Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

FREE SPEECH

free speech.jpg

 

0 Kudos
452 Views
94
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:

free speech.jpg

 


It is a shame when one can't let go of Black Guys taking a knee for a cause.

 

Oh well????

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

It is a shame when one can't let go of Black Guys taking a knee for a cause.

------------@NCtarheel.........It could be like being obsessed with Texas. Some of us just can't turn loose of things can we?
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie,  Soosie,  Soosie.  so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..

no name
Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

Soosie,  Soosie,  Soosie.  so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..


Does that mean that you do or do not think that players should be treated equally regardless of their race - Soosie's point.

 

Many do not consider equality to be "silly".

Honored Social Butterfly


@Roxanna35 wrote:

so,  you believe in Free Speech?  good, in that case, you will have to allow me to tell you that you are constanttly posting silly posts. in this message board..




So wouldn't those posts be 'silly' only perhaps in the eye of the beholder?

Honored Social Butterfly

Conservatives only support their kind of free speech; not anyone else's.  Free speech includes the national anthem.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Conservatives only support their kind of free speech; not anyone else's.  Free speech includes the national anthem.


We support equal treatment regardless of race. And that is the point of Soosie's post - the inequality of treatment by the NFL.

0 Kudos
330 Views
62
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Conservatives only support their kind of free speech; not anyone else's.  Free speech includes the national anthem.


We support equal treatment regardless of race. LOL....you didn't support the free speech and equal treatment in Charlottesville, though you did attack the counter-protesters claiming they needed a permit.  You did support the White Supremacists obtaining a permit under false pretenses.  You didn't support those peacefully protesting kneeling during the anthem. In fact, I rarely see Conservatives support equal treatment "regardless of race".  But how could you?  You claim to only see "people"....there's no races.  What a fraud.... 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Prior to 9/11 this would not have been an issue. I agree post post 9/11 for a time, the Nation needed the display of UNITY of patriotism. ut about the time the govt started funding these huge displays, they also started calling it a "celebration of our heroes".. which is definately out of line. Its not a celebration of the military with the police and fire depts tossed in. Its a celebration of the US, and if some people find less to celebrate, then they shouldnt have to. FORCED PATRIOTISM is illegal for the govt to impose, which in this case it essentially did. Besides, the Anthem is a crappy song about one battle, and is racist in its last verses. America the beautiful is much better.
So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:
Prior to 9/11 this would not have been an issue. I agree post post 9/11 for a time, the Nation needed the display of UNITY of patriotism. ut about the time the govt started funding these huge displays, they also started calling it a "celebration of our heroes".. which is definately out of line. Its not a celebration of the military with the police and fire depts tossed in. Its a celebration of the US, and if some people find less to celebrate, then they shouldnt have to. FORCED PATRIOTISM is illegal for the govt to impose, which in this case it essentially did. Besides, the Anthem is a crappy song about one battle, and is racist in its last verses. America the beautiful is much better.

In the past patriotism came from the local ground roots of America.  We were taught that we were one country indivisible, out of many, and people were stirred by the playing the national anthem and the display of the colors.  It came from the heart for ordinary America.

 

We were taught that the anthem was about America's willing to fight for our country, and that the flag itself represented our country.  I found that out when in foreign countries because it indicated a part of the USA in that foreign country.

 

Today the country is taught that there is no loyalty to the country that gives us freedom, but we to follow our own desires individually instead.  As Abraham Lincoln said, 'a house divided against itself cannot stand'.

 

The country is probably more divided today than it was leading up to the Civil War.

 

And it was after 9/11 that the hero worship started in an attempt to make amends to those of us who returned home to taunts and attacks by those who stayed home.  Without any doubt they are liberal leaning today on this forum.

0 Kudos
314 Views
59
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Prior to 9/11 this would not have been an issue. I agree post post 9/11 for a time, the Nation needed the display of UNITY of patriotism. ut about the time the govt started funding these huge displays, they also started calling it a "celebration of our heroes".. which is definately out of line. Its not a celebration of the military with the police and fire depts tossed in. Its a celebration of the US, and if some people find less to celebrate, then they shouldnt have to. FORCED PATRIOTISM is illegal for the govt to impose, which in this case it essentially did. Besides, the Anthem is a crappy song about one battle, and is racist in its last verses. America the beautiful is much better.

In the past patriotism came from the local ground roots of America.  We were taught that we were one country indivisible, out of many, and people were stirred by the playing the national anthem and the display of the colors.  It came from the heart for ordinary America.

 

We were taught that the anthem was about America's willing to fight for our country, and that the flag itself represented our country.  I found that out when in foreign countries because it indicated a part of the USA in that foreign country.

 

Today the country is taught that there is no loyalty to the country that gives us freedom, but we to follow our own desires individually instead.  As Abraham Lincoln said, 'a house divided against itself cannot stand'.

 

The country is probably more divided today than it was leading up to the Civil War.

 

And it was after 9/11 that the hero worship started in an attempt to make amends to those of us who returned home to taunts and attacks by those who stayed home.  Without any doubt they are liberal leaning today on this forum.


I was taught the same. but then, i started to see what it represented wasnt tru for everybody, and that was supposed to be an acepted part of america too. its good, but not perfect. That should be a goal.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:


I was taught the same. but then, i started to see what it represented wasnt tru for everybody, and that was supposed to be an acepted part of america too. its good, but not perfect. That should be a goal.


Of course we are a large country made up from many.  We're not like the majority of countries from the same origins.  What do you expect? 

0 Kudos
248 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


I was taught the same. but then, i started to see what it represented wasnt tru for everybody, and that was supposed to be an acepted part of america too. its good, but not perfect. That should be a goal.


Of course we are a large country made up from many.  We're not like the majority of countries from the same origins.  What do you expect? 


you mean  we are a country of immigrants from many backgrounds and its unreasonable to  expect everyone to ast the same? E Pluribus Unum was tossed out to bait the soviets, ut in reality it excluded non traditional religions from the motto. 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:


you mean  we are a country of immigrants from many backgrounds and its unreasonable to  expect everyone to ast the same? E Pluribus Unum was tossed out to bait the soviets, ut in reality it excluded non traditional religions from the motto. 


Curious as to where you came upon that type of misinformation.   It was first suggested for use on the Seal of the United States back in 1776 and on coins as early as 1795.  And we were familiar with the 'melting pot' and 'out of many one' while in school during the Second World War and afterwards.  In no way was it connected with the Cold War or the Soviets.

 

Textbooks even before that contained the slogan.

0 Kudos
216 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


you mean  we are a country of immigrants from many backgrounds and its unreasonable to  expect everyone to ast the same? E Pluribus Unum was tossed out to bait the soviets, ut in reality it excluded non traditional religions from the motto. 


Curious as to where you came upon that type of misinformation.   It was first suggested for use on the Seal of the United States back in 1776 and on coins as early as 1795.  And we were familiar with the 'melting pot' and 'out of many one' while in school during the Second World War and afterwards.  In no way was it connected with the Cold War or the Soviets.

 

Textbooks even before that contained the slogan.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust 

 

Sorry Tx, its as i said. also as I said, you are now defending our melting pot country instead of baiting the pro immigration crowd. what DO you want to be when you grow up?

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

 

Sorry Tx, its as i said. also as I said, you are now defending our melting pot country instead of baiting the pro immigration crowd. what DO you want to be when you grow up?


So what is wrong with defending our melting pot country.  That is what I took an oath to defend. You must be a liberal since you use that word 'baiting' frequently.  If I had it to do all over again, I'd do exactly what I have been doing for the past many years.

0 Kudos
218 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for judge judy gif rolling eyes


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Wonder if continuously posting animated graphics of Judge Judy is free speech?  Or is it a form of spamming?

0 Kudos
302 Views
51
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Wonder if continuously posting animated graphics of Judge Judy is free speech?  Or is it a form of spamming?


Alternate answer - a childish response by someone who has run out of ideas and just has to prove it.

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Wonder if continuously posting animated graphics of Judge Judy is free speech?  Or is it a form of spamming?


Alternate answer - a childish response by someone who has run out of ideas and just has to prove it.


Of course!!!  Sort of saying 'take that'!!!!

0 Kudos
215 Views
44
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Wonder if continuously posting animated graphics of Judge Juydy is free speech?  Or is it a form of spamming?


Alternate answer - a childish response by someone who has run out of ideas and just has to prove it.


Of course!!!  Sort of saying 'take that'!!!!


