Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fact Checking Trump's State Of The Union Address

Message 51 of 73

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

No, it doesn't assume white employment will decline "lock-step."  It assumes everybody gets what they deserve instead of what they want.  Historical occasions where this has happened 0, especially under Democrats.  Ha, ha. 

Given this very faulty, simplistic and error riddled logic:

People who aren’t hired because of their color deserve it 

People who lose their jobs due to company shut downs deserve it 

People who could never afford to go to college and have had to take minimum-wage jobs in order to support themselves and their families deserve it 

people who are murdered deserve it,

people who are raped deserve it

people who get cancer deserve it

People who die horrible pain reading deaths deserve it

Gee, I miss having a real president!

"People" is an ambiguous bare plural.  The usage of many bare plurals is a rhetorical device used by most people incapable of clear thought. The fact that you have used eight bare plurals shows that you have very faulty, simplistic and error riddled logic.  As proof, I defy you to paraphrase all of your above statements without using any bare plurals.  See http://www.glottopedia.org/index.php/Bare_plural .

Do you know what I remember most about Obama?  His "You didn't build that." speech.  I think he did more harm to society with that speech than any other president.  See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng .  Good riddance to Obama.  I hope I never see the likes of him again.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 73

@aruzinsky wrote:

No, it doesn't assume white employment will decline "lock-step."  It assumes everybody gets what they deserve instead of what they want.  Historical occasions where this has happened 0, especially under Democrats.  Ha, ha. 

Given this very faulty, simplistic and error riddled logic:

People who aren’t hired because of their color deserve it 

People who lose their jobs due to company shut downs deserve it 

People who could never afford to go to college and have had to take minimum-wage jobs in order to support themselves and their families deserve it 

people who are murdered deserve it,

people who are raped deserve it

people who get cancer deserve it

People who die horrible pain reading deaths deserve it

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 73

@aruzinsky wrote:

@olderscout wrote:

Assumes black and white unemployment will decline "lock-step".

Historical occasions where this has happened 0.

The point of fact checking trump's statements is that it validates the fact that since he started his campaign, up to and including his first year in office, trump has lied more than any president we have had in the history of our nation. He continued lying even through his first State Of The Union Speech. You post your opinions based on having an habitual liar as president, thus it is more than likely that most of your opinions about how he will do are wrong.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 73

@rker321 wrote:

See Chasky  I was right.
The amount of replies to your post are really a useless attempt to try to show how Trump lies, how trump is incompetent and everything else. 
Now, what does that take us?

We all knew all of that before he opened his mouth. so. what is the use of harping over and over again about things that we already know?

Again, time is running out. spend your energies in "doing something productive"that will yield benefits to see results in the next elections. 

If you really don't like this topic you don't have to post in it.

As far as "doing something productive" ........... what do you do? I think I do far more than you may assume of me. I volunteer in many ways in the Party of my choice where I live at. I write, e-mail, and call my local, state, and Washington Representatives. I spoke at a couple of Bernie Sanders young people rallies. I participated in a phone calling campaign in the presidential election. Have any more suggestions?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 73

@aruzinsky wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

.... Under Obama, black unemployment was cut by more than half, from 16.8% to 7.8%.  It has went down under Trump from 7.8% to 6.8%. ..

Extrapolating Trump's percent of percent black unemployment reduction to 8 years:

1 - (1 - 0.128)^8 =  0.334 = 33.4%

Your math is 'fuzzy'. Over 50% of 16.8% is far more than what over 50% of what 7.8% would be, plus, your math comes up with trump reducing the black unemployment rate by 30% in 8 years. Very misleading to an idiot.

Lets keep it simple. Obama reduced the black unemployment rate by a total of 9 full percentage points in 8 years. Trump reduced the rate by 1 percentage point in one year. This means that Obama's rate of reduction was slightly higher than what trump's has shown so far. With the rate being as low as it is now, trump will never get even close to what what Obama did.

Nice try.  Lame, but nice.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 73

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

.... Under Obama, black unemployment was cut by more than half, from 16.8% to 7.8%.  It has went down under Trump from 7.8% to 6.8%. ...Obama change -54% Der Trumper -13%

Extrapolating Trump's percent of percent black unemployment reduction to 8 years: Assumes the least popular POTUS in history will serve 8 years, Probability = 0.00%, all conclusions invalid.

1 - (1 - 0.128)^8 =  0.334 = 33.4%

At the end of Trump's second term, a reasonable estimate of black unemployment will be 7.8% * (1 - 0.334) = 5.19%.   I'ld say 5.19% black unemployment is pretty good for an uncooperative group that believes that Trump is a racist.   

Probability a racist POTUS and a GOP dependant on the support of the KKK, NeoNazis and White Supremacists will push for higher black employment - 0.00%

Assumption and conclusion totally invalid

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 73

afisher wrote- What Donald wants to ignite in a war between current immigrants, Deamers and future immigrants. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The meltdown continues. Now they are advocating war.----ATT00007.png

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 73

The amount of replies to your post are really a useless attempt to try to show how Trump lies, how trump is incompetent and everything else. 

That takes us to 14 Replies from 115 Views.

We all knew all of that before he opened his mouth.

You speak for the anonymous?

so. what is the use of harping over and over again about things that we already know?

The presidents lies are worth knowing in depth.  There are those rker who actually pretend he doesn't lie.  And then there are those who believe politness will cover purposful ignorance.

spend your energies in doing something productive that will yield benefits

The benefit here is a productive, ongoing defense of our futures.  Sorry you don't see the necessity.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 73

Olderscout wrote-Probability a racist POTUS and a GOP dependant on the support of the KKK, NeoNazis and White Supremacists will push for higher black employment - 0.00%-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The lowest black unemployment in history and we get this kind of post.The meltdown continues.ATT00004.png

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 73

See Chasky  I was right.

We all knew all of that before he opened his mouth. so. what is the use of harping over and over again about things that we already know?

Again, time is running out. spend your energies in doing something productive that will yield benefits to see results in the next elections. 

Kudos
Views