Fake News Writer Found Dead

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fake News Writer Found Dead

Message 1 of 6

fake news.jpg

We discovered those kids from Macedonia earned some good money using their fake news websites.

Paul Horner made a good buck spreading fake news on the internet.

I wonder how much Putin made on his websites?

In Spite Of The Crackdown, Fake News Publishers Are Still Earning Money From Major Ad Networks

An analysis, conducted in partnership with a co-investigator on of the forthcoming project A Field Guide to Fake News, found several cases where fake news sites that were kicked out of one network simply moved to another in order to continue earning money.

It shows that in spite of calls for the digital ad industry to crack down on fake news and fraud in its ecosystem, fake news publishers continue to find ways to earn money from major advertising networks.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/fake-news-real-ads?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

afisher:

Horner told the Washington Post last November that although the information was clearly fabricated, he made thousands of dollars each month from them because Trump’s supporters were “easy to fool.”

“His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything,” Horner told the paper about Trump.

Gee, who could have guessed that?  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump.

That should have been a dead give-away.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

He's the clown who got many posters to claim the Dems were paying protesters....here's what he said about that:

"Just ’cause his supporters were under the belief that people were getting paid to protest at their rallies, and that’s just insane. I’ve gone to Trump protests — trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump. I just wanted to make fun of that insane belief, but it took off. They actually believed it."

"I thought they’d fact-check it, and it’d make them look worse. I mean that’s how this always works: Someone posts something I write, then they find out it’s false, then they look like idiots. But Trump supporters — they just keep running with it! They never fact-check anything! Now he’s in the White House. Looking back, instead of hurting the campaign, I think I helped it."

"Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Wow, don't we know how true that comment about is about Cons never fact checking anything is?  When you call out their lies, they attack!  Just like their toddler trump.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

One down, many more to follow.   

NOPE, I don't have to care about him or the fools that he conned.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fake News Writer Found Dead

Message 6 of 6

During the 2016 presidential election, Paul Horner created a list of websites that appeared to be legitimate news sites to spread false information.

One article that claimed protesters who disrupted Donald Trump rallies were paid $3,500 went viral on the internet and fueled endless rumors about the alleged conspiracy.
Despite the fact that no evidence existed, Trump repeated the charge about the paid protesters while on stage during one of his rallies.

Another notable fake news items claimed Horner was a Secret Service agent who penned a book revealing Obama to be a gay Muslim.
The Associated Press fact check from last December cited a Secret Service spokesman as saying records dating back to 1990 reveal no agent named Paul Horner.

His hoaxes began on a site Paul Horner called Microsoftsite.com, where hastily written jokes and pranks earned him $100 a month. As readers started returning to his site and revenue built, he bought more domain names and made fake news a full-time job.

In a post on Reddit, he said he made an average of $3,000 to $5,000 per month from his writing, sometimes up to $18,500.

fake news.jpg

Horner told the Washington Post last November that although the information was clearly fabricated, he made thousands of dollars each month from them because Trump’s supporters were “easy to fool.”

“His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything,” Horner told the paper about Trump.

In the same interview, Horner said he thought Trump won the White House because of him.

Horner had a history of prescription drug abuse and that "evidence at the scene suggested this could be an accidental overdose." Horner had a history of heart problems since adolescence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/26/infamous-fake-news-writer-paul-horner-dies...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors