From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 11 of 93

All of us stand to pay big time carbon taxes if this Paris Accord was held to with many players not following any standards until many years later.  Those carbon taxes will be based upon the amount of CO2 produced building that item (for consumption).  That tax will be forwarded to the poorer countries (I'm sure very inefficiently) who are busy generating all the CO2 and particulates that the left is complaining about.  It is the typical scam where the U.S. will pay and the money will be redistributed to others.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 93

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist said, "CeeTee....he's right on this one....NH and other trump supporters will NEVER, EVER admit they're wrong...just like trump....they NEVER do.  They just double-down or just ignore anyone who points it out.  Just watch Jeffrey Lord"

Centrist, the hypnotic trance Trump holds over millions of Americans is terrifying. They are immune/allergic to using logic and facts in their arguments. How can someone put their faith/trust in a pathological liar and ignorant man like Donald Trump when numerous CEOs are on the other side of the argument?

Come on Centrist! Would you listen to the CEO of Goldman Sachs, GE, Disney, Exxon, Google, Apple, or Donald Trump? I'm LOL!

The left leaders lie about Climate Treaties to their lemming base and they are willing to have it shoveled down their throats without proof that it is good for them.  Trump doesn't need any lemmings like the left.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Glad to hear that NH,

Trump's argument for leaving the Paris Accord is a bogus claim it's bad for business. Please explain why the overwhelming majority of American Companies, who are in business to make money, support the Paris Accord.

The support from businesses (for the most part) has to do with money.  I can't speak to every company, but here are some reasons: In Exxon-Mobils case, they are big natural gas sellers for commercial use (utilities) as well as home use.  With a huge carbon tax, it would encourage use of natural gas over coal or oil.  With Tesla (electric cars), they are producing batteries which have a carbon footprint of the amount of fossil fuel consumed to recharge them but certainly less than a gasoline engine.  They also receive government assistance via several methods.  Again, the carbon tax makes both Tesla cars and their batteries  more attractive.

So, what's bad?  The carbon tax that rewards certain companies comes out of our pockets and then is redistributed to poorer countries.  How high is this tax?  Will it stop growing?  The tax punishes Americans and rewards others.

American Corporation GREED is the best motivator to corporations to support or reject rules, treaties, laws.

Google any of the above to verify.

Not, you just proved trump was lying....AGAIN!!!  As you've illustrated, it's good for business.

It's good for SOME businesses and BAD for ALL consumers!

So you agree trump was lying.....the "net" is that it's good for business...VERY FEW binesses are adversely impacted.

Clean air and protecting the planet, is GOOD for ALL humans!!!

NO, I agree the left is lying big time.  The only business that will win are those that get preferential treatment by encouraging carbon products with less CO2 like in Exxon's case, a seller of natural gas.  In Elon Musk's Tesla, lithium ion batteries will be sold.

The left doesn't even know that CO2 does NOT cause dirty air.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 93

Crit--Lord is so far out there that I've often wondered if he wasn't dropped on his head as a child. SERIOUSLY! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 15 of 93

Jeffrey Lord is pathetic. He made some racist comments on CNN and one of the other panelists made a fool out of him. Admittedly that didn't take much because Lord is seriously lacking when it comes to intellect.  One thing all Trump Lovers have in common is their hypnotic devotion to Trump which blocks heir ability to think logically.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 93

Cent and Crit-- Jeffrey Lord is a joke. I often see him on CNN, and sometimes even the commentator has a hard time not laughing at his stupidity and ignorance. But Crit, that is the reason these people believe the garbage they do. They watch FOX, read Breitbart, the Drudge, the Beacon, and other alt right radical extremist sites, and choose to believe the garbage that they are fed.  It's simple really, closed minds choose to ignore facts.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Fact Check trump's Claims on Paris Accord

Message 17 of 93

Centrist said, "CeeTee....he's right on this one....NH and other trump supporters will NEVER, EVER admit they're wrong...just like trump....they NEVER do.  They just double-down or just ignore anyone who points it out.  Just watch Jeffrey Lord"

Centrist, the hypnotic trance Trump holds over millions of Americans is terrifying. They are immune/allergic to using logic and facts in their arguments. How can someone put their faith/trust in a pathological liar and ignorant man like Donald Trump when numerous CEOs are on the other side of the argument?

Come on Centrist! Would you listen to the CEO of Goldman Sachs, GE, Disney, Exxon, Google, Apple, or Donald Trump? I'm LOL!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 93

Cent--You are right!  trump is a pathological liar who lives in a fantasy world, and who cares only for his own self-interests and nothing for the health of this planet or the people who live on it.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 93

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Final comment:

NH said, "We part ways on this one.  There is no carbon tax without the Paris Accord.  My vote is with Donald."

I am betting a large sum of money that eventually NH will regret that vote.

You will lose!

CeeTee....he's right on this one....NH and other trump supporters will NEVER, EVER admit they're wrong...just like trump....they NEVER do.  They just double-down or just ignore anyone who points it out.  Just watch Jeffrey Lord.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 93

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Glad to hear that NH,

Trump's argument for leaving the Paris Accord is a bogus claim it's bad for business. Please explain why the overwhelming majority of American Companies, who are in business to make money, support the Paris Accord.

The support from businesses (for the most part) has to do with money.  I can't speak to every company, but here are some reasons: In Exxon-Mobils case, they are big natural gas sellers for commercial use (utilities) as well as home use.  With a huge carbon tax, it would encourage use of natural gas over coal or oil.  With Tesla (electric cars), they are producing batteries which have a carbon footprint of the amount of fossil fuel consumed to recharge them but certainly less than a gasoline engine.  They also receive government assistance via several methods.  Again, the carbon tax makes both Tesla cars and their batteries  more attractive.

So, what's bad?  The carbon tax that rewards certain companies comes out of our pockets and then is redistributed to poorer countries.  How high is this tax?  Will it stop growing?  The tax punishes Americans and rewards others.

American Corporation GREED is the best motivator to corporations to support or reject rules, treaties, laws.

Google any of the above to verify.

Not, you just proved trump was lying....AGAIN!!!  As you've illustrated, it's good for business.

It's good for SOME businesses and BAD for ALL consumers!

So you agree trump was lying.....the "net" is that it's good for business...VERY FEW binesses are adversely impacted.

Clean air and protecting the planet, is GOOD for ALL humans!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors