Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 71 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

I live in South Louisiana along the coast where whole communities are already feeling the effects of Global Warming.  Not to mention  Big Oil digging thousands of canal right of ways for rigs since the 1930's.  Which has devastated our marshes and swamps.   Cypress trees are dying by the tens of thousands because of salt water intrusion.  They are called ghost trees.  Where pasture for cattle were is now swamp.  Oil rig canals have eroded to become as big as bays even lakes.  And Trump turns a blind eye away.

Right you are, crep!  Many cities are facing a similar crises....Miami, New Orleans, Minneapolis, DC and many others.

Which cities feel the effects of climate change the most?

We cannot make this a state or city issue. States don't have the dollars to do this on their own and unless all states, the entire nation, gets on board it is hopeless. That's what Trump brings to America ............. hopelessness.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

We have all noticed that your rhetorical technique is to ask questions - but almost never supply links to provide answers to any of the questions you have asked in order to support your position - some here have come to wonder about whether you have ever had any answers that were actual functional and lawful solutions to the problems you have observed may exist...

I believe I have given sources where applicable.  But one thing I haven't done is to attempt to post language over the heads of the average person's vocabulary.

Since neither of us are scientists, etc., who among us has the answers?  Apparently even the experts haven't. 

As far as your partisan remarks, would it behoove one to mention that the Democrats, liberals, etc. have been in charge for the past eight years, and most of what they have been concerned with is social engineering instead of tackling problems like the Louisiana marshes, etc.

Sorry - cherry picked, biased partisan allegations are inadmissible...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 93

Let's see if I understand the whine:   it is the blame of Big Oil and nothing else.    Who writes that sort of nonsense.     Has Big Oil done damage to the LA coastline, yep....are they the only problem...NOPE.   But that is the hilarious / stupid denial of some.

But then again, Donald once signed onto the Copenhagen Accord in 2009.    

"We urge you, our government, to strengthen and pass United States legislation, and lead the world by example," it read. "We recognize the key role that American innovation and leadership play in stimulating the worldwide economy. Investing in a Clean Energy Economy will drive state-of-the-art technologies that will spur economic growth, create new energy jobs, and increase our energy security all while reducing the harmful emissions that are putting our planet at risk."

Near the bottom of the list of signatures — people were invited to add their own at the horribly named businessleaders4environmentalchange.us — is a family with whom we've grown very familiar of late: Donald Trump, his eldest sons and eldest daughter.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 93

@alferdpacker wrote:

We have all noticed that your rhetorical technique is to ask questions - but almost never supply links to provide answers to any of the questions you have asked in order to support your position - some here have come to wonder about whether you have ever had any answers that were actual functional and lawful solutions to the problems you have observed may exist...

I believe I have given sources where applicable.  But one thing I haven't done is to attempt to post language over the heads of the average person's vocabulary.

Since neither of us are scientists, etc., who among us has the answers?  Apparently even the experts haven't. 

As far as your partisan remarks, would it behoove one to mention that the Democrats, liberals, etc. have been in charge for the past eight years, and most of what they have been concerned with is social engineering instead of tackling problems like the Louisiana marshes, etc.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Facts?  Fact checking?  They summarily dismiss them all.

So, do you have answers?  Or is it all just throwing partisan insults?  Are you aware of what has been happening to the bayous of Lousiana?  Do you realize that the majority of southern Louisana is marshland?

You have an answer to the problem?

Yes I have one potential answer - one potential answer would be to do as much as humanly possible FIRST and only then if there is verifiably absolutely no measurable change over a reasonable period of time - say 50 years - accept that global warming cannot be slowed/reversed by concentrated human action and start abandoning cities and regions that will soon become completely inundated among other necessary actions...

But I seriously doubt that the cheap batsards, crooks and liars - republicans/conservatives and others to the right of center would ever consider making a sacrifice of a few percent to try anything that didn't immediately put more bucks in their pockets while carelessly and selfishly frittering away the future of their descendants and the human race...

Partisan insults?  I've always enthusiastically supported the act of insulting, and deriding RWNJs, the prejudiced, racists and bigots whenever, and as often is realistically possible...  

I've been gleefully mocking the political and cultural right for over fifty years now... 

I welcome their opprobrium in return - that's the prime indication that I'm still doing what any decent and honorable human being has always been meant to do...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 93

@rker321 wrote:

We all need to rest easy on this one. He cannot withdraw of this treatie until Nov 2020. and we all know that he won't be there by then.

Thanks rker.....I hadn't heard or read that point, but you drove me to look into it.  Thanks again.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 93

@alferdpacker wrote:

So, do you have answers?  Or is it all just throwing partisan insults?  Are you aware of what has been happening to the bayous of Lousiana?  Do you realize that the majority of southern Louisana is marshland?

You have an answer to the problem?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 93

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Walking away from the world working together to solve a common problem is "turning a blind eye".  Rather sad someone missed the boat.

As to what Obama did, look it up.  Not worth my time educating you.

It's not a matter of time - it's a matter of attempting the impossible.

It's not possible to educate those on the right.

They are even now performing the equivalent of plugging their ears and loudly repeating "lalalalalala I can't hear you". 

Their cognitive dissonance makes it very literally impossible for them to rationally consider, much less impartially examine anything but the prejudiced and bigoted rationalizations that support their stance.

You are sooo right, AP.  I watched Fox yesterday and needed a second shower.  What a bunch of garbage preached there....just a constant twisting of facts.  It's amazing to me that so many are so easily duped!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

I live in South Louisiana along the coast where whole communities are already feeling the effects of Global Warming.  Not to mention  Big Oil digging thousands of canal right of ways for rigs since the 1930's.  Which has devastated our marshes and swamps.   Cypress trees are dying by the tens of thousands because of salt water intrusion.  They are called ghost trees.  Where pasture for cattle were is now swamp.  Oil rig canals have eroded to become as big as bays even lakes.  And Trump turns a blind eye away.

Right you are, crep!  Many cities are facing a similar crises....Miami, New Orleans, Minneapolis, DC and many others.

Louisiana's problem in not exactly because of global warming, but because the oil companies over the years have dredged the bayous into navigable waterways with outlets to the Gulf.  In doing so, it has allowed encroachment of salt water with the indicated results.  I doubt an inland city like Minneapolis has the same problems.

Add to that with the shoreline disappearing and native Americans who has lived there for centuries are losing their homes.

But again, what has the previous administrations been doing besides also turning a blind eye also. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 93

We all need to rest easy on this one. He cannot withdraw of this treatie until Nov 2020. and we all know that he won't be there by then.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors