Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 81 of 95

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Thank God for free speech - the ability to post silly things and not be reprimanded for it.

I agree with you Nothappening  but what worries me is the aftermath. of some of the free speech and the attacks that follow afterwards.

I agree with Epster's post regarding free speech. Your employer makes the rules when it is on his/her dime (speech, actions, dress, looks)!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 95

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Thank God for free speech - the ability to post silly things and not be reprimanded for it.

I agree with you Nothappening  but what worries me is the aftermath. of some of the free speech and the attacks that follow afterwards.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 95

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Conservatives only support their kind of free speech; not anyone else's.  Free speech includes the national anthem.

No kidding?  The national anthem is free speech?  Wait a minute, I bet you're talking about kneeling during the national anthem.  That's free speech alright.  It's also just plain stupid unless you can define what you hope to accomplish by it.

Employers have a right to define what is and what is not acceptable free speech/expression/action while you are working for them. Some require you to wear a uniform rather than your own street clothes. Some restrict the number of earrings or quantity of necklaces or visible piercings you can display while working. Some will not allow you to wear a beard; others will not allow you to wear neon-hued hair. And some require you to stand during the national anthem.

If you do not accept the work conditions, --and the incumbent limitations on your free speech-- find another job. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 95

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Conservatives only support their kind of free speech; not anyone else's.  Free speech includes the national anthem.

We support equal treatment regardless of race. And that is the point of Soosie's post - the inequality of treatment by the NFL.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 95

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Soosie,  Soosie,  Soosie.  so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..

Does that mean that you do or do not think that players should be treated equally regardless of their race - Soosie's point.

Many do not consider equality to be "silly".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 95

@CS402050 wrote:

I bet you're talking about kneeling during the national anthem.  That's free speech alright.  It's also just plain stupid unless you can define what you hope to accomplish by it.

@CS402050,

Is kneeling during the National Anthem to protest POLICE BRUTALITY and RACIAL INEQUALITY any different than say;

The 1964 school boycotts in CLEVELAND, OHIO to protest segregation? 

The 1914 march in CLEVELAND, OHIO for women's suffrage?

The April 15, 1967 mass demonstration, led by CLEVELAND resident Dr. Benjamin Spock, and held in CLEVELAND, OHIO to protest the Vietnam War?

Of course not!!!!

They are all peaceful protests conducted by those that have a strong conviction to be heard.

Calling these protests STUPID  indicates your RACIAL ANIMUS to these PARTICULAR protests because they are being conducted by BLACK ATHLETES.

But I guess directing your RACIAL ANIMUS toward BLACK ATHLETES is your right of free speech; so have at it!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 95

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

No kidding?  The national anthem is free speech?  Wait a minute, I bet you're talking about kneeling during the national anthem.  That's free speech alright.  It's also just plain stupid unless you can define what you hope to accomplish by it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 95

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 95

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..

So wouldn't those posts be 'silly' only perhaps in the eye of the beholder?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 95

@Roxanna35 wrote:

so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..

So wouldn't those posts be 'silly' only perhaps in the eye of the beholder?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors