Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fake News 'enemy of the people'

Message 1 of 5

Cent-Absolutely one of my my favorites
(CNN)Incoming National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has quietly deleted a tweet with a link to a fake news story about Hillary Clinton's involvement in sex crimes with minors.
In the since-deleted tweet from Nov. 2, Flynn linked to a story on TruePundit.com that falsely claimed the FBI investigation into Anthony Weiner had turned up evidence "to put Hillary (Clinton) and her crew away for life."

Washington Post: On the far-right site Infowars, talk-show host Alex Jones repeatedly suggested that Clinton was involved in a child sex ring and that her campaign chairman, John Podesta, indulged in satanic rituals.

And the guy that walked into the pizza parlor and fired an assault rifle 'investigating the child sex ring'? WOW

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fake News 'enemy of the people' "

Message 2 of 5
rker321, I agree with you. The Cool Hand Luke line refers to the inability to communicate with extremists on either side. Fake News fuels extremism. There should be differing opinions based on facts. When they are based on “alternative facts” there is a problem. I urge everyone to seek the truth not “information” that supports your opinion.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@j872659t wrote:

Where is this misinformation is coming from and what can be done to stop it?

Much of it is coming from Russia....and is fed to Conservative web sites and ...other media.....Hillary was running a human trafficing ring from a Pizza joint in DC......Hillary or the DNC had a DNC staff member assassinated at 4:00 a.m......as one Russian operative said.....Democrats couldn't be fooled as much so they focused mainly on Conservatives.

How to stop it???

How do you stop ignorant people from voting?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hoping that you are correct. but I see the situation of the press and "fake news" a dangerous situation by which the press is trivialized and in a way made to be not believable.
That happens under authoritarian types of government. the press has always been the enemy of dictators and of governments that don't want to see or hear criticism
Failure to communicate would have not created the disenfranchise of the press and and would not have attacked each and every way and news that is printed in any newspaper.
This is a path that no Democracy needs to take. hoping that it doesn't happen.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fake News 'enemy of the people' "

Message 5 of 5

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

The main division here is between, a population of misinformed voters that gave power to an incompetent narcissistic amoral authoritarian cult leader that is undermining the core principles and values this nation was founded on, and the rest of the world. Moderate Republicans are much closer to Democrat ideology than they are to the extreme members of their own party. Middle is the majority that will prevail eventually.

The question is: Where is this misinformation is coming from and what can be done to stop it? Viva Truth, Justice, and the American Way

Kudos
Views
Replies