Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 51 of 93

Cent--Listening to real news coverage is a good suggestion, but I think Trump supporters are too far gone to want to hear the truth.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

When Trump and his faithful get confused "that is usually all the time" they all turn to FOX News for assurance.

I would not describe myself as "his faithful" but on this issue I am in agreement with the President's actions in keeping a campaign promise.

What about his promise to create Universal Healthcare?  Did that promise "not matter"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist, it is funny but it's also sad. Trump and his Trumpettes are locked into the 20th Century. The rest of the world, and especially China, understand that Solar Energy and other forms of NaturalRight you are Energy are the future.

I agree.....Conservatives are just being Conservatives.....still living the "good old days" of the past and expect the world to reside with them there.  Most are far more forward thinking.....

What has the Paris agreement to do with understanding the value of solar?? There is nothing to prevent us from developing it, using it, selling it. We do not need an international agreement to do that.

And that is not just "Trumpette" or Conservative thinking - that is just plain ol' common sense.

Unless one of you guys (generic) can show why we need an international agreement to develop solar I believe we can put that thought to bed.

Many Conservatives apparently don't understand the value of collaboration and working together on addressing the planets greatest problem.  In no time in this planets history has almost every country pulled together to address the planets future, and yet some cheer the idiot who say's "we're not going to play".

Many Progressives do not understand that nations can and do cooperate with each other in areas of mutual concern - us and Russia for example with regard to aviation security. Really?  Name one here on this forum.  They also do not understand that the major players can work together without a photo-op agreement with Burkina Faso and Vanuatu just as to examples.  Again, name one of "they".

Finally, no "idiot" said "we are not going to play". Sure one did...just last week.  On the contrary, a wise man fulfilled a promise he made to the voters I don't find making an asinine promise to a bunch of uneducated, politically polluted people "wise"; though I understand that you do.  and freed us up to do what is needed without the approval of His Excellency, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Tajikistan. We've always been free to do what was needed. Seems to be just the Conservatives that don't seem to "get it".  I'm sorry for you.  You should consider listening to something other than Rush, Hannity and Fox.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 93

@creppelrm wrote:

When Trump and his faithful get confused "that is usually all the time" they all turn to FOX News for assurance.

I would not describe myself as "his faithful" but on this issue I am in agreement with the President's actions in keeping a campaign promise.

Have I demonstrated some confusion you can point out - or some assurance I have received from Fox news? Or was that just a case feeling a need to say something insulting?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist, it is funny but it's also sad. Trump and his Trumpettes are locked into the 20th Century. The rest of the world, and especially China, understand that Solar Energy and other forms of NaturalRight you are Energy are the future.

I agree.....Conservatives are just being Conservatives.....still living the "good old days" of the past and expect the world to reside with them there.  Most are far more forward thinking.....

What has the Paris agreement to do with understanding the value of solar?? There is nothing to prevent us from developing it, using it, selling it. We do not need an international agreement to do that.

And that is not just "Trumpette" or Conservative thinking - that is just plain ol' common sense.

Unless one of you guys (generic) can show why we need an international agreement to develop solar I believe we can put that thought to bed.

Many Conservatives apparently don't understand the value of collaboration and working together on addressing the planets greatest problem.  In no time in this planets history has almost every country pulled together to address the planets future, and yet some cheer the idiot who say's "we're not going to play".

Many Progressives do not understand that nations can and do cooperate with each other in areas of mutual concern - us and Russia for example with regard to aviation security. They also do not understand that the major players can work together without a photo-op agreement with Burkina Faso and Vanuatu just as to examples.

Finally, no "idiot" said "we are not going to play". On the contrary, a wise man fulfilled a promise he made to the voters and freed us up to do what is needed without the approval of His Excellency, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Tajikistan.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 93

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 93

China is cutting it's coal powered plants that's a fact.  Trump doesn't want to.  That's a fact.  China leads the world investing big in renewable energy sources.  Turmp sees no need to when his secretary of state is influenced by Big Oil and Mitch leads the charge to the use of dirty coal.  China is looking to the future while Trump wants America Great again.  And that may be when John D. Rockefeller was selling kerosene for lamps.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 93

How does one fact check stupid.   Donald lies because he is uninformed and is nothing more than a repeater of nonsense that someone feeds to him.      

Donald is big on rhetoric because he knows that his more ardent followers will not fact check anything that he says, they are bobble-headed fools, IMO.   https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/06/02/trump-will-stop-paying-into-the-green-cl...

Read what he says versus real facts, that should be the measure, but Donald Supporters don't know, don't care.   So much for the GOP being all sorts of worried about future generations......

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 60 of 93

Trump supporters are clueless. American Business, not left wing lberals, is adamantly opposed to his decision to leave the Paris Agreement. This includes companies such as Exxon-Mobil and Shell Oil. Here's a small sample of comments made on Friday.

The CEO of Goldman Sachs said yesterday, "Today's decision is a setback for the environment and for the U.S.'s leadership position in the world.

Disney CEO Robert Iger said on Thursday that he quit the White House's business advisory council over President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw the U.S. from a sweeping, global climate-change agreement.

Elon Musk said Thursday he will leave his positions on three presidential councils after Trump said the U.S. will leave the Paris Agreement. Leaving the agreement is "not good for America or for the world," the Tesla and Space X CEO said in a tweet.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors