WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Factless Trump Comments on

Message 1 of 3

Richva,

Please remind me didn't President Trump at on point also make a comment about the way water flows through the area. I believe, Trump was wrong on the water flow issue. I just wish we had a  person who would unite all Americans. These🔥 are scary,  even threatening to cut funding is insane.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Factless Trump Comments on

Message 2 of 3

As is usually the case, this issue is far more complex than simply calling the President a "moron". For decades this problem has been known and not fully addressed due to the lobbying power of the environmentalists.

Forests are not (and have not been) properly cleared of dead, combustible material. The BLM does what it can but is severely limited by 1976 legislation - which had good intentions but not good results - and court actions.

It would be wise to consider disasters such as the western wildfires with a bit more thinking than "moron".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Factless Trump Comments on

Message 3 of 3

I am not sure if Trump is the moron or the people who swallow this garbage are. Probably both. He blames the fires on forest mismanagement.  By whom, God?  I would also point out that over half the forest being burned is under Federal control. This statement is more self serving propaganda from the man who does not believe he has to use facts. 

California officials and fire experts, including the head of the state’s largest firefighters association, blasted Trump’s comments as simplistic and ill-informed — noting that the federal government itself owns more than half of California’s forest land — and grossly insensitive in its timing.

Environmentalists, however, fear that Trump simply wants to make it easier for logging companies to clear-cut forests. The president reinforced their fears last month when he said, “The environmentalists are doing something very bad, they won’t let us take the logs, they won’t let us take the dead trees. If a little spark hits it, they lose 200,000 acres.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/california-wildfires/article/Trump-on-California-s-Camp-Fire-Forest-1338...

Kudos
Views
Replies