On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Facebook is Morally Bankrupt Pathological Liars

Message 1 of 7

I have very few friends on Facebook and I know all of them personally. will not accept anyone that I don't know personally who they are. and have avoided a lot of the pitfalls that many have with social media.

I utilize Facebook to interact with friends, and family only.

and deal with status and events that we are all involved. No Instagram or snapshot of anything else.

Is a convenient manner to keep in touch.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@gruffstuff wrote:

The tech giant “cannot be trusted,” he said.

I agree, I cut the cord on Facebook years ago.

I tried facebook about fifteen years ago when it first came into existence...

After about three or four years, I realized it should have been named "Farcebook" and haven't had anything to do with it for well over ten years now...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
I think Lady Gaga said it best with:

"Social media is the toilet of the internet."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

There are a lot of bloggers on facebook....I tend to .ignore them.    Some sources I trust are  

Mr Reich or from Politico.   Ezra Klein Wash Post......

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Some democratically organized countries have taken notice and are now demanding action.   This includes the EU and UK.  The US is sitting on its thumbs.   Donald reliance on chaos continues and he doesn't seem to care who is harmed - his bizarre need to win is more important than the national good.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

The tech giant “cannot be trusted,” he said.

I agree, I cut the cord on Facebook years ago.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Facebook is Morally Bankrupt Pathological Liars

Message 7 of 7

Facebook ‘Are Morally Bankrupt’ Liars, New Zealand’s Privacy Commissioner Says

John Edwards minced no words in his criticism of Facebook in the wake of the Christchurch shootings. The tech giant “cannot be trusted,” he said.

Mickstuder Agrees 100%

1. The social media platform “enable[d] genocide” in Myanmar, Edwards tweeted, referring to Facebook’s role in inciting violence and promoting discrimination in the Southeast Asian nation, aimed particularly at the minority Rohingya people.

2. Facebook also facilitates “foreign undermining of democratic institutions,” and allows the livestreaming “of suicides, rapes, and murders,” Edwards continued

3. Facebook leaders “continue to host and publish the mosque attack video, allow advertisers to target ‘Jew haters’ and other hateful market segments, and refuse to accept any responsibility for any content or harm.

4. It took Facebook almost 30 minutes to detect the gunman’s livestreamed video of his March 15 attack on Al Noor Mosque, where more than 40 people were shot dead. A total of 50 people were killed and dozens more injured in the twin attacks on the mosque and the nearby Linwood Islamic Center.

Speaking to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Zuckerberg said Facebook was working to improve its ability to “identify livestream terror events” but stopped short of committing to any significant changes of the platform’s livestream technology.

He blamed “bad actors” for the widespread dissemination of the Christchurch video and insisted a time delay would “fundamentally break what livestreaming is for people.”

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/facebook-new-zealand-privacy-commissioner_n_5cab0043e4b0a00f6d41eed0

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies