Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FRANCE, America Apologizes For Trump's Comments

Message 1 of 23

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

I don't know how this works in foreign countries or for such historical places, but wouldn't the contractors doing the construction have some kind of insurance against accidents like this? I know this may seem like a very insensitive question, but I was just wondering?  

The Cathedral of Notre Dame was begun in 1163 A.D. and finished in 1345 A.D.

There was no "insurance" available at that time...

Alfred, I meant the contractors doing the work.

Would they allow contractors in to do such restoration without insurance? Perhaps it was being done by a subsides government entity?  Regardless, I am so glad to see many starting the fund raising to get it rebuilt.

I am sure that the construction company that was doing the restoration is not a fly by night operation. In all probablity it was accidental, and due to the very ancient wood in which this church was constructed, it was something that could have happened in the future.

Now, they will have to have the best engenners  that will want to come and think very hard as to what is to be done.
Most of those European Catholic churches hold invaluable painings and frescoes.  and pre date many of the new things htat we have to date.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

I don't know how this works in foreign countries or for such historical places, but wouldn't the contractors doing the construction have some kind of insurance against accidents like this? I know this may seem like a very insensitive question, but I was just wondering?  

Would they allow contractors in to do such restoration without insurance? Perhaps it was being done by a subsides government entity?  Regardless, I am so glad to see many starting the fund raising to get it rebuilt.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Maybe Lloyds of London insured it but it probably won't cover everything.....thus the donations.  

In Georgia years ago....a carpet mill burned and was started by a contractor using a blow-torch.    The insurer I worked for had a million dollar (or more) claim filed.    I think  it's a good guess it was started accidently by a workman.    

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@Controlled42010 wrote:

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Good Points

They Follow Him Because Like Him They Don't Care Anything About the United States

When Trump Loses in 2020 & refuses to leave the Whitehouse - the vast majority of Trump Zealots will surround the Whitehouse with their Red Hats and AK-47's & attempt to repell any efforts to have him Physically Removed

Trump will then go to Russia and live in the Trump Tower Moscow that he and Putin will finally build together and without a doubt the majority of the Red Hats will still be Cheering Every Tweet & waiting for the next Trump Rally in Red Square

Your blind hatred does take you in some very strange directions.

The post above is embarrassing.  If what I read is what the poster believes, we are all in trouble. and guess what , you don't win elections by not understanding what you consider your enemy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

Good Points

They Follow Him Because Like Him They Don't Care Anything About the United States

When Trump Loses in 2020 & refuses to leave the Whitehouse - the vast majority of Trump Zealots will surround the Whitehouse with their Red Hats and AK-47's & attempt to repell any efforts to have him Physically Removed

Trump will then go to Russia and live in the Trump Tower Moscow that he and Putin will finally build together and without a doubt the majority of the Red Hats will still be Cheering Every Tweet & waiting for the next Trump Rally in Red Square

Your blind hatred does take you in some very strange directions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

How STUPID is THIS PRESIDENT???

MIGHTY, MIGHTY, MIGHTY STUPID.

His comments on the PUERTO RICO disaster: "It is an island surrounded by BIG WATER."

His comments on the Hurricane Florence disaster: " It is TREMENDOUSLY big and TRMENDOUSLY wet." "WET from the standpoint of water."

His comments on the Notre Dame disaster: "It was burning AT A LEVEL YOU RARELY SEE a fire burn."

And, if that wasn't STUPID ENOUGH............

His comment on the Notre Dame disaster, Part 2: Maybe FLYING WATER TANKERS could be used to put the fire out.

FRANCE, America apologizes for the STUPIDITY of this president. He won't be there beyond 2020.

His lack of language skills forces him to blurt out comments that only a STUPID PERSON would blurt out.

And that he is.

To anyone BUT a Trump hater, THERE IS nothing wrong with WHAT he SAID.

Yeah - Why Would Anyone Who Adocates Raking The Forests To Prevent Forest Fires

Be Expected To Understand Dropping 50 Ton Loads of Water From 100 Feet Onto A 750 Year Old Historical Icon Wouldn't Be A Good Idea

Focus, mick - this isn't a forest fire and certainly not something for you to assume the responsibility of speaking for America over.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@rker321 wrote:

Everything that you have stated is true. but.

If you care to see what the Trump followers say about Trump and why they think that he is what this country needs. You need to see and examine what they are saying.
They don't care abut his morality or lack of it, they don't care about how crooked his financial deals have been, they don't care about how he tries to destroy the Rule of Law or not.

What they care about.

tax cuts, deregulation. immigration, jobs and the economy.
Anything else is completely immaterial to them as long as he keeps his ideas of putting super conservative judges that will change this country forever. and that the economy continues to be where it is right now. 
Until any of those things start to  fail, they will follow him.
No matter where it takes this country. no matter how it destroys this country of what it was founded on.
In order to defeat Trump you all need to understand as to why they follow him.

Good Points

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views