Fellow posters, welcome to the "Free Speech" topic where some Conservatives suggest they support the concept and then attack others for exercising that right.  What a bunch of loathsome adults....nothing to contribute to the topic, but trolling.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Fellow posters, welcome to the "Free Speech" topic where some Conservatives suggest they support the concept and then attack others for exercising that right. What a bunch of loathsome adults....nothing to contribute to the topic, but trolling........@ whoever posted this. It gets hard to tell at times who posted which insult. Calling any group a bunch of loathsome adults should be beneath any adult with any gray matter still holding in the old noodle. It must be tough when you can't run some people off YOUR site. Have you told AARP that it belongs to you? As I have determined, it is for all seniors whether you like them or not.
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:


Fellow posters, welcome to the "Free Speech" topic where some Conservatives suggest they support the concept and then attack others for exercising that right.  What a bunch of loathsome adults....nothing to contribute to the topic, but trolling.


Then there are those whose apparent definition of 'Free Speech' is those who agree with them.  Apparently the rest is considered TROLLING.

 

To paraphrase the commercial, 'What's in your posts'?

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


Fellow posters, welcome to the "Free Speech" topic where some Conservatives suggest they support the concept and then attack others for exercising that right.  What a bunch of loathsome adults....nothing to contribute to the topic, but trolling.


Then there are those whose apparent definition of 'Free Speech' is those who agree with them.  I agree.  Like those who are against peaceful protests kneeling in silence or walking out of a graduation.  Yes, Tex, there are those bigots against frre speech; they're a loathsome bunch and not what I call "great Americans".


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:


Then there are those whose apparent definition of 'Free Speech' is those who agree with them.  I agree.  Like those who are against peaceful protests kneeling in silence or walking out of a graduation.  Yes, Tex, there are those bigots against frre speech; they're a loathsome bunch and not what I call "great Americans".


And when did you become the judge of 'great Americans'?  Wouldn't someone who constantly criticizes others opinions be classified as bigoted?  Especially inferring that others are bigots?  And more  especially when interrupting  a topic about 'Free Speech'?

 

Pathetic!!!

0 Kudos
250 Views
39
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


Then there are those whose apparent definition of 'Free Speech' is those who agree with them.  I agree.  Like those who are against peaceful protests kneeling in silence or walking out of a graduation.  Yes, Tex, there are those bigots against free speech; they're a loathsome bunch and not what I call "great Americans".


And when did you become the judge of 'great Americans'?  LOL.....some choose to ignore the words, "and not what I call"....maybe you think those who disagree with you should be denied free speech, not I.

 

Wouldn't someone who constantly criticizes others opinions be classified as bigoted?  Nope.....I encourage you to learn what the term means.  I've posted several times directly to you that "we can disagree to disagree".  That wasn't acceptable to you in each case.  I find that odd and more in line with those who are obstinately devoted to their views; that's OK.

 

Especially inferring that others are bigots? Some sure fit the definition.  But I support the right for those bigots to say as they choose; it's their right of free speech.

 

Pathetic!!!  I agree.  I've never whined that anyone was trying to take my free speech rights away here on this site, or even changed political affiliation charging such nonsense.  But, freedom of speech is so vital to all of us; though attacking someone personally for disagreeing is quite lame.  Don't you think?

 

I hope I answered your baiting questions satisfactorily.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:




-------------------

It's not so strange when someone disagrees with a liberal's opinion call it baiting.  And it's not so strange that liberals here are more interested in posting about others, yet insisting they are not.  And its not so strange that most refuse to accept responsibility for their posts, instead blaming it on others.

 

So, did you jump in with posting to me to engage in civil discussion or to incite an argumentative discussion with accusations?  Your words belie what you are saying.

 

As far as I'm concerned this discussion is over since it is more accusatory than constructive.  Unless there is someone who can discuss civilly. 

 

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
254 Views
37
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:




-------------------

It's not so strange when someone disagrees with a liberal's opinion call it baiting.  And it's not so strange that liberals here are more interested in posting about others, yet insisting they are not.

 

Note to self.....

 

The above posted by a Bernie Sanders poster....the most Liberal candidate running in 2016.

 

- end of note

 

 

Was "projecting" the term you used previously?

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:




-------------------

It's not so strange when someone disagrees with a liberal's opinion call it baiting.  And it's not so strange that liberals here are more interested in posting about others, yet insisting they are not.

 

Note to self.....

 

The above posted by a Bernie Sanders poster....the most Liberal candidate running in 2016.

 

- end of note

 

Was "projecting" the term you used previously?

 


 


Is Bernie Sanders still running for some national office?  And where does he fit into this discussion?  So you have to go back to the 2016 primaries to drag up something to relate to this thread?

 

Could we gather that you don't support free speech?  You keep making posts about others instead of the topic.  Why?

0 Kudos
261 Views
35
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png