From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FUTURE FOR POLICE TO MAKE ARREST

Message 1 of 8

@rk9152 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

@scout.................You were the only one who read all of this in my post. Can you take my post line by line and find and show all you have seemed to find in it? No mention of seniors, no mention of race. Careful to address both sexes, no mention of the age, race or sex of the policeman or the person with the stolen TV. Oh, yes, I did mention Ca., but no one has gone off the deep end over that yet. Here is my read on you. You seem PO'd because someone has not brought you a truckload of money. I don't know what you have lost that made you so bitter, but a smart move would be to overcome. That is good medicine and the best revenge.

You really cannot expect an understanding of humor from anyone consumed by envy and hatred. Nice try though.

Yep, when someone consumed by envy and hatred posts so-called humor ............ most simply don't appreciate the humor in it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@Soosie wrote:

@scout.................You were the only one who read all of this in my post. Can you take my post line by line and find and show all you have seemed to find in it? No mention of seniors, no mention of race. Careful to address both sexes, no mention of the age, race or sex of the policeman or the person with the stolen TV. Oh, yes, I did mention Ca., but no one has gone off the deep end over that yet. Here is my read on you. You seem PO'd because someone has not brought you a truckload of money. I don't know what you have lost that made you so bitter, but a smart move would be to overcome. That is good medicine and the best revenge.

You really cannot expect an understanding of humor from anyone consumed by envy and hatred. Nice try though.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@Epster wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@scout......You know, Scout, I could have done like I have seen some of the hard core here do and say, "As you all know, I write humor as if everyone already knows the group on some personal level." Instead, there is so much hatred here, no one bothers to let anyone else in. This group wants to be the group who all agree, right or wrong and pat one another on the backside with kudos." Are you guys afraid of a different opinion? Are you not able to debate on an adult level? Some of you seem to be smart people. I do give you a pat on the head for not inserting GOPLords, Detrumper, racists or any of the other overused words here. I wish some of you could step back and read what you post daily without the hatred for fellow Americans. I wonder if you would be able to see some posts in a different light. BTW, the post is supposed to be humor, but unfortunately there is some truth in it.

@Soosie  Right-o. 

It is mental and emotional weakness that acts out in the manner you outlined. It is mental and emotional weakness that attacks whatever is different from oneself. Humor, on the other hand can be a useful tool in breaking down thought barriers that keep us divided, so thanks again for adding and infusing humor to these boards. Smiley Happy

It is only those who place dogma ahead of reason who find it necessary to "act out". This explains why the above posts fail to provide a single reason anyone should agree with Conservative positions and all must instead join in demeaning any who disagree with those positions.

One position of the RW on this blog is that 47% of Americans are no dang good BECAUSE they are not paid enough to have to pay Federal income taxes - it is a mime that is repeated daily and considered Gospel by Republicans. There is no thought given to the fact this hated (by the GOP) group includes our men and women serving in combat, a great many seniors living on pensions that were pillaged by their employers, many young people working part-time and the disabled. No matter to the Republicans, those things are no excuse for not being paid enough to pay Federal Income Taxes, and therefore no GOPer is permitted to forgive. What is your response to these facts?

Another mime is that the Dreamers are CRIMINALS and must be first despised and then punished for the crimes they never committed. Not even Reagan was that hateful and he championed and signed The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 which granted CITIZENSHIP to 3.2 MILLION "illegal aliens" .

This legislation (from wikipedia):

• required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status;
  • made it illegal to hire or recruit illegal immigrants  knowingly;
  • legalized certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants, and;
  • legalized illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt; candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of crimes, that they were in the country before January 1, 1982, and that they possessed at least a minimal knowledge about U.S. history, government, and the English language.

For any Republican to propose such an effective and honorable solution to the immigration problem today would mean they would be "primaried out" by the xenophobic misogynists who now control the GOP. Not even Reagan is "conservative" (GOPers word for "hate-filled") enough for today's Republican leadership or the rabid base of the party. I might also note that NO Republican on this blog has every mentioned Reagan's heroic and humanitarian action to solve the plight of undocumented immigrants and granting amnesty to 3.2 million of them. Instead our bloggers mindlessly repeat the totally bogus mantra that Reagan gave everyone a tax cut and that tax cut had nothing to do with the fact the 99% stopped getting increases in their real income as soon as it was passed. What is your response to these facts?

In short, the Republicans on this blog define "adult discussion" as "agree with me or shut up" and, since they cannot attack the logic of arguments against their policies and practices, must resort to personal attacks on those who are most effective in exposing their constant attacks on the 99% and obsequious worship of the 1%.

I do hope you see the humor in this, and I'll pray for you as you prey on others. (it's a bit of word-play, doncha know)  ;o)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@Soosie wrote:
@scout......You know, Scout, I could have done like I have seen some of the hard core here do and say, "As you all know, I write humor as if everyone already knows the group on some personal level." Instead, there is so much hatred here, no one bothers to let anyone else in. This group wants to be the group who all agree, right or wrong and pat one another on the backside with kudos." Are you guys afraid of a different opinion? Are you not able to debate on an adult level? Some of you seem to be smart people. I do give you a pat on the head for not inserting GOPLords, Detrumper, racists or any of the other overused words here. I wish some of you could step back and read what you post daily without the hatred for fellow Americans. I wonder if you would be able to see some posts in a different light. BTW, the post is supposed to be humor, but unfortunately there is some truth in it.

@Soosie  Right-o. 

It is mental and emotional weakness that acts out in the manner you outlined. It is mental and emotional weakness that attacks whatever is different from oneself. Humor, on the other hand can be a useful tool in breaking down thought barriers that keep us divided, so thanks again for adding and infusing humor to these boards. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

"Sir or madam," Please put down the TV for a moment, please."  "Yes, I know you are in a hurry, but I want to be sure you understand all our protective procedeures."  "If you are in the country illegally, I will KILL YOU."  "If you are a member of any group that has a prostitution ring, I will KILL YOU."  "If you are a member of any group that wants to kill Americans who practice their religious beliefs and they are against what you believe, I will KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY."  "If you want to protest, riot and leave cities in destruction, no problem, I WILL KILL YOU."  "If for any reason some law enforcement does not honor all of the protection you should be afforded, here is the names of some Republican politicians and lawyers (many times they are one and the same) who will get your poor non-white butt out in the open SO I CAN KILL YOU."  "Now, are you sure the tv is a large enough screen for you?"  "If not, I will KILL YOU," "You see, I am a Republican, and that's how we deal with people who are different because Fox said to."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

FUTURE FOR POLICE TO MAKE ARREST

Message 8 of 8

"Sir or madam," Please put down the TV for a moment, please."  "Yes, I know you are in a hurry, but I want to be sure you understand all your protective devices."  "If you are in the country illegally, I will be able to get you a ticket to California."  "If you are a member of any group that has a prostitution ring, I will put you in touch with some guys who will sponsor you."  "If you are a member of any group that wants to kill Americans who practice their religious beliefs and they are against what you believe, I will put you in touch with some Liberals."  "If you want to protest, riot and leave cities in destruction, no problem, that gives some Americans jobs for a few weeks."  "If for any reason some law enforcement does not honor all of the protection you should be afforded, here is the names of some politicians and lawyers (many times they are one and the same) who will get your corrupt, but protected butt out of trouble."  "Now, are you sure the tv is a large enough screen for you?"  "If not, I will find you a brick so you can get the proper one."

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors