Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Family Separation Not Trump Administration’s Fault

Message 81 of 100

@KidBoy2 wrote:

williamb39198 posted..

trump gets all the credit for this totally racist, hateful immigration policy. Pretty sure he told sessions what to present.

Congress didn’t pass it, nor has done done anything to counter it.

Remember trump policy: create fear, divide, and make America white again.

============================

That post shows that you have been had . My question to you is what made you believe what you posted?

FYI..our immigration laws have been in effect long before Trump became our President.

Yes, and every president before Trump enforced them without using chldren as hostages. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 100

williamb39198 posted..

trump gets all the credit for this totally racist, hateful immigration policy. Pretty sure he told sessions what to present.

That post shows that you have been had . My question to you is what made you believe what you posted?

FYI..our immigration laws have been in effect long before Trump became our President.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 100

How is it NOT the administrations fault?

Did anything change from Bush>Obama>Trump besides electing the most incompetent president since Dubya? NO

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 100

mawa?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 100
nctarheel posted....

I don't have a problem with the laws; I have a problem with a poster that quotes laws that don't exist.

There are laws please read this...

~#118"

SUBJECT: Zero-Tolerance for Offenses Under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a)

On April 11, 2017, I issued a memorandum to all federal prosecutors entitled "Renewed

Commitment to Criminal Immigration Enforcement," in which I directed the prioritization of the

prosecution of certain criminal immigration offenses. I further directed each United States

Attorney's Office along the Southwest Border to work with the Department ofHomeland Security

to develop guidelines for prosecuting offenses under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a).

Those seeking to further an illegal goal constantly alter their tactics to take advantage of

weak points. That means we must effectively respond with smart changes also. The recent increase

in aliens illegally crossing our Southwest Border requires an updated approach. Past prosecution

initiatives in certain districts-such as Operation Streamline-led to a decrease in illegal activities

in those districts. We must continue to execute effective policies to meet new challenges.

Accordingly, I direct each United States Attorney's Office along the Southwest Borderto

the extent practicable, and in consultation with DHS- to adopt immediately a zero-tolerance

policy for all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a). This zero-tolerance policy

shall supersede any existing policies. If adopting such a policy requires additional resources, each

office shall identify and request such additional resources.

You are on the front lines of this battle. I respect you and your team. Your dedication and

insight into border reality is invaluable. Keep us informed, and don't hesitate to give us suggestions

for improvement. Remember, our goal is not simply more cases. It is to end the illegality in our

immigration system.

This guidance is not intended to, does not, and may not be relied upon to create, any right

or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United

States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

"The recent increase

in aliens illegally crossing our Southwest Border requires an updated approach. Past prosecution

initiatives in certain districts-such as Operation Streamline-led to a decrease in illegal activities

in those districts. We must continue to execute effective policies to meet new challenges.

Accordingly, I direct each United States Attorney's Office along the Southwest Borderto

the extent practicable, and in consultation with DHS- to adopt immediately a zero-tolerance

policy for all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a). This zero-tolerance policy

shall supersede any existing policies"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zero-tolerance
...like many local, state and federal agencies do and its their jobs to do so.

FYI ....Our laws are in place as deterrents.

Read more: http://takerefuge.freeforums.net/thread/5022/family-separation-trump-administration-fault#ixzz5MUhGf...

You also posted..

"There is no law, executive order, or congressional order that REQUIRES that children as young as toddlers be RIPPED from their parent's arms, detained in cages, and then lost because ineffective records were being kept."

That might be true but when legal citizens abuse their children they are taken away from their parents even if there are no laws that state that REQUIRES that they do so.

Nice try...but no prize!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 100

How is it NOT the administrations fault?

Did any other administration try to use kids as hostages?  NO

Did the courts rule that the Trump administration  actions were illegal? YES

I want to see how you are going to blame this screw up on Hillary. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 100

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Its our laws...do you have a problem with them?

I don't have a problem with the laws; I have a problem with a poster that quotes laws that don't exist.

There is no law, executive order, or congressional order that REQUIRES that children as young as toddlers be RIPPED from their parent's arms, detained in cages, and then lost because ineffective records were being kept.

This policy and especially its implementation is all on TRUMP THE CHUMP'S shoulders. Other administrations did not have this blanket policy or you would have surely heard about it. Clinton and Obama were attacked daily by the alt-right radio listened to by the minions in TRUMP THE CHUMP'S cult. If wholesale family separations were taking place at the time of their administrations, it would have been the subject of those radio shows.

Now that they have a cult leader in place in the highest office in the land, they protect that cult leader as any cult would.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 100
rker posted..

And who's fault is it Kidboy. Casper the friendly ghost?

===========================

Its our laws...do you have a problem with them?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 100

Let's not waste a good day on propaganda produced by'heritage' and peddled by the guy who is on his way to a Masters in Disingenuity.  

'The donald' never did 'have to do it'.  He chose to.  ALL the fallout is on him and him alone.  What anyone else did or didn't do is totally irrelevent.  Precedent is not a controller here.  He chose to.  All the rest is Bull.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 100

There is NO legal basis for family separation apart from Trump's order. There is no executive order from a previous administration. There is no Act of Congress even suggesting it. There is no previous administrative rule authorizing it.

Trump and his minions are solely responsible for what amounts to kidnapping and jailing children. Little care was taken to identify the children and who their parents are. Many children --- even infants and toddlers --- are being forced to appear alone in immigration courts because they can't identify their parents.

The parents were told that their children were being taken to "bathe". It reminds me of when children were taken to "showers".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors