solution. If you remember, Candidate Trump was in favor of torture.  They just set up some cameras in a nearby room, take the kids away for an hour or so, and then return them. Broadcast the images of real, physical torture and stop messing around with trying to hold the kids hostage.  Trump's KKK base would LOVE it AND there are no "family separation" issues.  The perfect conservative solution.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

That is true, Obama allowed some to game the system by using a kid as a "get out of jail" card when coming here illegally.

How many? Please cite a source, otherwise I suspect this is just something invented by the rightwing smear & hate machine to denigrate Obama. And brown people.

There is no denigration involved. it is simply a different way to deal with the situation created by the 9th Circuit's 20 day rule.

Try dealing with the situation as it is rather than immediately running to the "rightwing smear", "hate machine", "denigrate Obama", and "And brown people" emotional end of the discussion concept.

So, how would you deal with the 20 day rule?

The 9th ruled NO MORE THAN 20 days. Otherwise, it would be indefinite. Besides, what happened to Trump using executive orders? Nice try.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 100
Cirice posted..

Did you notice the date? Of course Trump is responsible. The zero-tolerance policy is Trump's policy.

======================

Yes it was. Its the policy of that is used by local, state and federal agencies.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 100

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Did anything change from Bush>Obama>Trump besides electing the most incompetent president since Dubya? NO

Yes, they "got" the game being played by bringing a child as a "get out of jail" card when entering the country illegally. And fixed it.

You are saying if you had to flee  a dangerous situation you would leave your kids behind. "Sorry kids, stay behind and get raped/shot/ put into slavery. Ol Dad is headed to safer turf. DOnt forget how much i love ya. "

Yes, this is exactly what I see happening here.  They cannot imagine needing to save their own children.  I know MY dad would have saved me.  He would have done anything he could have to save me.  If that meant fleeing to another country, then so be it.  And he was the most conservative man on the planet.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

That is true, Obama allowed some to game the system by using a kid as a "get out of jail" card when coming here illegally.

How many? Please cite a source, otherwise I suspect this is just something invented by the rightwing smear & hate machine to denigrate Obama. And brown people.

There is no denigration involved. it is simply a different way to deal with the situation created by the 9th Circuit's 20 day rule.

Try dealing with the situation as it is rather than immediately running to the "rightwing smear", "hate machine", "denigrate Obama", and "And brown people" emotional end of the discussion concept.

So, how would you deal with the 20 day rule?

Obvious evasion/diversion. To repeat my original question:  Please tell us how many people used their children as "get out of jail free card" as you repeatedly claim, and include a citation. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 100

@KidBoy2 wrote:
nctarheel posted....

I don't have a problem with the laws; I have a problem with a poster that quotes laws that don't exist.

============================

There are laws please read this...

~#118"

SUBJECT: Zero-Tolerance for Offenses Under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a)

On April 11, 2017, I issued a memorandum to all federal prosecutors [...]

Accordingly, I direct each United States Attorney's Office along the Southwest Borderto

the extent practicable, and in consultation with DHS- to adopt immediately a zero-tolerance

policy for all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a). This zero-tolerance policy

shall supersede any existing policies

Did you notice the date? Of course Trump is responsible. The zero-tolerance policy is Trump's policy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 100

Sounds like the RWNJ argument is that it is not Donald's fault he had to be the first administration to separate children from parents.  He needed a fast, effective way of deterring the parents from coming and holding the kids hostage was just the thing.  

Wow... Maybe he should have considered waterboarding, another Republican favorite.  He could torture the kids for an hour a day and broadcast on Spanish language tv stations across North and South America.  

I think Trump would go for it. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You are saying if you had to flee  a dangerous situation you would leave your kids behind. "Sorry kids, stay behind and get raped/shot/ put into slavery. Ol Dad is headed to safer turf. DOnt forget how much i love ya. "

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Its our laws...do you have a problem with them?

I don't have a problem with the laws; I have a problem with a poster that quotes laws that don't exist.

There is no law, executive order, or congressional order that REQUIRES that children as young as toddlers be RIPPED from their parent's arms, detained in cages, and then lost because ineffective records were being kept.

This policy and especially its implementation is all on TRUMP THE CHUMP'S shoulders. Other administrations did not have this blanket policy or you would have surely heard about it. Clinton and Obama were attacked daily by the alt-right radio listened to by the minions in TRUMP THE CHUMP'S cult. If wholesale family separations were taking place at the time of their administrations, it would have been the subject of those radio shows.

Now that they have a cult leader in place in the highest office in the land, they protect that cult leader as any cult would.

True - there is no REQUIREMENT that youngsters be RIPPED from the BOSOM of their mothers (or WHOEVER brought them IN). There is however a COURT order requiring the SEPARATION if the adult must be HELD over 20 DAYS.

The above is factual without all the nonsense about Clinton, Obama and the supposed CULT.

you are wrong. Its Trumps baby. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors