Honored Social Butterfly

Face Masks, Large Gatherings?

As recently as 5-30-2020, there were posts in the group about not wearing face masks and participating in large gatherings being a danger especially to older people or those with underlying medical problems.  I don't see those topics being addressed anymore.  Have we rounded the curve of danger?  Asking for a friend.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

As recently as 5-30-2020, there were posts in the group about not wearing face masks and participating in large gatherings being a danger especially to older people or those with underlying medical problems.  I don't see those topics being addressed anymore.  Have we rounded the curve of danger?  Asking for a friend.

There are more important virus' being addressed now; after ignoring it for centuries.  The virus of RACISM...it's killed thousands! And still resides in many white seniors.  A mask is useless because it's not a respiratory illness; it's a heart and brain infection.

Another virus perpetuated by POTUS; your friend might know.

Teach your friend to fish...

John Hopkins Covid Map 

They'll eat for a lifetime...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Centristsin2010 wrote......There are more important virus' being addressed now; after ignoring it for centuries. The virus of RACISM...it's killed thousands! And still resides in many white seniors. A mask is useless because it's not a respiratory illness; it's a heart and brain infection. My question.....Do you think it only resides in many white seniors? If so, why?

I see on the news this morning that all of the policemen have now been changed (as they should be). There was the crime of murder and I think justice will now be served for that crime. What I disagree with from what I am seeing on the news is the stealing, looting and burning of buildings, cars and other property. I don't think other crimes are a solution. People have the right to protest, but not commit criminal acts.

I was curious to read to see if these large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus. From what I read there is some concern, but the fact it was outdoors seems to offer a bit of protection. I guess time will tell.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

I was curious to read to see if these large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus.

Here you state the following: "I was curious to read to see if large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus." But earlier, you posed that same thought(not wearing masks, spread of the virus) but said you were asking for a friend.

I am confused.

Are you asking for a friend or not?????

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I was curious to read to see if these large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus.

Here you state the following: "I was curious to read to see if large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus." But earlier, you posed that same thought but said you were asking for a friend.

I am confused.

Are you asking for a friend or not?????

tenor (6).gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:
Centristsin2010 wrote......There are more important virus' being addressed now; after ignoring it for centuries. The virus of RACISM...it's killed thousands! And still resides in many white seniors. A mask is useless because it's not a respiratory illness; it's a heart and brain infection. My question.....Do you think it only resides in many white seniors? If so, why? No, but seniors have had much more opportunityand time  to address the country's virus.  What would Jesus do?  Does it matter?  If not, why?

I see on the news this morning that all of the policemen have now been changed (as they should be). There was the crime of murder and I think justice will now be served for that crime. What I disagree with from what I am seeing on the news is the stealing, looting and burning of buildings, cars and other property. I don't think other crimes are a solution. People have the right to protest, but not commit criminal acts.  No one has suggested it was.  Why do you imply that others do?  I'm pleased it's gotten WHITE America's attention...peaceful demonstrations for decades had no impact.  Now, YOUR PARTY; YOUR GENERATION has an opportunity to change the world.  What will you do?

I was curious to read to see if these large gatherings are expected to produce any spike in the spread of the virus. From what I read there is some concern, but the fact it was outdoors seems to offer a bit of protection. I guess time will tell.  Just like the virus of racism.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ Soosie - The Covid virus is still being spread person to person, riding on the tiny droplets of water you exhale with every breath, word, shout and sneeze. The people spreading the infection still do not know they have the disease for at least two weeks before any symptoms appear - some people NEVER show symptoms, but are still highly infectious. Being in a crowd of people crowd who are not wearing masks astronomically increases your chance of getting the disease . Then, once you're infected, you can go home and give the disease to your family who have been sheltering in place for weeks and wearing masks whenever they venture out and not know what you did for weeks.

In short, the ToadPOTUS is demanding his Worshipers get and spread the infection because HE thinks it's Macho to go without a mask and HE needs big crowds of adoring idiots around him at all times.

So people need to decide if they want to sicken and die after infecting and killing their families, or reject the idiocy of tRump and the GOPerLords and wear the mask when outside. Surprisingly, it seems to be a really hard choice for ToadWorshipers, and most are choosing "sicken and die" to remain worshipful of their moronic Toad.

Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

We have not rounded the curve of danger from the virus we are protesting a greater danger. There will be a vaccine for the virus but this country's rampant racism and the never ending murders of innocent black men and women by police officers cannot be cured by any vaccine.

Please explain that to your friend. What's happening here is not difficult to understand but it has been a long time coming.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png