FREE SPEECH

free speech.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Over 70% of workers are unaware that the First Amendment doesn't protect them from getting fired ove...

No freedom of speech while at work!  Is that what you're advocating?

It's not what I'm advocating but just the facts of life - take it or leave it!

You're still mistaken....though I don't expect you to read the link to understand how or why you're wrong.  It's not what those who are obstinately devoted to their view or predjudices are interested in.

You are always welcome to your biased opinion.

You must not understand the words, "obstinately devoted to one's biases and predjudices" actually mean.  "Take it or leave it", fits. "No freedom of speech while at work!" fits; "You are quite wrong again" fits.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Thank God for free speech - the ability to post silly things and not be reprimanded for it.

I agree with you Nothappening  but what worries me is the aftermath. of some of the free speech and the attacks that follow afterwards.

I agree with Epster's post regarding free speech. Your employer makes the rules when it is on his/her dime (speech, actions, dress, looks)!

I agree as well and that includes how they wish to address the national anthem.

Don't forget that they are employed by the team/NFL and THEY make the rules (not individual dissenters). Of course they do; like most employers.  As long as they are receiving a paycheck from the "employer", they MUST follow their rules! Within the rules or latitude provided by the employer. You can practice free speech ONLY on your own time. WRONG!  Many employers allow their employees full free speech. 

You are quite wrong again. Really? Can you prove it?  I doubt it.  Most employers (and ALL fortune 500 employers) have written directives what is appropriate speech at work and when representing work (even away from work). You are confusing "free speech" and being terminated for something inappropriate.  Employees are free to say want they want and employers are free to terminate employees if they so choose; again, you confuse the issue. 

I didn't confuse the issue, you did when you said employees have freedom of speech. Nice to see that you agree with me that if you want to exercise your freedom of speech at work, your employment will end! No freedom of speech while at work!

I did not know there was no freedom of speech at work. How about other type organizations like hate groups.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Don't forget that they are employed by the team/NFL and THEY make the rules (not individual dissenters). As long as they are receiving a paycheck from the "employer", they MUST follow their rules! You can practice free speech ONLY on your own time.

They would be fired immediately if they were in any other situation or organization.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Don't forget that they are employed by the team/NFL and THEY make the rules (not individual dissenters). As long as they are receiving a paycheck from the "employer", they MUST follow their rules! You can practice free speech ONLY on your own time.

They would be fired immediately if they were in any other situation or organization.

I assume that even liberals know this or maybe NOT?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Just amazing. Whatever happen to do what a boss tells them. You want to protest. Do it on your own **bleep** time. This crap is getting old. Another season of football fast approaching and here we go again. Caperneckie was allowed to wear those sick socks, (Pigs in a blanket) Capernecktie did this because he knows nobody was going to sign him. He sucked as a QB. NFL does not keep a tight leash on this time around, they to will sink too. Imagine all those overpaid kids having to get a real job. Thank you politicians. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png